Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TEN YEARS OF SNOWHEADS [born 5 Feb 2004]. What does it all mean?

Poster: A snowHead
andy wrote:
Confused.
Is this the "Snowheads is nearly 10" thread, or the "SCGB kind of screwed up 10 years ago" thread? Puzzled

I don't think you can celebrate the birth of the child without considering the birth of the mother.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
andy, it's the "CG is having himself a little power trip as he knows something most of the rest of us don't" thread and he wants to ensure we all know that. But he wouldn't be so vulgar as to just say, in sing song stylee "I know something you don't know" so he dresses it all up like its a thread about SH's birthday. Simples.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well the other thread seems to me the be the better place for stuff about mummy saying it's OK you can come back home to visit again. Since that's exactly how the thread started.

When I raise my glass of prosecco in 3 weeks time, it will be for 10 years of sH, not 10 years since another club/forum took a decision.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Awww Shimmy Alcott, let him have his fun Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
halfhand, ok, ok, ok
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Comedy Goldsmith, please please please tell me what you know, don't keep us all in suspense, the anticipation is nearly killing me
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe he is joining a very small select club, the Snowheads banned list.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shimmy Alcott, I seriously doubt it will be anything of any relevance to any of us

Only thing I'd be interested in, is if Admin has floated SH on the stock exchange and all SHs (Super/Mega!) get £1m each
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I genuinely don't want to burn bridges here. If my information is correct (it came from two sources) ... the rendezvous occurred in Pall Mall a few hours ago. Fortunately that street doesn't have any bridges on it, so we should be OK.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Comedy Goldsmith, naughty. As said earlier. Not big, not clever. Resist those journo instincts just for once, eh?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And instead focus on the "celebration" of sHs as it was and as it is. Now. snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Somebody buying a Sunseeker? booking a flight on the Virgin space hopper? or maybe just some cigars? all possible on Pall Mall.

Or maybe a nice lunch.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cacciatore, I accept the slap but would assert that this is legitimate reporting. The test of that is how it goes down.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's only actually reporting if you report something

At the moment this is like the live reporting of any big news story - lots of reporters standing around saying bog all but desperately trying to fill time
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Comedy Goldsmith, I have no argument with the legitimacy. That's not the point, IMHO. If indeed I am barking (quite possibly...before anyone else gets in wink ) up the right tree, then I would respectfully ask that you exercise some restraint, at least for the time being Smile
snow report
I have just come off the phone from a party present at the meeting in Pall Mall. I won't quote directly - the gist of the message was to confirm that a meeting took place today between (and here I do quote) "the two largest ski clubs in the UK" - but the source particularly wished to express a feeling of positivity about the conversation that took place.

I'd stress that this is from one party/source only (i.e. one of the clubs concerned) and not the other.
ski holidays
So, are snowheads taking over the Ski Club then?

Not sure that's a good idea at all.

snowHead
ski holidays
Vince Vole is marrying Nora Native ?
snow conditions
This isn't a club though, so nowt to do with snowHeads.
snow conditions
I liked this thread at the start, it's got dead boring now.
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith, I hope this isn't the beginning of another Chocolate Button, my Uncles a Barrister saga Skullie
ski holidays
The Flying Gooseberry wrote:
I liked this thread at the start, it's got dead boring now.

+1
ski holidays
I imagine an official entente cordial between snowHead and SCGB involving official endorsements and logo linkies on respective homepages. Laughing But I could be way off. OTOH admin has successfully renegotiated CGs reintegration as a member of the SCGB wink
snow conditions
Quote:

OTOH admin has successfully renegotiated CGs reintegration as a member of the SCGB

well, that would be nice wink
ski holidays
Don't mind if it is Lime cordial and it has vodka in
latest report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
andy, it's the "CG is having himself a little power trip as he knows something most of the rest of us don't" thread

He's done that before hasn't he. Breathlessly semi-announcing something that his best mate knew about on a super secret subscription only ski news service, dropping little tidbits of information with a 'oh no what have I done, shush!' veneer to it all.

When it turns out it was just a completely public bit of information regarding a new snow dome being built. A story which I had been talking about, right here on snowHeads, since TWO YEARS prior, without being a dick about it. Much.

What a clown. Not a cool scary clown with knives for shoes and a circus full of dinosaurs. A "parpy bum-clown".

So this is probably just a revelation of nothing at all. Zero shits will be given, I'd wager.
ski holidays
Is it that the SKGB is being taken over by BASKI ?

http://www.baski.org.uk/
snow report
Quote:

Zero shits will be given, I'd wager.

prunes can help there Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh feck it, did you have to remind me that I've spent 10 years of my life on here becoming the highest poster after Robo-Admin ???? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
Hells Bells, Laughing
snow report
Hells Bells wrote:
Oh feck it, did you have to remind me that I've spent 10 years of my life on here becoming the highest poster after Robo-Admin ???? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

nah! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Hells Bells wrote:

nah! Laughing Laughing Laughing
wink
ski holidays
Laughing
ski holidays
Well I flounceod off from SCGB due to poisonous posting from a 'rep' here and there so I hope there isn't any sort of amalgamation Toofy Grin
ski holidays
marmotte16 wrote:
Well I flounceod off from SCGB due to poisonous posting from a 'rep' here and there so I hope there isn't any sort of amalgamation Toofy Grin

Shocked OH GOOD GOD NO! I can just about cope with you mob of polers, but not that pack of Charles Hawtrey impersonators!
snow conditions
Richard_Sideways, Laughing Laughing That conjures up an image ....

On a serious note lets hope something happens to drag this into 2014 with Twitter, instagram, facebook links etc
ski holidays
Carry On Clubbing
ski holidays

The Pall Mall Summit: so who was there?

As reported yesterday, the MCs of "the UK's two largest ski clubs" met yesterday in Pall Mall: Frank McCusker, chief executive of the Ski Club of Great Britain, and Graham MacMahon, admin/webmaster of snowHeads.

McCusker took over day-to-day control of the SCGB in July 2012, inheriting a social media situation defined 8+ years earlier. MacMahon was originally a participant on the pre-2004 SCGB Forum (using the 'u brain' moniker), who set up snowHeads within hours of the SCGB pulling the plug.

What did the two Macs bring to the table (at the Institute of Directors) and what did they discuss? That's for them to reveal (or not) in due course - I don't know.

And what - from their respective backgrounds - made the meeting worthwhile and goal-focused? Perhaps there will be developments. We shall see.

The only other thing I know is that at least one other person was present.

snow conditions
Are we going to see a Big Mac? One certainly looks a healthier option than the other...
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith,

How do we know that that pic on the left isn't Neil from The Young Ones on a Snowhead's hopper?

@ Admin - when will Snowheads logo underpants be available?

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 15-01-14 12:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy