Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PDS - March 2015

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Considering a family trip to the PDS next year for a week. Due to school holiday contraints the earliest we can leave is on the last weekend in March (28th).

We would aim to be based in Avoriaz - are we likely to be able to get around much of the PDS circuit? I have been before in April about 3 years ago (the really bad snow year) and was staying in Morzine. Snow was poor there and in Les Gets but was better in Avoriaz although even here the snow was not great. I did manage to get across to the area towards Chatel and also over the Swiss Wall but much beyond there was closed. Confined us to the main Avoriaz bowl which was fine but with so much potential terraine to explore I was a little disappointed.

In a better snow year (such as this) most (if not all) of the main PDS seems to be open still. Would love to ski the main PDS sectors at least once !

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are going to be in Avoriaz the week beginning 13th April - local lift pass booked at the minute but likely to upgrade to PDS pass. Will be keeping an eye on the webcam. Post a review when you get back please.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

Many thanks for your reply. I am not planning on being in the PDS until March 2015. Are you off there this April. If so be very interested to hear how your trip goes.
Very Happy
Griggs
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Griggs, I'd be very surprised if you couldn't ski at least Avoriaz/Les Crosets/Lindarets/Chatel (Pre La Joux and Linga). Probably some more on the Swiss side as well and a bit of Super Morzine.

I don't spend a lot of time in Morzine/Les Gets but the higher stuff there would probably be OK.

Bits which get a bit flaky include the Chatel side of Morgins which is key for a "proper" circuit, Torgon, the lower bit of Planachaux and the last bit of the run down to Prodains.

I'm sure you will have plenty to go at and they are remarkably good at farming what snow there is to keep it going.

If you check the threads in the Snow Reports section for the last few years you will be able to see the state of things each year on your target dates. A few threads here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=91247&start=240
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55329
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=79025

Google should track down the rest
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oops - misread it - thought it was 28th March this year. Will let you know how things go.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi

How was your April trip to Avoriaz? Be interested to hear how it went.

All the best.

Griggs
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some resorts around PDS are low. You should be able to get over to Switzerland though. There is still a lot of skiing to be done without going to Morzine and Les Gets.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We live in Les Gets in the winter and we generally ski from Ardent most of the time in April. Easter Sunday was our last day this year and we spent a great morning over on the Chatel side.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Had a great weeks skiing in Avoriaz. We were getting a bit worried as the coach made it's way towards Avoriaz - we passed through Les Gets, Morzine and no snow in either however it was a different story in Avoriaz. Great ski area - we only had local passes for Avoriaz which was more than enough for us for the week. It is a lovely ski area and there was plenty of lovely blue runs for us to be cracking on with and we moved on to the reds as the week ant on. Pistes were very all maintained and by the end of our week there was only one run in the Avoriaz area that had been closed. We stayed in one of the Ski Total chalets which was in a perfect location. There are not many chalets there - the resort seems to be a mass of self catering apartments. I should imagine at Xmas this is a great little resort - transport round the town is either on foot or by a horse drawn sledge. The horses all have bells and that is all you can hear around the town. We were there at Easter and all the trees still had Xmas lights on. I would heartily recommend this resort and would go back in a flash. Next time we will go for the whole area pass and spared our wings a little. This was a great ski holiday and I was so glad that I booked it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy