Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Westbeach clothing on a skier?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
[list=]Looking to update my snow jacket and pants. My current kit is fine, I'm just bored of it after 3 trips of wearing the same stuff! After a quick look online, I've found I like Westbeach stuff the most (purely aesthetically) but it's marketed as snowboarding gear.

Is it a big no-no for a skier to sport this gear?

[/list]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's not much/no fashion difference. The main likely functional difference is that the trousers won't have a thicker material on the cuffs to protect against wear from ski edges.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you need to be wearing saga really.

stay away from our gear Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The big problem is the gear is rubbish.
I had one of their top of the line jackets, supposedly 20k waterproof and 20k breathable.
Unfortunately it was like wearing a binbag Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
betterinblack,
So the waterproof figure was correct then?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
musher wrote:
betterinblack,

Oh yeah Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

betterinblack,

Thats brilliant.

ive had quite a lot of westbeach gear and thought it was pretty good. i dont think i would pay full price for it though, no issues is it come up on sports pursuit or when the outlet prices plummet.

also on a skier! really who gives a rats back bottom. if you like the gear then buy it. no one really pays attention to you no matter what you think Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I didn't think ppl would care. With me only being on the snow 1-2 weeks per year - I don't really know all the rules on these things. Just wanted to check before buying something and everyone being like 'WTF is that guy all about?'

Westbeach seem decent enough quality. I'm not being sucked into wind and waterproof ratings since I realised my £60 random make jacket performed equally as well as my £300 O'neil jacket. From now on I'm picking outer layers on what they look like and keeping the technical stuff for the mid and base layers.

Anyone recommend any other makes like Westbeach that are worth checking out?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
try the likes of holden, airblaster, eleven, 32, analog, nike etc Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Had a nice Westbeach jacket I used for skiing until my snowboarding daughter stole it! No complaints from her having used the jackets in everything from winter white outs to spring bluebird days in the mountains.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RichTraff, Rules? PMSL..sorry. As ewanmalone says..who gives a rats a*rse
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy