Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Childcare facilities in the French alps

Poster: A snowHead
I am currently looking for companies and hotels that have Childcare facilities like a nursery, crèche or kids club. I would ideally like them in les deux alpes, alp d'heuz, meribel, courchevel, Morzine, les gets or any other French resorts.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Esprit are the main big player for family holidays with childcare
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tdaulphi, there is also http://www.snowangelnannies.co.uk/ who operate in some of the resorts you mention. All resorts will have creches too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
chocksaway wrote:
Esprit are the main big player for family holidays with childcare

+1

Also Mark Warner have places with them as well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've not been to a Club Med resort but I believe they have that kind of thing too.

And of course the local ESF will generally have a club for 2 - 3 year old with a bit of playing outdoors in the snow but warm indoor space too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
For childcare I cannot fault Esprit. Kids love it. If the kids are happy, we ski happy. Esprit offer chalet hotels and also chalets. I personally prefer the chalet. The kids are in the bedroom safe and sound next door to your social area. You did not need a listening service etc. However, others save hotels with listening services are great.

If you are travelling outside of main school holiday weeks they have some good deals. If not get your wallet out.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tdaulphi, if you are looking to go out this weekend Esprit have a load of offers up

http://www.espritski.com/offers/

around £999 for a family of 4.

IF only my eldest wasn't in school Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NickyJ, that's a great price. Esprit are probably suffering from the stricter policy on taking kids out of school - their model might need some re-thinking.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, could be but could also be due to it being a low season week and the start of the season being a bit of a shakey start on the snow front.

This could a HUGE generalisation but it could be that the sort of parents who take their kids skiing are the some ones which worry about doing things which was "unauthorised" and "against policy".

I have booked next season and this season in school holidays but had intended on doing that if I could anyway (before the rules change).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
NickyJ, If only my wife did not teach and I could take kids our of school I would be about £3-4k better off every year! Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike-H, you need to get her to change to a private school or just do supply teaching Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mike-H wrote:
NickyJ, If only my wife did not teach and I could take kids our of school I would be about £3-4k better off every year! Smile

Same problem here.....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
another + loads for Esprit

been with them loads of times - Chalets & Chalet hotels - childcare always first rate

just got back from Belle Plagne - les deux domaines which is a big hotel

Listening service involved having 4 staff on each floor ( one by each exit or lift) - every night on 5 floors to ensure that the kids were safe and sound
on one night there were only 2-3 kids on each floor in the rooms - and they still had then covered off.

last year in saa fee was also as well covered

by the way - has anyone noticed thet the new policy for taking out of school discrimiates against those who prefer active holidays in cold countries VS sleeping by a hot pool all day Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NickyJ, Errrrrr. I may not bring that up.
gazza2, Summer, winter, both holidays cost more if you have children. And its surprising how few free kids places there are during school time.

Oh well. kids are 3 and 5 so another 15 years and they can sort there own holidays out. At which point I will ski alone or the wife will need a change of career as suggested. Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was thinking it discriminates in terms of there are more weeks off school than during the winter months

it would probably be more effective to balance it better, and then arrange for say an extra week during the statistically most likely week for snow in the UK
then most years when it snows - and the schools have to shut they will already be closed because its a holiday, and we can all go skiing !!
latest report
Ski-magic, La Tania. Childcare inclusive and would still be a bargain even if it wasn't. We've used them twice. Fantastic.
snow conditions
Tdaulphi, most French resorts have resort creches of one form or another. For example in Arc 1600 there is a kids creche at the Cachette hotel. You do not have to be a resident in the hotel to use it.

Just check the resort's (usually useless) web sites to find the details.
snow report
As johnE, mentions most resorts will have a creche, usually linked to the ski school. We have heard very good reports about the one in Champagny from Guests of ours.
latest report
Can anyone recommend or have you used the ESF Piou Piou creche in Les Menuires (for little one's). Have our 8 month old booked in with them for 3 hours per day & can't find any reviews about them.
latest report
Tdaulphi, we have used Crystal since our son was 20 months old, have been great from crèche to Wizz Kids. They have reduced their resorts though, so this year were trying Esprit during term time with the school head approval, we did get the approval before the summer hols though, not sure on next season Shocked
ski holidays
geoffknight, if your experience is anything like ours, I Am sure you will have a great time, when are you going and where are you going?

I am have been with Esprit to Courchevel & Belle Plagne and we are booked with them for St Anton for next season
ski holidays
NickyJ, thanks, were going to Obergurgl on the 2nd Feb, tried to get to Alpe Du Huez as first choice but there were no flights left from Manchester. They are pricey but from all the feedback I've seen on SH the kids care side of things is brilliant, my mantra on a skiing holiday is if Mini me is happy, then so will I Very Happy
snow report
geoffknight, +1 to that. How old is your mini me? First time we did Esprit my eldest was 4 she loved it so much she was demanding to go to snow club from about 7:30 in the morning. Then on the staffs night off we decided to pick her up early to go on out, you should have seen the tantrum "I don't want to go with you, I want to stay with my friends".
ski holidays
If you are not fixed on France try the kinderhotel chain in Austria, fantastic facilities for kids and the childcare is all in. We went last year and are going back to the same hotel this year.
snow report
We've booked with Esprit to La Rosiere. Not used them before but we've had persoanl recommendations for boththe comapny and resort.
School wise the Head sympathised, but explained that family weddings/funerals were the only reasons for Authorised absence. We may be fined. But its probably still way cheaper and as our little one is in reception I think the opportunity to learn to ski outweighgs the fine.
We'll take books and writing materials for downtime.
snow conditions
lo-ridah, Which Chalet you staying in? My eldest is in reception and she learnt to ski in La Ros this year. If you book the tuition with Esprit the Evolution 2 guys were great. On the last day they took her down a blue from the top (OK it was the easy run for the most part, but I was very proud)
latest report
Tons of options, ranging from very expensive to fairly reasonable. In no particular order the ones I know of not mentioned already are: Family Friendly (La Tania), Family Ski Co (PDS, Paradiski, 3Vs), Ski Famille (similar), Snowbizz (Puy St Vincent), Ski Hillwood (Zauchensee, AT), Chilly Powder (PDS). Sure there are plenty others. Went with Family Friendly earlier this year: Great staff, great food, good bar, tiny bedroom, good value!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy