Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

W H E R E I S E V E R Y O N E ?

Poster: A snowHead
Yup, definitely not dried up.

NehNeh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clarky999, that grass-skiing looks amazing. Cool Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just seen these on a friends facebook - two days ago Grand Paradiso Cool

Does look sweet.

Looks like a good week windwise for getting back out on the kite, wind every day from tomorrow Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Joe Vallone et al. seem to be getting after it too...

Well worth a follow on Instagram.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
valais2, pisteur contracts ending doesn't mean the season is over...

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Offpisteskiing, saw on your blog that you were just in Lofoten. Could you give any recommendations for where to still find some snow?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jimmer, been back 2 weeks now (left 16th) so not too sure what is happening, but have just seen some very snowy looking pics from some guys I know out there on Store Trolltind (Trollfjord area), so if you are on Lofoten and have access to a rib the Trollfjord area should certainly be worth a look. If no floaty-boat available then Geitgaljern and that area certainly had the most snow at the end of our trip. Further west was thinner, inland definitely had more....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Assuming you are talking about Lofoten of course....
If not, there is plenty of snow to be had in the alps. the piccies above were in the Bonatti couloir on Petit Mt Blanc. Above Cham is a bit weird at the moment, Vanoise north faces are looking pretty good, but who knows what will happen in a weeks time?
Conscrits hut area sounds like it has reasonable conditions too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great thanks, we're not taking a boat, but maybe we can hire one!? Driving up from Are tomorrow via a day in Borgefjell.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Check out the companies at the harbour in Svolvaer who do sea eagle cruises etc - they can get you in (at a price), or talk to the guys at Northern Alpine Guides - tell them I sent you...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnE, Yes, GR5 to les Contamines, then probably up to Tete Rousse to acclimatise for a few days, then summit via Gouter. Realistically, I think it's going to be 2015, as I'm planning to take 6 weeks to do it, and the logistics of arranging time off work, children, etc, will probably not come off this year. Also, I'm planning to go go for sponsorship to raise a huge amount of money for charity, so a slow long build up may work well, provided I can keep people interested.
Jude1, I know someone who attempted it, but had to give up half way, and they plan to go back to finish it this year. They were wild camping, carrying all their kit. There was a book some years ago written by an investment banker who took early retirement and did the coast to coast, but I'm sorry, I can't remember its name.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jude1, I've a friend who did some of it. His walking partner did most if not all of it. She's a tough, very experienced walker and she found it hard. There's one section, I think, where you have to carry all your food and water for something like five days!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
altis, My friends took a water purifier and filter, so didn't need to carry much water
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm out on the bike in a bid to be the best I've been in a while next season.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Im booking holidays and trying to get fit in readiness so I don't completely suck!! Several years of only skiing snow domes will mean ill be knackered after the first 200m on a mountain Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Great couple of hours kitesurfing off where I live in a solid breeze, nice little waves and glorious sunshine, almost on a par with a good powder day.

Though was slightly nerve racking at first as kiting can be a dangerous beast at times, and I was a little concerned that I might be rusty after five months off the water, but bit like riding a bike soon got back into the groove.

Kiting can be perceived by many as dangerous to the general public and other water / beach users so I wouldn't be surprised to have "Agitated of Le Beaufortain / Chichester Harbour" responding saying we're all a danger to society and should all be banned. rolling eyes
latest report
Those things are dangerous. Look what happened to Mel from Benidorm, at his wedding too. Shocked snowHead

I'm sat on the settee with broken leg propped up on cushions, hope it's fixed by Christmas. Shocked snowHead
snow conditions
Quote:

Kiting can be perceived by many as dangerous to the general public and other water / beach users so I wouldn't be surprised to have "Agitated of Le Beaufortain / Chichester Harbour" responding saying we're all a danger to society and should all be banned

No need, old chap. Chichester Harbour Conservancy has decided that kite-surfing is "incompatible with the safety and enjoyment of the other 9000 vessels which use the harbour". And at Witterings Beach - the best for miles around - kite-surfing is restricted to members of the local club, who I believe keep a close eye on things and make sure people are competent. So I'm fine, thanks very much - but your concern is much appreciated. Little Angel

Thankfully, when a solo kiter got into trouble in the Bay of Cannes one day I saw his kite go down, realized that he was struggling and was able to "stand by" and attract the attention of the only other boat in the vicinity - driven by a Frenchman who, being a lot stronger than me and with a more suitable boat, was better equipped to help.
ski holidays
And the season still hasn't finished today...:

(look closely...)

Incidentally conditions on and off piste were amazing around the Grande Motte today - shame it shuts on Sunday (for those who want lift access!).
ski holidays
NeddySkiGoon, how's the leg doing?
ski holidays
Just back from a cheeky end of season trip to Zermatt - flew out Wednesday last week for 3 days on the white stuff and got back into Manchester on Sunday. Conditions were amazing we could ski right down to Cervinia and and had fresh powder on two mornings. The town was buzzing as all the competitors were in town for the Patrol of the Glaciers endurance race (Zermatt Verbier via Arolla). Been walking on our local hill tonight for an hour after work, not quite the same as ski-ing off the Kleine Matterhorn at just short of 4000 metres - back to reality untill the next fix. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
pam w, Leg's bloody sore, but the bruising coming out, leg is yellow while my foot is black and blue. Day time telly is driving me up the wall but my Jelly Splash skills are coming on in leaps and bounds. Blush
snow report
NeddySkiGoon, Sad sorry it's sore. Had to look up Jelly Splash....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy