Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

so what is your pet peeve,

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I love funny hats, I don't have one, well I have a multi-coloured hat, but I would love a big daft hat. I like the helmet covers too, some of them are deadly funny.
Astrerix, I agree, I wish that I lived closer. I also hate it that when we do go for a weekend ski ing. ( after our actual ski week) we have to fib, because our work mates would consider it being toffie nosed ski ing several times a year..... that really gets my goat.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
biddpyat, where are you mate?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wouldn't be 4000 miles from the alps, but it feels like it, because it takes ages to get anywhere from where I live Sad , I am in the west of Ireland, where men are men and sheep are nervous. We never get any snow, and Scotland is the nearest ski resort, but it takes us ages to drive to Belfast to get the ferry, then ages to drive from larne, etc. It is almost as quick to drive ages to Dublin and fly to the alps, . Where as I wish I lived close enough to ski at the weekends. If we sneak away, we tell folks we are going to another part of Ireland, ( which doesn't raise eyebrows) but if we said we were flying off to Italy, etc then we get the comments, well isn't it well for some etc.... shouldn't have to validate a sport.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
biddpyat, I know the comments! Sounds like the west of Ireland is no different from where I grew up in Nottingham. I often mention that people could come along skiing if they didn't spend Lord knows how much a month on their flash car/other vice....And mention that I studied my butt off to get a good degree, PhD, professional qualifications and a good job.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am not sure being a house elf is all that.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Seeing as this sort of an official whinge thread I'm going to whinge about being sick on ski trips. After hardly ever getting sick while I'm at work and having hundreds of hours of sick leave sickness seems to strike me on ski holidays.

Not only are they the kind of holidays where a certain level of physical exertion is required, the cold air in the mountains doesn't help if you've been coughing your lungs up all week.

Today was meant to be my last ski day but due to feeling somewhat wobbly on skis and the crowds that have descended on Arabba today I decided to call it a day after just one run. To be honest I was an accident waiting to happen.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Filthyphil30k, Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i ski like i drive, always expecting others to do what they shouldn't. as with driving, you can develop a sense of just who is about to do the idiotic.

on busy pistes, skiing is as much about watching those around you as it is about your own skiing. so if it is a busy piste, i will automatically head for the powdery edge whilst most other folk will congregate down the scraped middle. i can then work on my technique in relative peace with the knowledge that if anything untoward is likely to happen, it'll be straight ahead or to one side.

mind you, on a quiet, cruisy piste with good visibility i will carve as fast as reasonably possible!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
People who get bored in the queues and start messing around with their/each other's skis and poles Mad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ha ha at filthyphil, poor dobby, give him a ski glove. ( her?) .
It is good to have a whinge , it clears the air.
I try to avoid the busy ski areas now if I can. I am bringing our little girls skiing now, and at 9 and 7 they are doing very well, they are only ski ing twice but we put in a lot of hours , and they progress so well on slopes with hardly anyone on them. Our nine year old did a part of the Kandahar in Garmish, this is a good black run used in the world championships, so not a run for the fain hearted. She did very well, came down the slope following her dad, doing nice turns anyone would thinks he was skiing for years. However later that day we went to a different resort, ( lermoos) and we went to the top of the mountain and were going to come down a nice blue run, something easy to enjoy. Well there was so many people just running into her, and zooming past her at high speed, then crashing into the edge, or falling, she got frightened and nearly couldn't continue. I even find crowded pistes where there are a lot of people who assume they can ski, they can ski but they can't turn or stop, rolling eyes make ski ing harder, . This is why I avoid the POPULAR resorts. Andorra is one of the worst, I saw more mountain ambulances there than anywhere else.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
biddpyat, it's a sock, OK. Not a glove Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yea but in this case we can give you a ski sock and set you free, be free from your house duties.
Oh pinball, you reminded me of another pet peeve I have. ( next dog I get I am calling him peeve) when people are behind you in a que, and they keep just pushing their skis up beside you in a tiny space, and keep pushing and pushing, grrrrrrr. then after the big push to get in the stand to the side to wait for their friends to get on a lift, grrrrr. Laughing.
Raven, yours would drive me nuts, aaaargh getting sick while on a ski trip , just not fair.
Oh though I remember once getting a bad tummy at the top of a mountain, I swear I skied down at the speed of light to get to a proper loo, . I now always have a packet of arrett in my ski jacket, lol, the horror of trying to ski and clench butt cheeks , I am sure I looked hilarious, weird but hilarious.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy