Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

W H E R E I S E V E R Y O N E ?

Poster: A snowHead
....look, I know the lawn needs cutting, the kids are fretting, the sun is shining and the picnic things are actually being used, but some of us want to sit in front of a computer screen obsessing about what we're not doing, namely sliding on snow. Everyone seems to go off line suddenly, around now.

I certainly am trying to get up enough enthusiasm to get back on the bike in some kind of serious way (flunked it this morning and had to make a thousand pancakes for the kids...) and getting back on the climbing wall... BUT DON"T ALL OF YOU LOT DISAPPEAR and don't stop talking about skiing.....start planning, keep talking about kit, continue to go an about technique....please
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
valais2 wrote:
... don't stop talking about skiing.

Did you mean don't stop taking about skiing in the Alps ? wink

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=110568

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=101916&start=440#2528644
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
moffatross,

exactly....once the Alps dry up everyone b******s off the site.....

re your links excellent - more of this please....

Chile
Argentina
Patagonia
NZ
Aus
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
valais2, I am looking at new boots and New Year bookings.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
blahblahblah, excellent .... keep it going and keep it on the site .... let your thoughts hang out for all to see ....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
moffatross, spot on, and i'm somewhat bemused to be away when conditions are so good up in the West.

Ps. you know, I reckon I rode a t bar with you on one of my 2 days in Glencoe this season, but I've guessed wrong before about who folk on here atually are wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
valais2, when do the resorts in the counties listed open?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnE, here they all are....

http://www.skiresort.info/snow-reports/seasonstart/

I have an invite to Argentina, but the flight costs are eyewatering....and I can't be away long enough to go by banana boat....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Alps haven't dried up Puzzled

My feet are too ravaged from Thursday to ski today though Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
clarky999, dramatic licence - of course there's plenty although the lifts have stopped in lots of places - next month there will be zermatt, saas (although they may close to preserve stuff), stelvio etc....but the main places have an end to all the pisteur contracts of course,...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just booked some flights to Zurich for a long weekend beginning on 11th December, sneaky pre-xmas jaunt. Looks like we will head for Engleberg as there should be snow there, and the girls can spend a day window shopping in Lucerne . . . . snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just booked Ischgl for next year and I'm VERY excited! Only 8 months to wait now....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Been in the fridge 4 times this last week will probably hit the dry slope next week and week after then back to the fridge all being well ( though may get the monthly pass for June snowHead So will be skiing all year ( need the practice and def need to improve fitness ).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
speed098, that's the ticket....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
checking travel for BB and PBBWU
ski holidays
glasgowcyclops, wt r u tlkn ubt
latest report
Sssh, I'm watching motoGP...
latest report
On my MTB, thoughts about skiing on back burner for next few months otherwise I get depressed thinking its another 7 months rolling eyes
snow conditions
Went to the fridge last night, Jnr has been this morning!
snow conditions
queen bodecia, I would be too if I hadn't got rid od my Sky TV in a moment of money saving madness and went with BT which is cr*p! Sad
ski holidays
valais2 wrote:
glasgowcyclops, wt r u tlkn ubt

Checking in advance if I can get travel to and from the Pre bash in Innsbruck then VCE back. IE KLM is great back to Glasgow but 4x the price for a single.

I always have a meeting in London at that time So I could go on the Wednesday evening. Free train down to London (travel miles or company paying) etc etc etc.

PS it is raining here and My wife and mother in law are discussing knitting. So I'm on my new mac book "farting around" TM.
latest report
Markymark29, MotoGP is only on BT, it's not on Sky...
snow report
valais2, I've got an idea for a trip staying in refuges on La Meije, so as to be the first group on the snow in the morning. Also, for climbing Mont Blanc, starting at sea level in Nice. I'll post more details as the ideas develop Smile
snow report
queen bodecia, its not on mine, I can only get about 10 channels!
ski holidays
Markymark29, it's on BT Sport, free to BT broadband customers, Sky and Virgin customers have to pay extra.
ski holidays
Made it out on the mountain bike today. First time since getting back three weeks ago from Val Thorens.

Booked up for Xmas week to go back there.............................229 days to go Very Happy
ski holidays
valais2, planning done mostly Very Happy
Flights booked, truck deposited and accommodation mostly sorted, beginning of trip and end of trip finalised its just the bit in the middle to do Madeye-Smiley Finished it last weekend for Feb next year. Just the 10 months in between to get through now Toofy Grin All at prices less than this years trip Shocked

So thinking I'm allowed a little time outside enjoying the weather, especially since I've finally got my mota back after 5 months - ready for teh summer Cool

Chamcham, That sounds like a fun trip Smile
snow conditions
Uh. Solden, where the sky was blue today and the snow was cold:

Obviously not wasting the stuff by skiing on it. Good luck with washing the caravan or whatever it was.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alps not dried up just yet. Beautiful skiing to be had in ValTho today, on and off piste. After a week of snow the crowds and clouds have gone. snowHead
snow conditions
I'm in Canada, the flat bit.
snow report
Anyone got any tips on fitness stuff to do rather than actually skiing? Also on the fridges castle ford doesn't seem to have any advanced inter / advanced courses? Any lures or good fridge courses up't'north? Bumps carving and jumps ideally
snow conditions
steph, ....not sure I want to know this ... Not when I'm in the uk right now ....
snow report
Levi215 wrote:
Anyone got any tips on fitness stuff to do rather than actually skiing? Also on the fridges castle ford doesn't seem to have any advanced inter / advanced courses? Any lures or good fridge courses up't'north? Bumps carving and jumps ideally

There is a thread on here re warren Smith courses at CFe

and also for ski X at CFe

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=108666

Ski Rossendale has coaching with Dave Fuller on Friday nights think it starts around 7-7:30pm for 90 min and costs £10 including slope fees.
They may be doing something similar on Wednesday evening but best to phone them and check.
snow report

Good thread valais2. I'll just post a ski pic every week through the summer in random places to keep things fresh, starting now...

Hut to Hut with MountainAddict & Co, Austria March 2014
snow report
Levi215 wrote:
Anyone got any tips on fitness stuff to do rather than actually skiing?

Yes! Ditch the car whenever you can and ride a bike that's a bit on the small side for you. Let the tyres go down and ride it at least 5 times a week carrying a full backpack - great for strong thighs! Got me (a hut to hut virgin) through a gruelling (but hugely enjoyable!) 5 days of touring, climbing over 1,000 metres daily - two days with about 40 kick turns per couloir per day! Experienced tourers (not those on my trip I hasten to add) scoffed at my fitness plan, but it worked!
snow report
Jude1, excellent....
latest report
I was just in Are for their closing weekend, now prepping for a road trip touring in Norway, before competing in Rijksgransen. I'll have 6 weeks of holidays off snow after that, then the season starts in Chile.
snow report
Chamcham, Good luck with the Meije it looks a tough climb. I will be tackling some much easier stuff in the Vanoise and the Dolomites. Is it GR5 from Nice to Mont Blanc?

Jude1, Perhaps I should let the tyres down on my bike. But that seems a bit extreme
snow conditions
Chamcham wrote:
valais2, I've got an idea for a trip ... starting at sea level ... Smile

Another idea for summer walk: sea level Atlantic to sea level Med through Pyrennees - anyone done it? (Plans to do it scuppered when broke both bones in lower leg snowboarding. Stupid me. Embarassed )
ski holidays
Levi215 wrote:
Anyone got any tips on fitness stuff to do rather than actually skiing?

Spinning! I love it, it's addictive.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy