Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cinderella, you SHALL go to the ball...

Poster: A snowHead
Beverley, just curious really, it's totally not my thing really so I'd never have dreamed of going. The opportunity to have dinner with people I don't know doesn't do much for me Very Happy

I wouldn't worry about lack of brain cells and the DHO, I don't think it's uncommon combination Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No the DHO dont't worry about levels of intelligence, or appearence (thank god) these days they are just a nice bunch of people to ski with, very handy if you go skiing on your own, with a nice social atmosphere.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thisall sounds my cup of tea, thanks! snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
D G Orf, is the DHO an open club now?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well they let me in, so it must be Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The DHO requires that a couple of people propose and second your membership but that is normally automatic these days, it was never as eliteist as some people would have you believe but that image has been perpetuated by the large number of former military officers that have achived positions of importance, this is probably due to their natural organisational ability rather than any other reason.

They let me in as well so they can't be very closed Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
this is probably due to their natural organisational ability rather than any other reason.

Didn't someone once say... "Being in the army is like being in the Scouts. Except that the Scouts have adult supervision."
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG, Probably however the observation stands, an awful lot of clubs vanish due to the people who run them being incapable of organising the proverbial drinking session in a brewery, for some reason former military officers, in particular army officers seem to be able to get things organised a little better, my guess that it is essential to be able to organise the squaddies, having seen the damage squaddies are capable of doing without supervision I would guess that they are the ones being refered to in your quote. Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very true! While we're having fun with quotes, George Washington said "An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass".

The problem arises when it's asses all round Wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Back to the topic, I see from the photos here that Natives at least had a delegation (how many snowHeads were present?) ... (and is that Beverley on the bucking bronco???)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PG I wish. Great legs! Not me though.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I recognise a few of them! (not the legs on the bronco, though)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Loads more photos on the SCGB site but unlike Natives they didn't caption them. Scroll down for another fine set of pins astride the bronco. Cool
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Beverley,
Replying late as have been on hols in Turkey. We had a group of 8 at the Ski Club Ball, and and all of our party enjoyed the evening, and thought that it was well organised. The food although there were small portions was presented well,the staff at Hurlingham although slightly disorganised did a good job. Yes I agree it was expensive but the Hurlingham has great grounds and this I suppose is what you must pay for in part. One hopes that a good proportion of the ticket cost goes to their good cause - disabled skiers I believe?
Being members of the older generation 55-65, we have had heard better dance bands. The disco belted the usual un-dance-able rubbish but I suppose that is what everybody wants nowadays - give me old fashioned rock 'n roll any day.
That said I have to admit all our friends enjoyed the evening.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David, I'm glad you had a good time. I am clearly now known as a fussy woman ( rolling eyes ), but I don't think it helped that 4 on our table thought it was dreadful and one pair left after supper, so I supposed that put me on a downer, as I'd invited them. I do agree the grounds are beautiful though.

On the table next to us we had the actor Sam Kelly, do you remember him for "Ello Ello" / Morse and various others?
ski holidays
David Goldsmith wrote:

I once tested this black tie nonsense at a friend's posh do, where I turned up in a very stylish (at least I thought it was stylish) thin black leather tie and a fairly casual short-sleeved shirt beneath it.

I was not refused admittance.

The Ski Club is holding a blue boiler suit do in Barnsley. See ya there, comrade. Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy