Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Caught Speeding in Hire Car... :-(

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had the same thing a few years ago and paid the fine through a genuine concern at the time of awkwardness and possibly worse were I to return to Switzerland - which I anticipated doing and have since done frequently. As J9, says you can expect the hire car company to pass your details, including passport number to the police, and for CHF60 - my fine - I didn't think it worth the risk, imaginary or not.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stanton wrote:

What kind of dumbass question is that?? rolling eyes

These kind of legal procedures do not just dissapear!

Bit harsh mate... Was just a question... Not literally "Do I have to pay it?' more 'Will I be able to get away with not paying this?', due to me not living in that country... That was all !!!!!

And if you'd bothered to read up a couple of lines, you'd have seen I have paid... rolling eyes
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
2 winters ago i was caught 3 times in Switzerland by speed cameras with a hired Italian car. Never heard a thing. I think there is a big difference when you hired car is from another country.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had the same last year between Geneva and Annecy. Happily tootling along about 120kmh when some dummy in a big 4x4 shot past me and then slammed the anchors on right before a reduced speed limit sign. I tutted and overtook still doing my same, sane, speed and got done for abut 6kmh over the limit. Paid up though as it's not worth the potential hassle (as you've said you've already lost the, more galling, admin fee).

My biggest lesson from it is to observe speed limit reductions even on deserted stretches of motorway....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Coming from someone who works for a hire car company in the UK - I would pay up. If additional charges occur due to late payments etc, then this could case you a problem renting in the future. If it is a big chain then this could affect you having a courtesy car through an insurance deal in the UK also. 45 euros is not that bad. In relation to your administration charge, unfortunately that would have been outlined in the T+C's when you signed, albeit most likely in small print.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Got one in Switzerland a couple of years ago. I just paid up - not worth any potential hassle or hire car co. markup.

I got one from the States at about the same time, which I successfully disputed (for an equally trivial sum of money, it has to be said). That was actually for a violation at a toll barrier, rather than speeding.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AlpineAddict wrote:

Bit harsh mate... Was just a question... Not literally "Do I have to pay it?' more 'Will I be able to get away with not paying this?', due to me not living in that country... That was all !!!!!

You have admitted that you have been caugh doing something illegal.

Because you have commited the offence in another country your now hoping you will be entitled something like diplomatic immunity status.

I am afraid it does not work like that....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton, I hope AlpineAddict walks. dangly bits speeding tickets are exactly rape or murder
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Had the same last year between Geneva and Annecy. Happily tootling along about 120kmh

the limit along stretches of that road is 110kph - I drove it yesterday. And always if it rains, obviously.

AFAIK car hire companies can deduct money from your credit card whenever they fancy.

alpineaddict "Vers" means "towards", rather than "to", I think.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy