Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thanks Profeet!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
...and thats 60 minutes! Think that will do for one night! Feet feel fine. clamped, but fine!

ScottyDog
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I bought a pair straight out of the box and they are still snug and I've skied about 10 weeks in them.
I have to batten them down a bit on the slopes as the day goes on and I get the odd pain here and there.
Sometimes I can leave them clipped up during lunchtime but the twinges that I do get makes me think I could
do with custom this and that...

I don't have odd shape feet or broken bones etc so I haven't felt the need so far. Any skiing issues don't start with my feet
so I'm not totally convinced..

But having said that if they work for you...!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi. Just to let anyone who is thinking of using Profeet know, in my humble opinion go for it! The boots were fantastic for the week. I would put them on in the morning, and my feet would take a run or two to settle down in them, but then they would be as comfy as slippers all day, and I felt I had much more control as a result of a better fitting and stiffer boot.

So another recommendation for Profeet!

ScottyDog
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And Mr C is getting very excited at the prospect of a pain-free week's skiing wink He seems to have spent most of the last week traipsing round the house in them (and managed to stand on my bare fifth metatarsal (little toe!) in the process Evil or Very Mad - it still doesn't feel right about 2 weeks later Evil or Very Mad )

The proof will come in 10 days' time though....

Glad to hear yours were good Scottydog
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
scottydog, Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ise wrote:
I'm having new ones done at the moment and it's the same story, I need to go back and get some work done. I doubt I'll be using the new ones this side of Xmas really.

Just caught up with this thread.... Ise, are you using someone in CH? If so, where?

My boots are 99.9% comfortable, no pressure points anywhere, toes not squished, heel not lifting, no friction so no blisters. I started out with the original footbeds/insoles and they were fine. In Feb I had the Hotronics heaters fitted as at -25 C my feet were getting numb from the cold. I'm just realising I have (long had) a problem with cramp at the base of my 3rd toe on each foot anyway (even in street shoes, I can be walking along or driving and suddenly I get a cramp I can't get rid of). Left is worse than right. Anyway, with the original insoles I had no problem with cramp whatsoever, just cold-related numbness.

This year so far, however, I have had a couple of occasions where I've got cramp at the base of my 3rd toe (hits in the bottom half of a turn and I just have to hold the turn until I can slow and stop, then have to stop to allow the cramp to ease). Also my toes (particularly on the left foot) have felt like I have cotton wool stuffed under and between my toes - no pain, no pins and needles, not even numb really, just very weird - almost as if they are cold when they're not. I also get the feeling (I'm not 100% sure, will pay attention next time out) that the Hotronic insole is moving backwards and forwards fractionally, which I presume it shouldn't do and could be contributing to the problem.

Anyway, when I was in the city the other day I saw some heat-moulded orthotic footbeds for CHF 69 (can't remember the name now, it was an NZ company if anyone can help?). Would they solve the problem? You can get a heating element for custom footbeds for the Hotronics, and everything else about the boots is dead comfy. Any thoughts, anyone?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When I bought my first pair of boots I had read all sorts of stories about how boots should be tight and would wear in.

The boot fitter in Canada said it was the first time he had ever heard someone say "are these boots too comfy ?". Mind you 5 years on and they are fab.

The first thing I noticed about skiing in well fitting boots was that I could ski one footed far more easily !

Scottydog - I have heard nothing but goodthings about pro-feet - they will get there (along with the boots breaking in) - just give them time. Why they haven't got a branch at Milton Keynes I don't know !
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, just wanted to say there'll be a big box of chocolates on the way to Leith at profeet. After a week's skiing Mr C did not have any pain or soreness at all and the boots were so comfortable he was able to keep them on all day - since starting skiing in 2002 every holiday has been spent with constant adjustments being made to his boots, painful ankles and having to change into trainers at every possible opportunity. There is now one very very grateful skier. Well worth the money. Thank you! snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've just had a pair of Conformable insoles done by Stoeckli and will report back after our week in the 3V.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mrs Ski is now the proud owner of some Lange CRL90Ws, again at Profeet. 1st go on them tonight.... Shocked
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
scottydog wrote:
snowskisnow, thanks!

Well I have just returned from a visit. Jimmy took note of my hot-spots, went off wih the boots for 30 minutes and returned. Felt much better in the shop when I tried them on.

Got home, and put them on, didn't feel as 'comfy' (or bearable!) as they did in store! however, 10 minutes on, as I type this, they are still on, buckled up and although super-super snug, not painful.

So feel now how I thought they should - very snug/tight, so that they will fit like a glove with a little use Smile

I just want to break 30 minutes tonight!

ScottyDog

PS - After spellchecks - 17 Minutes....

Interesting. Jimmy fitted mine as well (Technica Diablo Fire) Tried them at Xscape yesterday. They fit well (snug) but my outside arches still hurt like mad. I have those fancy foot supports that Jimmy made up for about £60 but my feet stiil ache on the outside. Are you saying that the boots need to bed in a lot first and therefore I should be wearing them around the house quite a bit?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Remember everyone ski boots aren't as simple as shoes. If it takes you 4 or 5 trips to your shop to get the boots perfect then thats what it takes. I would be worried about shops that didnt try to adjust and fit your boots to your feet, rather than a shop who would simply give you a new set of boots at the first sight of a problem.

The EB stores in the xscape buildings are probably EBs best stores. I've spoke to the boot manager at the MK store and he seems as clued up as anyone ive spoke to in any ski shop. I guess its the staff that make a shop good. But if you got boots from Profeet take them back for adjustment the guys expect this sort of thing.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 2-02-06 17:16; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Beginning to wish I'd listened to the man at lockwoods who told me my boots were going to be too big...it's taken 5 weeks skiing but they are indeed too big now - and I'd just got them almost comfy dammit....I sense a trip to profeet in the offing....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
eng_ch wrote:
ise wrote:
I'm having new ones done at the moment and it's the same story, I need to go back and get some work done. I doubt I'll be using the new ones this side of Xmas really.

Just caught up with this thread.... Ise, are you using someone in CH? If so, where?

Embarassed me too, missed that, sorry Very Happy Yes, I know a guy in Bern, he used to do stuff for the US ski team and several sports teams. PM me if you're interested.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jack Hallam, I was told that if you havent used custom made footbeds before it can take a while for your feet to realise they don't need to fight it!

This was certainly the case for me, and I am in Val D right now using the boots for a second week and they are fantastic.

Profeet will work with your concerns though, as they did with mine, until they fit just right.

ScottyDog
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy