Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

so what is your pet peeve,

Poster: A snowHead
pet peeve? ars**oles who hit people from behind - the Dutch twit who hit my son in 2012, the Italian twit who hit me at Christmas and totalled my shoulder. Praise the Lawd for backprotectors and helmets.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
valais2, +1
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Enda wrote:
Swissie wrote:
halfhand, Like the other day when 2 people got on a 6 seater, with a massive queue......yes it does, its bloody selfish.

Hardly the fault of the 2 people on the lift that 4 others didn't get on with them?

Agreed.

Megamum When it's busy fair enough to expect the chairs to be filled and by and large it happens. The queues in Sauze were only significant last Sunday and the lifties were making sure the chairs were full. But I still maintain in a busy queue (>5 mins wait?) the extra time taken for you to get on a chair because previous ones were unfilled doesn't add greatly to the overall time in the queue.

I don't really mind peeps waiting for their mates but why wait for them at the gate to the chair thus blocking (or making awkward) other peoples' access. Now that is a genuine peeve wink .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Most of the above, particularly people stopping in the narrowest points, or by lift entry/exits, queuing with people with hired skis stepping on mine, and waiting for my wife every 200m. Got to go before she reads this!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
People stopping in stupid places, starting off without checking up hill, out of control numptys that hit you and walk over your skis with theirs in lift queue.....the list could be a lot longer but i'm too lazy to list them all Razz
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm on holiday. I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Skiing rocks!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
michaelbury17, +1 Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

And mud and grass and bumps and powder and slush - it is all good.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
queen bodecia wrote:

The voice of reason Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
queen bodecia wrote:

This. Skiing tends to have a knack of chilling me out. My only peeve these days is only being able to ski one week a year, I miss life as a seasonaire.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sat on a minibus outside a chalet, waiting for two airheads, for 25 minutes, whilst they stood on their balcony, chatting, admiring the view and taking selfies.

We sat in the bus and watched, not knowing that these were the two we were waiting for.... Bus driver had no idea either.

We were all so cross when they finally came down, and expected us to help them put the bags in the back of the bus. Evil or Very Mad

And yes - stopping in the middle of the piste, usually over the brow.

And not filling the lift. Though this is less of a problem as we don't go in term holidays any more. Very Happy

And smoking on the lifts. For two reasons. 1, dropping the ends on to the snow below, and 2, the stench drifts back to the following chair (usually mine) for the duration of the cigarette or the lift.

And hanging around the exit of the lift, deciding whether to go left or right, blocking those who know where they are heading.

Apart from that though, not much. I love the crisp, fresh air, the scenery, the blue skies, the mountain food, the people (most of them), the apres and the excitement of a new resort or piste.

Just a shame my skiing's so rubbish!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
People who write garbage like this.
halfhand wrote:
kieranm, Swissie, So it really hurts to get the next chair or the one after. Get over yourselves rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Like the other day when 2 people got on a 6 seater, with a massive queue......yes it does, its bloody selfish.

resorts which have "massive queues" even in low season. Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Did I say it was the fault of the 2 people...obviously its the ones that follow..
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
narc wrote:
dode wrote:
narc, everyone is entitled to ski at whatever speed they choose, following whatever line they desire.... Surely it is the onus of the more advanced skier to recognise a beginner and allow them a safe passage.
My pet hate is 3pm drunks thinking they are Archie.

Just like cyclists have the right to ride two abreast on A roads, that doesn't make it a good idea nor a safe thing to do. No one can have a 180deg field of (sharp) vision.

You don't need a 180 degree field of vision.

If the people traversing slowly all the way across the piste are in danger from you, then it is YOU who is skiing badly. End of.
latest report
Shocked pam w, Well yes at the time it was a very big queue, it was a Saturday and we have a lot of weekend skiers here.
snow report
Swissie, I gather that's the case (weekend skiers) with some of the Italian resorts too - well, as long as there are no lift queues during the week, that's OK. wink
snow conditions
Ski iers tend to stop at the edge of a steep, I noticed this years ago, borders will sit, so you can come over the ledge and hit them, twice this year I almost did, but I can turn fairly fast. I did say it to them if they need to rest to go to the side of a run. I am teaching my children to ski so told them if they see a group of people on a slope standing and looking down to ski past them then look up to see what their problem is. It works because by then the ledge has been passed and they are skiing what the numptys in the middle of the slope are worrying about.
latest report
I have to agree with the poster who said that two slow ski iers on a road where poling is needed, doing it side by side is most annoying. If you get enough speed up and then have to stop because of gombeens like that it is fusterating. I just do a ching ching with my poles though to let them know I am coming and passing. If there are no guard rails like in Garmisch you always hope that they will indeed move because it is a very long way down that cliff.
snow conditions
biddpyat, that was me. Gombeens is a great word.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 3-02-14 14:52; edited 1 time in total
latest report
My glasses Evil or Very Mad fogging up little barstewards!!
Cannot wait till my next student loan = contact lenses!! But it's very expensive cos my eyes keep changing!
ski holidays
crazy_skier_jules, wearing specs is a bug many don't recognise. My OH is very unsympathetic.
ski holidays
Nothing annoyed me at all as I skied today.
ski holidays
It's a bit annoying when there's far too much snow and all the lifts are closed for days and days and you are told not to go for a walk because of the avalanche risk.............................
latest report
crazy_skier_jules, contracts aren't for everyone but might be worth looking at for contacts. Things are quite flexible and you get discount on your glasses and free eye exams.
I agree though that it's an expensive business Sad
Mine's with Vision Express though am sure they all do them.
snow report
kieranm, How about when it's no more than 8 ppl in the queue, you get in a 6-men gondola with a friend looking forward to a nice relaxing ride up with a chat, and as you are about to depart there is family of 4 jumping in from the back of a queue so now you are riding up in a packed gondola and have to listen to their conversation and they save themselves a precious 2 minutes?
snow conditions
Parisians in snow without snow tyres...
snow report
under a new name wrote:

And Belgians too.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Saw most of the above in the last two weeks, although our party all thought there were noticeably less snowboarders?

On the whole the most annoying of things were Eastern Europeans and Russians in particular, leading perpetrators of all of the above and then some rolling eyes Mad
snow report
people who reffer to others as "punters"
people who use the phrase "pow"
latest report
The queue thing. When there are dozens, if not hundreds, of people waiting to get up the mountain, forego that idle chat with your pals, do everyone a favour and just fill up the lift please. Then we'll all get more time skiing which, when it comes down to it, is what we're all there for (well, most of us).
snow conditions
Quote:

kieranm, How about when it's no more than 8 ppl in the queue,

That's not a proper queue! When I were a lad...
ski holidays
narc wrote:
People traversing across the entire slope at walking pace meaning they are a danger to themselves and everyone else. If you can't turn go back to the green run.

Attitudes like this are what I hate most.
ski holidays
never summer wrote:
kieranm, How about when it's no more than 8 ppl in the queue, you get in a 6-men gondola with a friend looking forward to a nice relaxing ride up with a chat, and as you are about to depart there is family of 4 jumping in from the back of a queue so now you are riding up in a packed gondola and have to listen to their conversation and they save themselves a precious 2 minutes?

This calls for a Peter Sellers in the elevator moment (those of a certain age group who have seen It'll be alright on the night out takes will understand this). It will make them hold their breath so they can't talk and they will wish they had waited for the next car. You meanwhile can just laugh at their expense Razz
snow report
People who ski far too fast down the middle of a bottleneck type run, buzzing everyone on the way past. Yes, well done, you can ski really fast but you've knocked over 3 children on your way down.

The idiot that hit my daughter in the face with his ski pole and cut her lip and then didn't even stop to apologise got me quite riled though, I may have expressed it in some fruity Anglo-Saxon.

Otherwise very little bothers me. I'm on holiday, there's snow and sometimes sun and I can justify overeating as I'm doing some exercise wink
snow report
sarah wrote:
under a new name wrote:

And Belgians too.

And Dutch.

And Brits.
snow report
Oh, yeah. people excessively swinging their poles. Seriously?? It mostly comic and people doing this look more like clowns than slalom racers but I understand it can also be quite dangerous when slopes are busy.
snow report
The St Martin 2 Chairlift
latest report
Ski instructors leading scores of school kids from the extreme edge of a narrow piste to the other extreme edge. When the snake is so long and the kids so close together that there is absolutely no way of getting past.

Selfishly I prefer slower skiers to stop in the middle of the piste so I can use a narrower line down the better snow at the sides.
ski holidays
TheGeneralist wrote:
People who write garbage like this.
halfhand wrote:
kieranm, Swissie, So it really hurts to get the next chair or the one after. Get over yourselves rolling eyes

Knob Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy