Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

RyanAir US

Poster: A snowHead
RyanAir have business plan ready for long haul (5-10yrs time). Flights around €10.

They would need to provide a bit more leg room than their Eurropean flights.

http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/30850-ryanair-considering-the-a350-b787-for-transatlantic-flights
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RyanAir have a long history of strategic headline placing (which contain almost 100% organis matter) just to get their name in the paper.

No doubt the planes will have coin operated toilets: http://edition.cnn.com/2009/BUSINESS/02/27/ryanair.toilet.charges/

OR

standy uppie areas where you don't get a seat: http://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/feb/28/ryanair-standing-only-plane-tickets-regulator

Michael O'Leary can go Puk himself, I remember standing in Girona airport while the ticket inspector dragged the "metal bag sizer" up a marble floor to measure everyones luggage, stopping at the women with the baby back pack. I had to hold her toddler while my wife held her proper tiny baby - maybe 6 months old - while the women pushed her backpack into the sizer, she had to give it a good shove and was told, by a walking hairdo that you weren't allowed to push the bag in........Q massive argument, shouting, tears (not from me tho Blush ) then the walking hairdo walked away and said Puta..

Then got back and saw the investigation that proved that ALL Ryanair's bloody sizer were smaller than the size advertised which meant hundreds or thousands of customer having to incorrectly pay for oversized hand luggage that wasn't oversized.

I know they are cheap but for me and mine, life is just too short.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/the-year-in-pictures_1/bus-ride.jpg
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
will pay more to fly with someone else... horrendous company
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I still don't see the problem with Ryanair, I must fly with them at least 8 times a year and have never come across any major issues with them.
In my experience they are nearly always on time or early, the flights are good value and if you can read and follow the limits of what you are allowed to take you will never have a problem.
We've just flown from Manchester to Beziers today, the flight arrived early, the plane was clean, the staff courteous, boarding and disembarkment was quick and well orgainsed and it was under £50 per person with 20kgs of luggage each.

In comparison to the flights we have had with Easyjet recently it was heaven.

We flew with Easyjet in August from Manchester to Geneva, the plane was delayed by 2 hours and at no point were we informed that the flight was going to be delayed. The staff were particularly unhelpful at Manchester airport and didn't seem interested.
We then flew to Venice from Geneva with no major problems and just a short delay, however the flight back from Venice to Geneva was frustrating primarily down to the lack of organisation of the Easyjet staff.
The flight was due to depart at 1:30pm and they started boarding around 1pm. However it took at least an hour to get everybody on the plane mainly because they were weighing or measuring everybodies bag and charging people if they were slightly over. This also meant they missed their slot so we had another 30 minute wait before setting off meaning an unnecessary delay.

My impression is that Ryanair have taken onboard past criticism and are now far more flexible and easygoing about the rules although most of their regular customers stick to the limits and don't take the p*ss.
They also seem to be well managed which would explain why they are one of the few airlines regularly making a profit.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I vote with my feet and I do by utmost never to fly with them , their recent results(profits warnings) and new charm offensive means I'm not the only one .
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I like all of the "Budget airlines" as they provide a service to and from plavces that other carriers don't. Far more convenient.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skichampcouk wrote:
We then flew to Venice from Geneva with no major problems and just a short delay, however the flight back from Venice to Geneva was frustrating primarily down to the lack of organisation of the Easyjet staff.The flight was due to depart at 1:30pm and they started boarding around 1pm. However it took at least an hour to get everybody on the plane mainly because they were weighing or measuring everybodies bag and charging people if they were slightly over. This also meant they missed their slot so we had another 30 minute wait before setting off meaning an unnecessary delay.

Is it not more likely that they'd already missed the slot for some reason and were using the delay as an opportunity to check bags?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The departure board didn't indicate the flight had been put back, the easyjet staff didn't inform us that the flight had been put back so I can only assume that the delay was caused by their lack of organisation.
It was pretty chaotic, they only had two staff at the gate, one was measuring or weighing bags and charging people whilst the other was checking tickets and passports.
They could quite easily have checked the majority of peoples bags prior to them commencing boarding, they had staff at the gate at least 15 minutes before they started boarding.

Having said that quite a few of the passengers were trying to 'pull a fast one'. Plenty of people had more than one piece of hand luggage or oversized bags and were obviously trying to get away with not paying to put luggage in the hold.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's unlikely. Airlines don't make money when planes are on the ground and deliberately delaying a departure is a very expensive proposition.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
I like all of the "Budget airlines" as they provide a service to and from plavces that other carriers don't. Far more convenient.

+1

Never had an issue with Ryanair. No delays, no baggage problems, no rude staff, good value flights, perfectly acceptable flight times. When one considers the options, back in the day, there's a lot to be said for budget flying, IMV.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have had so many bad experiences with Ryanair over the years that I too now avoid using them whenever I can. I consider them to be a particularly nasty bunch of money grabbers with a poor customer service attitude(even in this World where con-artists, scammers and cheats seem to be allowed to thrive). When I have to use Ryanair, I will. But given a choice, anyone else, including EasyJet, will get my custom.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There was no choice in the old days Toofy Grin :-

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fortunately Ryanair fly from the Frankfurt airport that's nearer to Luxembourg than Frankfurt, so I don't get a realistic chance to find out for myself which story to believe. Bus and train connections to an old WWII airfield are useless. Return flight gets in at 22:30 last time I looked, meaning 2am arrival back home. But I'm sure it's an ace airport for foreign tourists wanting to visit the Mosel vineyards.

9hours of longhaul sell sell sell buy this buy that duty free might be tiring.

Would they do longhaul+shorthaul as a hub based service, with connecting flights? or an array of singles?
ski holidays
£10 flight . . . £600 fees, luggage etc....

Norwegian . . . are the cheapest at the moment . . . Looking at eosb flights to/from London
ski holidays
skichampcouk,

Of course it's perfectly possible to have a bad experience with any airline, and as an example, I wouldn't choose to fly with Thomas Cook again.

However Ryanair's attitude takes poor customer service to new depths: if you choose to fly with them pray that you are not grounded (irrespective of reason). AFAIK all other airlines would try to get you back home or to your onward destination; not Ryanair. They won't even offer a refund of the flight because, and I quote " That's what your insurance is for!"
latest report
andy wrote:
9hours of longhaul sell sell sell buy this buy that duty free might be tiring.

This for me. I can follow their rules on luggage and tickets etc and have found the cabin staff perfectly polite, but the in-flight experience is (I imagine) like being strapped to a bench in a cattle market. Not a second rest for an entire flight, though I appreciate that on a short haul Geneva to London it must be harder to cram in all those sale targets.
ski holidays
Masque wrote:
£10 flight . . . £600 fees, luggage etc....

Norwegian . . . are the cheapest at the moment . . . Looking at eosb flights to/from London
I have never been charged extra fees, if I book on a case I make sure it is in the right size and weight, ditto with cabin luggage. No extra fees, even with the old website it was easy to just pay your flight. If folks want to be pandered to fine, pay more, I am thrilled though with Ryanair, and most of the time I have no problems with where they are going, sometimes I just pick a Ryanair flight and go explore. If I want to go to a definite airport then sometimes I have to use another airline and find the extra cost is madness.
ski holidays
depends where you live.
Ryanair would cost me €35 more in parking than the bus fare for Lufthansa, plus 3+ hours driving, plus about €35 extra in fuel. When a Lufthansa flight is only €98 all in, includng 23kg luggage, and including free ski baggage on top. So on that ticket fare Ryanair needs to be below €28 all in. And with numbers like that, we're arguing about trading off convenience for a few euros.
And for sub 20 quid, I'll take convenience, 5-6 flights per day rather than 1 at crack of sparrowfart and 1 late afternoon, and a free drink+sarnie on leather seats (plus a few airmiles to add to the account).
snow conditions
In your case then Lufthansa works out for you, sometimes as I said I have to use other airlines, but when I do use Ryanair I have never had a problem, nor have I had any worse customer service with them than any other airline.
ski holidays
They can't be much worse than the Delta flight we recently took from Atlanta to Manchester, which was quite possibly the worst flight I've ever taken, short or long haul. All stewards were miserable and made every effort to be as uncooperative as possible, although they probably smiled internally as they bashed everyone's arm and legs with the food and drinks trollys. Food was barely edible, give me a fare reduction and no food please, I can then choose to buy and sh*t or something reasonable. Cabin temperature on overnight flight was in the 30's. Breakfast was a dried up roll which turned to dust when you touched it Puzzled
Outbound flight was with Virgin from LHR to LAX, very good, wish we had come back via LHR..
snow report
I appreciate that those who complain about fees for overweight bags etc., don't really have a strong argument against Ryanair. They make these fees clear and so it should be easy to avoid them.

But Ryanair have abysmal customer service, a money-grabbing attitude and their staff can be unhelpful and petty.

Some years ago I was booking flights for eight people. We had the option of a cheap early morning flight or a more expensive mid-day flight. We chose the expensive option because it was more convenient. Ryanair subsequently cancelled the mid-day flight and moved us on to the early morning flight. They refused to refund us the difference in cost despite the fact that the early flight was still being sold at the cheaper price! They made £160 out of us.

A couple of years ago I bought a sandwich at the airport before boarding the flight. I intended to eat it as soon as I was seated on the plane. A Ryanair dragon walking along the boarding queue said the sandwich I was holding in my hand constituted a second piece of hand luggage and I would not be allowed to board the plane. Her attitude was very aggressive for no reason. Obviously I put the sandwich in my rucksack and retrieved it when I was seated on the plane, but what an unnecessary petty, unhelpful attitude to present to a paying customer !

If Ryanair went bust tomorrow I would raise the loudest cheer because maybe a company who know how to treat customers a bit better would take over their routes.
snow conditions
Mr Marmot wrote:
A couple of years ago I bought a sandwich at the airport before boarding the flight. I intended to eat it as soon as I was seated on the plane. A Ryanair dragon walking along the boarding queue said the sandwich I was holding in my hand constituted a second piece of hand luggage and I would not be allowed to board the plane. Her attitude was very aggressive for no reason. Obviously I put the sandwich in my rucksack and retrieved it when I was seated on the plane, but what an unnecessary petty, unhelpful attitude to present to a paying customer !

She obviously wanted you to bin the sandwich so that the aircrew could sell you a sandwich once you were on board.... Toofy Grin
latest report
Does it make you feel better to know that Ryanair pilots are on zero-hours contracts?

They are.
snow conditions
rungsp wrote:
Does it make you feel better to know that Ryanair pilots are on zero-hours contracts?

They are.

Should have trained harder.
snow report
Never had a problem with RyanAir. If you know what to expect just obey the rules & everything is ok.

Hey its just a Bus with wings ..
snow report
Quote:

They are.

Maybe some - but certainly not all -and in case of two of my former colleagues the captains receive the industry going rate.

Stanton +1 (now there's a thing!)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
blahblahblah, The Niece's boyfriend graduated top of class, and highest grades awarded for three years from flight school.
£70k cost (!)
Flying with Ryanair.

Of his class of thirty only three got jobs with Ryan/Easy.
Both airlines employ only on zero hours contracts for new staff. You even have to pay for your uniform!
None got a job with with flag carriers anywhere in world.
Several are still job hunting and the rest are flying in Africa, Asia and China.

"Should have trained harder" ? Really??.
snow report
rungsp, I wonder if that's because the flag carriers require their pilots to have more flight hours than Easy/Ryan? A friend of my daughter's has been flying for Easy while he gets his hours up.
ski holidays
rungsp wrote:

They are.

As long as they're not Zero contracts, a la Japan, its fine by me Twisted Evil
latest report
I had one bad experience where someone was supposed to book me a golf bag, and adding at the airport the woman charged me £80 and i said "so that's done for return" "No thats one way" at which point i slapped my hand on top of my boarding card / passport and said 'well thats just brilliant isn't it" and walked away....

She then came out from behind her desk and followed me catching up saying "i don't appreciate your tone" and threatened to have me throw out of the airport... Given the overarching 'power' what could i do apart form simply apologise. Some people may say it was threatening behaviour but to me it was just frustration that Ryanair were wanting to charge me £160 for a golf bag.... Since then i've never used them.

To be fair though i do use Easyjet quite often and haven't had a problem with them, i don't use them for business but that's primarily because the times are rubbish and the actual flight cost compared to a national carrier (BA / KLM) is the same. Ryanair's business model of simply moving costs onto airports i find really rather frustrating....

Pay for check-in baggage, result everyone has hand luggage, result security takes an age whilst they all get unpacked to be scanned
Don't pay for air-bridge, result airport needs 10's of staff to get people onto busses to move 10 metres and then off-load them.

Painful.
ski holidays
Levi215, I find people will still bring cabin baggage even if they have checked bags, on any airline! It's the map pets that at the last minute discover fluids in their baggage, or take forever emptying their pockets, removing belts, boots etc that causes the security nightmares! Most Ryanair flights tend to go to smaller airports so usually easy to get through security and the land bridge isn't a problem! I can see though in the main airports it would be!
snow conditions
Saw this one and thought of the thread, worth a read for a bit of a chuckle...

http://overheard.liketodiscover.com/the-greatest-ryan-air-complaint-letter-in-the-world-ever/?utm_medium=Share_Bottom&utm_source=Facebook-Timeline&utm_content=Photo&utm_campaign=FB_Share
snow conditions
I fly reasonably frequently, although not so much recently that I am in a desperate scramble to fly enough sectors that I retain my current Lufthansa status (free luggage out of Geneva on no free checked luggage flights).

Easyjet is not ever a problem, at least up to 3 hours beyond which the limited seat pitch begins to annoy even a little un like me.

Ryanair however on the occasions that I have had to use them have just been so unbelievably miserable, and made me feel so grubby that I will not use them unless there is no other practicable way of getting to where I want to go.
snow conditions
Back to the OP: will they be landing near the actual airport, or will it be a "New York (Toronto)" flight, involving a 10 hour bus trip back to New York?? My last two Ryanair trips were "Barcelona" (Girona - 1.5 hour flight, 2.5 hour bus trip to Barcelona), and a flight to Eindhoven that had to be diverted to somewhere in Belgium...

I have not used them for ski flights, as there is no real price difference between Ryanair and (say) Swiss or BA, so I'd rather go with one of those.
latest report
boardiac wrote:
My last two Ryanair trips were "Barcelona" (Girona - 1.5 hour flight, 2.5 hour bus trip to Barcelona)

I did that one to go to a four day music festival in Barca (SONAR), the inconvenience was massively compensated for by the absolute hilarity of a coach and plane load of 'tired and emotional' festival goers on the way back. Laughing
ski holidays
boardiac, bearing in mind New York is a state could probably be any airport in the state Very Happy
snow report
stevew wrote:
boardiac, bearing in mind New York is a state could probably be any airport in the state Very Happy

Or a town in Idaho that has recently changed it's name to New York, persuaded by an Irish sounding guy with a fake moustache and glasses with a bag full or Euros.....

They will then have a transfer bus that takes just 1.5 days to get you to the real New York.
snow report
I thought of this thread when I saw this, a giggle at cheap flights, and poke in the eye to irish trad too........
http://youtube.com/v/qHcim_KNZYw
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy