Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

so what is your pet peeve,

Poster: A snowHead
Or something that annoys the blooming daylights out of ya?
I get most upset at folks stopping in the middle of a slope, boarders are the worst, but folks that ski seem to have forgotten the code recently. If you have a problem move to the edge of the slope, do not sit in the middle, some of us will take a ledge jump and fine you feckers sitting there, It is very upsetting.
My second pet peeve are those that refuse to learn the basics so assume that ski ing fast is the idea, no that is not the idea, you ski In CONTROL if you are fast and in control now problem, but if not, get the feck back to learner please. I have seen people taken out by these idiots , You may not ski fast, until you can stop on a request or turn in a flash,,,,,, until you can do that , forget speed. You can speed when you can actually ski.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
People traversing across the entire slope at walking pace meaning they are a danger to themselves and everyone else. If you can't turn go back to the green run.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
People who stop and congregate at choke points and bottle necks, and those who pole the flats side by side, blocking those who have enough speed
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I get most upset at folks stopping in the middle of a slope, boarders are the worst, but folks that ski seem to have forgotten the code recently.

Agreed although I'm not sure boarders are any worse than some skiers.

But what I think is even more dangerous is these same people just starting off again without so much as a glance uphill
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
narc, everyone is entitled to ski at whatever speed they choose, following whatever line they desire.... Surely it is the onus of the more advanced skier to recognise a beginner and allow them a safe passage.
My pet hate is 3pm drunks thinking they are Archie.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
all of the above Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Feckin punters walking with their skis (like cocks) crossing across from the pavement into the road because they're worried about falling over in their ski boots into the road when you're trying to drive up the hill in conditions when you don't want to stop - please take note all you potential idiots!

And trust me on this, was ranting to a mate who did fourteen years of transfers and we all agreed this was one of the most annoying facts, apart from cocks carrying their skis a la punters Smile

Rant over :roll

Sorry drunk in charge of a keyboard as well Smile

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 2-02-14 0:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dode wrote:
narc, everyone is entitled to ski at whatever speed they choose, following whatever line they desire.... Surely it is the onus of the more advanced skier to recognise a beginner and allow them a safe passage.
My pet hate is 3pm drunks thinking they are Archie.

Just like cyclists have the right to ride two abreast on A roads, that doesn't make it a good idea nor a safe thing to do. No one can have a 180deg field of (sharp) vision.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
True, but if they are going at walking pace then they are easier to miss than hit
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My peeve is with fellow skiiers who complain about the conditions, too cold, too foggy, too much snow, not enough snow, it's a mountain in winter, sh#t happens, get over it. (reiterate Weathercam, also too far down a wine bottle to have any thought or finger control)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Standard. We're Brits. Complaining about the weather is a national pastime, we can't stop just because we're on holiday.

What, snow? Brrr, too bloody cold.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
narc wrote:
People traversing across the entire slope at walking pace meaning they are a danger to themselves and everyone else. If you can't turn go back to the green run.

Poor you. Have you considered buying yourself a private resort?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anything less than 20cms fresh.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Anything less than 20cms fresh

endless quantities of fresh and not a single lift running for days.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, Laughing But good luck with that - any idea when?
snow report
pam w, I can live with that; closed resorts are the best! My favourite time to ski is before/after the lifts close/open for the season - no powder stress or competition, and no wondering if some fool will drop in above you. Just need to earn your turns wink
ski holidays
pam w, saying that, my gf has been snowed in Austria's Lesachtal (Kärnten) for four days now, so she might agree with you! 150cms in the first 30 hours, and it still hasn't stopped snowing... I'm looking forward to getting back to jApowSTRIA now!
latest report
The word "pow", the use of which by Brits being the skiing equivalent of dad-dancing.
snow conditions
People filming themselves all the time, especially those with a camera on the end of a pole (generally snowboarders). Are these people really that sad that they sit down at the end of a days skiing and watch the whole days skiing ??? Really don't get it !
snow report
dode, this is not entirely true, everyone is responsible to adapt their speed according to conditions (including traffic) and to ski in control. That also applies to beginners. There is no entitlement to skiing at whatever speed one chooses since the slopes are shared and other users should be taken into account.
ski holidays
A queue for a lift and people still not filling every chair.
snow conditions
I was trying to point out that you shouldn't be chastised for skiing slowly...
Nice signature wink
ski holidays
Freeriders on pistes: I'm sure most freeriders are well-behaved on piste, but this year I seem to have been dogged by obviously off-piste types who act like hooligans on groomed pistes, who seem to completely ignore the presence of learners and intermediates and ski far too fast for crowded Weekend slopes; pass within inches of anyone slower; barge in at gates; and on narrow pistes weave their way through everyone just to gain a few seconds. I appreciate it must be frustrating to be on piste if you're a very good off-piste skier, but they can't seem to adjust to sharing with other people.
snow report
msej449, agree - I am noticing more and more pseudo freeride types who don't look particularly competent on piste let alone off piste. All the gear no idea - I think the scandies are the worst offenders although I would like to add some of them are very good - even better than me Toofy Grin
snow report
Whinging.
snow conditions
people who ride over my snowboard in the lift line - thats "always skiers" wink

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 2-02-14 14:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
People who don't give the Down hill skier the right of way - No one has eyes in the back of their head!
snow report
Resorts that don't give their pistes names only numbers. I don't remember numbers very well.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm noticing this phenomenon of people standing in the middle of the piste more and more recently. In Austria it seems worse than any other country but that is just my experience. Both boarders and skiers are equally as bad (though boarders almost always sit which can be dangerous). Saying that when you tell a group of boarders not to sit there they generally apologise and move away but skiers look at me like scum and ignore me. Language barrier perhaps or sheer arrogance, I can't tell.
ski holidays
kieranm, +1
ski holidays
kieranm, Swissie, So it really hurts to get the next chair or the one after. Get over yourselves rolling eyes
snow conditions
picnic64, I guess I am that sad. Agree its not for everyone, but we had a group of 16 and 3 GoPro's between us in Jan this year, with the reviewing of the footage in the evening being something everyone looked forward to. Yes there are hours or mundane rubbish, but you usually get an idea as you are filming which bits they are and can scroll through quickly. From a days skiing, I would usually have about an hours footage, which you can get through in a bout 20 mins if you know where to fast forward. However, when you discover you have got clips like the one below, it can take 20 mins for everyone to stop laughing! Obviously knowing the people involved makes these clips much more entertaining, and I agree that other peoples footage is not nearly as enjoyable, unless they are really good at it!

http://youtube.com/v/tP15Va-qkOo

kieranm, +2 from me. In fact, general inefficiency anywhere!
latest report
halfhand, I've got some sympathy with Swissie, & kieranm, If there is a long queue for a big lift with lots of chairs and the trip will take say 5-10mins why do groups insist on all sitting together to the extent that they will hang back and not fill every seat that is available. After all you will be back with your groups of mates at the top and so you have to chat to someone different for 5 mins? Well, surely people aren't that antisocial that they can't do so are they?. So you have waited in a queue for 10 mins + and then you have a tot up of the chairs en route and see that there is only about 50% of the seats filled - if every seat was filled it would have been half that time. If you have a large number of busy lifts then it is a lot of time waiting around that needn't have been the case, and the whole time you are in the queue you have the potential for people mangling your equipment by treading over the ends of planks and boards.

As a group of four we do not hesitate to split up when there are chair to fill, since the time the children have been old enough to cope with a chair themselves they have taken odd seats when necessary. It does make me slightly annoyed when other groups are not prepared to split up when we make the concession ourselves. I'd love to know what makes it so important to all sit together.
ski holidays
Quote:

People filming themselves all the time, especially those with a camera on the end of a pole (generally snowboarders).

I was nearly wiped out by a useless skier with a camera on his pole last week. I hope he enjoyed reviewing the footage that evening of me skiing down behind him making friendly hand gestures.

I agree with those who get annoyed by people not filling chairs when there are loads of people waiting.
snow conditions
swiftoid, I blame Graham Bell wink
snow conditions
Megamum, in Sweden me and the OH have often been asked to go seperately and take a very little person up T-bars with us to help out a ski school or very busy parent. It's a heck of a responsibility but nice to be trusted. I'm sure the guy with the stupid child locating device thing would be tearing his hair out at the thought.
ski holidays
picnic64 wrote:
People filming themselves all the time, especially those with a camera on the end of a pole (generally snowboarders). Are these people really that sad that they sit down at the end of a days skiing and watch the whole days skiing ??? Really don't get it !

Yep, that's beginning to really b**ls me off. In January I was trying to get past a slow snowboarder on a track, he with a gopro on a pole, he wasn't concerned about anything else other than getting good footage, is this the future of snow sports?

Also really winds me up on mega busy lifts where people don't fill chairs, cool about it when it's quiet but when it's busy might mean the lift is running at only 50% - 60% of capacity.
ski holidays
halfhand, Like the other day when 2 people got on a 6 seater, with a massive queue......yes it does, its bloody selfish.
snow report
Swissie wrote:
halfhand, Like the other day when 2 people got on a 6 seater, with a massive queue......yes it does, its bloody selfish.

Hardly the fault of the 2 people on the lift that 4 others didn't get on with them?
ski holidays
Enda, agree, people often stay back, so not the fault of the people who do go forward onto the chair.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy