Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens / Trois Vallees

Poster: A snowHead
Conditions today: Runs to Mottaret this morning: excellent. Courchevel 1650/1850: excellent. Runs to Meribel this afternoon: Good cover with some ice and slush at low levels - nothing excessive. Belleville Valley (Les Menuires & VT) this afternoon: excellent, with little slush. Weather today mainly cloudy with occasional light snow and occasional white-outs at higher levels.

Plenty of fresh powder to be found off-piste for those that like it.

A good day out Very Happy .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alastair, Great to see you are back on planks - gently does it! Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
looks like a warm weekend on the way, with rain/snow, decent amount of precipitation but freezing limit at 3000m according to snow-forecast, do the locals concor Alastair????
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
gregh, I haven't seen any local forecasts for the weekend, but snow-forecast suggests temperatures dropping after Friday.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well that's not that good enough Alastair, get yourself to some bars and find out please Wink Laughing Shocked

Alastair wrote:
gregh, I haven't seen any local forecasts for the weekend, but snow-forecast suggests temperatures dropping after Friday.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thursday was a bit warmer, but this was limited by cloud so the snow remains in generally good condition. Very flat light. Sunshine and much higher temperatures expected for Friday.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And sunshine and much higher temperatures have duly arrived. Glorious day for skiing but snow turning decidedly slushy in places, esp. the lower parts of the Meribel valley which seemed to be a mixture of slush and ice this morning. Mont Vallon was excellent. Slopes in VT generally holding together pretty well, although turning soft in the afternoon. Runs off Peclet this afternoon great fun. Temperatures expected to drop slowly over the next few days, which is a good thing - snow expected above 2000m tomorrow.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Disgusting this morning - flat light, warm temperatures and rain. Snow falling to about 2500m with high winds at the top. Never got so wet while skiing before.

Temperature now dropping, with wet snow at resort level. Temperature needs to drop a bit further.

I imagine the lower areas of the 3Vs will be getting a lot of rain at the moment Sad .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
oh abomination! - All those with influence - GET that freezing level down to 1200m and PRAY for snow....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
BernardC, ask FTS to get dancing in his front garden again
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GFS runs for Geneva seem in agreement that temps will continue to drop until the 19th, then they appear to creep up again around the 21st with what looks like a chance of some precipitation.

Leaving tomorrow....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

rain.

Quote:

Never got so wet while skiing before.

Should I bring my brolly? Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Linds, don't I still have it after borrowing it last April Embarassed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Michelle, Yes you have rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Linds, Embarassed

can I use the excuse that...

ummmmmm.....

I haven't seen you since.... Little Angel
ski holidays
Michelle, No Laughing
latest report
Changable weather is very good...what we don't want is a high parked over the region...
snow conditions
Just got back from Meribel yesterday - just in time it seems. Getting slushy on Friday (first occassion we experienced during the week), icy Saturday morning (as you'd expect). Started chucking it down at lunch-time, didn't bother me though, made me feel not so bad for missing three hours of afternoon skiing in order to catch a flight!
ski holidays
A quick weather update; with interest possibly high I'm posting this in the usual place and the EOSB thread.

Been away for a few days and came back yesterday evening to find it was 17 degrees (C) in St Martin, 14 in Les Menuires and 5 in VT. A bit warm for 6pm.

This morning your reporter felt he ought to try to check out the three valleys for those who are interested. Central VT this morning was icy with a thin layer of slush on top. The run down from Mont de la Chambre was OK; Sitelle also OK but very slushy at the bottom. Mont Vallon looked good, although I didn't try it - I am told that it is indeed still in good condition. Creux in Courchevel pretty good. All runs seemed to be open down to 1650 - even Indiens which was closed much earlier than this last year. They've taken away two of the three wigwams, though. Lower slopes in 1650 slushy as you would expect, but in surprisingly good condition. 1850 as quiet as I've seen it; some bare patches in the centre. Run from Saulire down to Mottaret in reasonable condition at the top but very slushy indeed at the bottom. If you're tired on the way home from Courchevel then taking the lower section of the Pas du Lac gondola down will solve the problem. Goitschel and Plein Sud on the way back were both serviceable but slushy (spot the pattern?). I expect the best skiing in VT is probably up Peclet at the moment - I was going to check it out this pm but decided it was probably sensible to stop as I was getting tired - I'm still trying hard not to fall over!

Summary: warm sunny days mean slushy surface; cover generally very good on piste. Bring plenty of Factor 50, get up early Shocked and don't wear too many layers.

Everyone is expecting next week to be very quiet apart from 60 or so sad gits off the internet going on holiday together snowHead .
snow report
Alastair, do you know if the Grand Couloir is still open?
ski holidays
If it is I am going to predict that it is slushy!
latest report
Quote:

do you know if the Grand Couloir is still open?

it was last week, and is so high/comparatively quiet that it was in fantastic condition.
snow conditions
Kramer, it was closed when I went past today.
snow conditions
Quote:

Everyone is expecting next week to be very quiet apart from 60 or so sad gits off the internet going on holiday together .

Nice one Alastair, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Next week it will be like the Dam Busters on here. Eveyone sat around quietly twiddling thumbs, looking up into the silent skies wondering if it was a success and wondering how many will make it home.
snow report
Where is everybody...?
snow conditions
me watches tumbleweed roll past.

Update off the web site

Local weather forecast for April, Saturday 22nd

Sunny in the morning, becoming cloudy with cumulus clouds on peaks. Isolated showers may occur at the end of the afternoon.
Isotherm 0° : between 2300 et 2600 m
Isotherm -10° : near 4000 m

Outlook for April, Sunday 23rd

Cloudy (high clouds and cumulus clouds) with bright intervals. Isolated showers. Very mild and light winds.

185cm upper 45cm village. wow has the village took a hammering over the last 24hrs was at 125cm on Thursday.

It looks good on the webcam though.
ski holidays
Cold temps, cold temps...b0ll0cks to the sunshine... cold temps.. Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nick_C, snow depths currently quoted as 175cm upper, 120cm village, which makes more sense. Think the previous must have been a typo.
latest report
Had a great day there on Friday, litterally skied from Orelle - Courcheval and back (with a couple of detours) and a beer stop at the end in just under 4 hours. Conditions were pretty good for the time of year, only really slushy at the lower (village level) slopes.
Superb way to end the season's skiing (23 days in total)
Was supposed to ski on Sat, but couldn't rise to the challenge, and didn't want to spoil the memories
ski holidays
Just back...Grand Coloir shut either Thurs or Fri, I'm guessing due to high avalanche risk, looking at some of the slides on similiar aspect slopes.

Hot all last week, was skiing in a thin long sleeved T shirt and gillet.

V slushy and heavy by the end of each day, but still skiable if you can carry some speed and edge your skis.

great snow on M and also Mont Vallon.

More later...

Greg
snow conditions
A few inches of fresh snow above 2500m overnight, but warm temperatures means that you can hit heavy snow at just about any altitude. However, if you're lucky or clever there's nice snow available to find for most of the day. We had a great couple of runs down from the Peclet funitel this morning, with fresh tracks for most of the descent, and I got lucky with the snow in traversing across from the Col chairlift. All in all a wonderful day for so late in the season, and a great way for me to round off 2005/06 Smile
snow conditions
Saturday was like a typical April day - warm weather and snow that started hard and ended slushy. Val Thorens pistes in surprisingly good condition - very few rocks but a few icy patches. Tete Ronde good for a blast.

Thought I'd check out the other valleys - got to Mont Vallon where the pistes seemed to manage to be icy, rocky and slushy all at once. Not a very pleasant experience. Given that I thought Mont Vallon was likely to be the best skiing in that valley, I returned home. The 3Vs lift pass may have been a waste this week.

Yesterday was pretty dire visibility-wise. Today the temperature has fallen, but the pistes are unpleasantly icy - dangerous when crowded. More snow is very much needed simply to cover the ice. Still, less skiing means more time to catch up with friends.
latest report
Does anyone have any comments on who is a good group instructor at VT for next week? Puzzled
Have a friend going on saturday. I'm jealous.

Sad
snow conditions
Fresh snow has transformed the place - lovely soft snow on the pistes. Weather variable - spent the morning skiing in sunshine but there are a few more clouds coming in now, with more snow falling. Conditions really very good. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Pistes excellent in VT & Courchevel down to 1650, very good in Meribel with a little ice in places. Brigues down to Le Praz and Jerusalem (sob) closed. Blue skies, cold temperatures, no wind - a splendid day! The 3Vs pass wasn't wasted after all Very Happy .
latest report
Great news Alastair, we're coming out on 27th, staying in 1850. Just booked the lift passes and gone for 3V on the strength of the recent dump.
snow conditions
Cloudy to start with today, then sunny skies Very Happy . Pistes remaining in excellent condition - just a bit of ice down at the bottom of Tetras, which is VT's lowest slope and tends to be dodgy at the very bottom. More cloud this afternoon with light snow.

Last day in VT today - leave in the morning Sad . Tignes in the afternoon Very Happy .
snow conditions
Alastair, it's alright for some!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy