Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TEN YEARS OF SNOWHEADS [born 5 Feb 2004]. What does it all mean?

Poster: A snowHead
The 10th anniversary of snowHeads is 17 days from today

[A statement of fact, rather than a commercial.]

Messages from SID (Society of Incessant Detractors)

Pedantica wrote:
... if you read the thread, you will see that I found its inception quite interesting. It's the build up to/account of the lunch that was boring and I see no reason not to comment on that fact ...

[Pedantica is not a SID member, BTW. She's great company!]
For writers, this is known as the 'narrative arc'. Maintaining a narrative arc (which conventionally requires a high point and resolution) is difficult when one does not know what the resolution will be. However, your literary criticism is noted.

Shimmy Alcott wrote:
... with DG/CG theres almost no escape ...

Ah, a captive readership. Every scribbler's dream.

Agenterre wrote:
... just another load of DG bollox ...

Goldenballs, if you don't mind.

Thornyhill wrote:
... it wasn't such an amazing scoop ...

Correct. It was a run-of-the-mill report of a Pall Mall Summit between two tea clubs, one of which is 110 years old and was (in its heyday from 1951) a comparable owner of a posh Belgravian building. The other tea cup operates from a flat in Camden, yards from the only London school (demolished to build the London & Birmingham Railway) to have educated Charles Dickens.

I contend that this was a historically significant report, at a notable location, of fascinating contrasts. If you don't get it, there's always Viz:

The Society of Incessant Detractors (SID) show two common traits ...

1. Maximum enthusiasm for reading the threads they most detract from.
2. Minimum contribution of new threads.

"Sid off" is my cordial Sunday message to SID.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 19-01-14 13:00; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WTF are you on?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Filthyphil30k wrote:
WTF are you on?
Well think he will be joining Stanton on my list of ignored (silly old) Snowheads soon!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
davkt, yes, seems so. I have not even ignored Stanton.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have now made up my mind about future SN bashes-Thank you am. I almost wasted my money
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
simonmj66, bashes are great fun, and most of the people arguing on here do not attend.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hells Bells, I agree, however....

Having seen on here (sH rather than just this thread) how vitriolic some people can be in their comments towards DG, I can't honestly say that I want to meet them. There's no need to get personal, if you don't like what someone posts then ignore them. It's the mature response.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Elizabeth B, agreed.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DG gets very personal about other posters - his accusations regarding Stoatsbrother (of the dead) and his working practices were particularly disgraceful IMO. DG is free to post whatever he wants, within the terms and conditions, and others have the right to reply.

I did actually sign up to the SCGB forum when someone on there said something along the lines of "hes better off dead" regarding Goldsmith - it was an awful thing to write and I let them know that.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shimmy Alcott, +1
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Shimmy Alcott, people have the right to reply, which is why the comments aren't moderated - but it doesn't mean that it makes that person look good, or come across as someone I'd like to spend a lot of time with. Just because someone acts in a certain way, doesn't necessarily make it right for 100 other people to treat them the way they may have acted.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Elizabeth B, considering all the accusations and insinuations DG comes out with I think he gets away with it lightly. Just my honest opinion.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Shimmy Alcott, quite possibly, it just doesn't make other people look good IMO.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B, I dread to think where DG would lead himself without some counter argument; not that he takes a whole lot of notice of the opinions of others
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Obviously admin did not give him an update on his lunch today.
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
I dread to think where DG would lead himself without some counter argument

Yes, we've heard the "counter arguments" so many times ...

http://youtube.com/v/h8Fyf4R-nzI

"Talk to the hand"
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:

Thornyhill wrote:
... it wasn't such an amazing scoop ...

Correct. It was a run-of-the-mill report of a Pall Mall Summit between......

erm - it wasn't a summit. It was lunch with a bit of 'this might be an idea.'.....or quite possibly just lunch.
latest report
laundryman wrote:
^ uncalled for, IMO. Sad

sH, or any other forum, would be a poorer place with everyone having the same outlook and predilections (other than a common interest in snow sports, obviously, in our case).

This!
latest report
And in keeping with boredsurfin....bump
latest report
Cacciatore, Laughing snowHead
ski holidays
Quote:

within the terms and conditions

Jesus Shimmy Alcott, don't go there Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
to get back to the thread title,

anyone still ski their bandit b2's?
ski holidays
Ten years of Snowheads.....means

Bashes....I attended the first one and have done about 10 in total.
Friends.....have gained loads of new friends even if some of them are from Liverpool or Yorkshire.
Weddings.....yep been to them too.
BBQs.....a few.

Happy days.
snow report
snowHead
snow report
hobbiteater wrote:
to get back to the thread title,

anyone still ski their bandit b2's?

Err, yes I am, I've had them since 2006 (they were a last years model considerably reduced).

I normally see others still skiing on them but it was the last day of the holdiay when I finally did see someone else skiing with some in Les Arcs a couple of weeks ago.

A final twist, I was in the boot room sorting them out when the ski hire bloke came to collect the rest of the chalets ski. He commented the people still ask to hire them after all this time and could easily find a buyer for a pair ... I didn't sell them as I need them again in a few weeks time but having said all that I'm seriously considering replacing them at the end of the season but really don;t know what with yet.
snow conditions
They were all that was talked about on here in the beginning, or so it seemed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy