Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites 2014-2015 : Arabba/Selva/Corvara/Canazei etc......

Poster: A snowHead
In common with the rest of the Alps, the Dolomites have had a dump today.... Smile

May not last long (+2 in Ortisei) but look like a good start.

I've noticed that Arabba has revamped it's website and the Sport Hotel has a new webcam looking at the Burz slopes
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bit big, if it causes anyone grief I will edit the size Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
tiffin, That didnt last long !! -- that was covered earier today......
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yeah, southern facing slope, must be pretty warm still.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just checked the Selva webcams -- They have had a 'dump' overnight Smile :: Seceda and Ciampinoi are looking gooood.......
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mega snow in Selva this morning
http://goo.gl/7kgdCV
http://www.val-gardena.com/en/sochers--live/page778.html
And Alta Badia
http://www.altabadia.org/en/webcams snowHead
Fingers crossed this is the start of a great season
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just checked the Weather Underground site .. They are forecasting colder temperatures this week (with a chance of Snow !!!...)

http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.10.16021

It says 'Corvara' in the title, but I think the weather station is a 'personal' one in Arabba
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
albob wrote:
Just checked the Selva webcams -- They have had a 'dump' overnight Smile :: Seceda and Ciampinoi are looking gooood.......

Plan (de Gralba) is a good yardstick as to the condition of the valley. It's at valley bottom level pretty much. Plan is looking pants on the livecam.

It's just too warm to fire the canons. Confused
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not a lot of snow in Corvara today !!! (08/12/14)

http://webcam.hotelarkadia.it/Hoteleingang.jpg

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 28-12-14 12:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Finally! A round up of runs that are open and planned to open from 13th Dec in Dolomites can be found here! Smile

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/documents/comunicati-impianti-aperti/201415/11-12-2014/comunicato-dolomiti-superski-apertura-impianti-e-piste-11.12.14-ore-16.00_1.pdf
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@woodsy,

Some of those runs are a brave shout looking at the livecams this afternoon. Plan (de Gralba) back to Selva will be a mess which is one route off of Ciampinoi. Selva village is still green. Confused
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks like its snowing a bit across parts of the Dolomites this morning. However the current radar does show the precipitation slowly weakening.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's creaking towards being OK. The higher areas of the Val G valley are skiable, very patchy low down.

It's still 4/5 degrees too warm throughout the area.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://m.dolomitisuperski.com/en/dolomiti-live/news/sellaronda-open-from-tomorrow--17th-december_mn1133096
Very Happy
snow report
altogether rather pants, I wasn't expecting to have a green village at more than 1,400m. And still no proper snowfall on the horizon.

At least I booked the area knowing they have excellent snowmaking - that's a decent fallback...
latest report
@horizon,

When are you out there?
ski holidays
I'm getting there this Saturday late afternoon. I've booked for a week and then I have the freedom of booking for the following week in the Dolomites or elsewhere more snowy within driving distance, assuming there's anything left to book, of course.
ski holidays
Look on the Brightside, there are parts of the French Alps looking worse.

My Daughter is in Vallandry, she's looking at brown muddy fields apparently. Confused
snow report
Two o'clock webcam picture in Arabba look to have 'some' cover (and snowing..)##

Ortisei still green tho'................

Ronda opens tomorrow.... Smile
ski holidays
Seiseralm looked great late afternoon today. Just hope the Foehn later this week doesn't eat it.
ski holidays
@pjd, We need a Mantra

repeat after me "Foehn NO, Foehn NO, Schnee Yah, Schnee Yah, Schnee Yah, ....."
ski holidays
"Foehn NO, Foehn NO, Schnee Yah, Schnee Yah, Schnee Yah, ....." "Foehn NO, Foehn NO, Schnee Yah, Schnee Yah, Schnee Yah, ....." "Foehn NO, Foehn NO, Schnee Yah, Schnee Yah, Schnee Yah, ....." Is it working??
ski holidays
Bartezki wrote:
"Foehn NO, Foehn NO, Schnee Yah, Schnee Yah, Schnee Yah, ....." "Foehn NO, Foehn NO, Schnee Yah, Schnee Yah, Schnee Yah, ....." "Foehn NO, Foehn NO, Schnee Yah, Schnee Yah, Schnee Yah, ....." Is it working??

Laughing Well, Seiseralm is looking great today - as it should do at this time of year. Canons on full pelt too.

http://seis.it-wms.com/wmspanoviewer.php?lang=de
ski holidays
Nervously watching these webcams like a hawk every day - we go to Badia on the 29th for a week, hopefully the cold temps forecast after Christmas are true!
snow report
Reporter on Alpinforum yesterday did the Sella Ronda and said the skiing was good. A couple of slopes had small stones and some steep pitches were icy in the afternoon but all things considered,sounds pretty good.
@craigsmfc, welcome too snowheads.
ski holidays
@pjd, Nice page that one. I'll save it. If I change lang=de to lang=en I can understand what they say.
latest report
The situation is quite different from last year, these are pics from the 6th of January :

Still there is some hope, if the wildest ensembles become true, we may have a very nice dump at the beginning of the year:

Which one is the goddess of snow? I may try some praying.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cota4000 wrote:
Which one is the goddess of snow? I may try some praying.

Opinions is split between Lindsey Vonn and Chemmy Alcott.
snow conditions
@pjd " Well, Seiseralm is looking great today - as it should do at this time of year. Canons on full pelt too."

Yes, been watching. We go every year over New Year for 10 days - stay in Castelrotto - lots of New Years fun.

Temps will drop like a stone after Christmas so will be nice 'n crunchy. Looks like the Sella Ronda will be in good condition.
snow conditions
@irie, great place isn't it. I see from the dolomiti website that the Florian area opens up today too. We stayed at the Goldenes Roessl in Castelrotto/ Kastelruth last year. Lovely hotel and town, and about 2/3rds of the price of staying in St Ulrich/Ortisei.
latest report
@pjd, Yes, all looking very good, Florian is Mrs irie's favourite piste. Bamby is now open and when it opens you know that all the other side is on the way.
snow conditions
The Sella Ronda is reporting 216km open today out of a possible 441km.
With the cool down starting on Boxing Day that leaves 6 days out before the New Year to get more runs open. If it stays cold 90% of the runs can be covered by snow making so there is a good chance that nearly the whole are will be operational by 2015, even if it doesn't snow. That sounds impressive to me snowHead
snow conditions
Yes, it will get increasingly cold from Thursday onwards - perfect snow canon weather.

We fly into Innsbruck on Monday, and Tuesday onwards (on the Seiser Alm and Sella Ronda) looks pretty much like clear blue skies for the 10 days we're there. All bar two mickey mouse lifts/pistes are open on the Seiser Alm.

Smile
ski holidays
@irie, quite a bit of ensemble support in GFS 06Z for snow on Sunday. We'll see.
ski holidays
Nice to see all that investment in the Snow Cannons paying off .....!
latest report
@albob "Nice to see all that investment in the Snow Cannons paying off .....!"

Indeed, what a difference to the French Alps!

We cleared off from France years ago after getting fed up with being ripped off, ramshackle lifts and ski buses, Russians and their whores, and the general lack of investment in skiing infrastructure.
ski holidays
@irie, +1. France last option for us. Prefer ITA and AUT
snow report
Still lots of uncertainty over the path of the developing low pressure but on one scenario the area gets over 1 meter of snow on Sunday and Monday!
http://www.bergfex.com/groeden-wolkenstein/wetter/prognose/#4 Shocked
ski holidays
@pjd, 1.25M in Alta Badia...Snowmageddon II snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy