Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Uber Rockies tour - itinerary gaps to be filled....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So ive been planning a trip to 3-4 canadian rockies resorts for next year - thats all fine.

But in doing so ive been side tracked into planning a hypothetical uber rockies tour

Starting in Jasper and ending in Taos, rules are simple, not more than a 3 hour drive, 2hrs ideal (bent in a few places), cant visit twice and must be worth 2 days skiing, ie more than a t-bar on a golf course.
Jasper
Lake Lou
Sunshine
Mt Norquay
Panorama
Kicking Horse
Revelstoke
Silverstar
Big white
Red
Whitewater
Kimberley
fernie
Castle
Whitefish
Gap - help!
Big Sky
Cheat - but Yellowstone is halfway so thats cool
Grand Targee
Jackson Hole
Beaver Mountain#
Salt lake City/ park city resorts
Gap - help!
I-70 resorts - Powderhorn, Snowmass,Aspen, Beaver Crk, vail, copper, breck, Keystone, A-basin, winter park
Monarch#
Telluride
Purgatory#
Wolf creek#
Taos

(no idea about # resorts, not even googled them yet!)

Any help with the gaps?
Any resorts ive missed on this route, that meet the-rules? Is there a northern and southern extension?

2 days at each is pretty much a season wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
this thread is useless without a google map to show me Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
working on it - google maps only does 20 destinations...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hobbiteater, add "points" for intermediates in close locality. e.g. Jasper to Lake louise is one trip "via" sunshine and norquay (btw hit norquay then LL then sunshine and on down to Revelstoke / kicking horse at the end of the ski day)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Your second gap leaving Salt Lake next on the list should be Steamboat Springs (4.5 - 5 hours) but closer than the I70 resorts.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hobbiteater, you need to change the rules - Big White to Red is 4 hrs - I've done it and was pushing it doing it in 4 hrs Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bones, rules are for bending wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gap 1 - Missoula Snow Bowl or Bridger

Gap2 - a day or so in the desert at Moab - Arches and Canyonlands are awesome any time of year

You've left out Sunlight at Glenwood Springs which is virtually on I70 (though a local hill) and Steamboat which is not far on a Northern loop

Missing Ogden UT - Pow Mow & Snowbasin

Also pedantry but you're way off the Rockies once you're West of KH and Pano as they're a range over already.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy