Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Throwback Thursday - First Skiing Holiday Ever!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Visiting my parents over Christmas I stumbled across an old photo album, I stumbled across pictures of my first ever skiing holiday and me on the baby slope...

and I thought why not inflict these on the unsuspecting Snowheads population! snowHead

Would be great to see other snowHead heads pictures of their first ever foray into skiing!

Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I will be heading into my parent's attic as soon as I get back there...I think there is a photo of me in Austria aged about 6 months...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've only skied for about 10 years and first proper trip was to Geilo in Norway 9 years ago

My daugher and me

Her skiing

Bit of an improvement on our last trip
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got some very early photos of the family skiing in scotland somewhere, but they would be useless on here as they all seem to be in a blizzard with us all in balaclavas.............. Embarassed
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nice.
I'm guessing pink was the "in" colour that year? Wink
honestly don't think I have any pics of my 1st trip. if I do, they're in a box *somewhere* within the EU. 5th trip I could probably do, since I think I had a top of the range 1.2megapixel camera by then.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great thread! will see what I can find in the old albums - seem to remember some awesome early 90's ski suits Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been posted before but can't resist repeating sharing the joy of my first skiing trip complete with 70s gear, leg leashes, and poles held in true Brit antenna-stylee!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/queen_bodecia/5542919516/in/set-72157626306582768
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lol. stops boarders and esf instructors coming too close Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I'm guessing pink was the "in" colour that year? Wink

Not really - this being the early 90s most other people were still in eyesore dayglo... wink

Great pictures!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is an old thread here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=65978 with a lot more of this kind so thing. Some pretty gruesome pictures there I can tell you.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just got me thinking. Before skiing the only sport I was good at was swimming. The school sports teachers used to do that shrug when they saw me coming. Got a bit of respect when I was asked to join the swim team and blitzed my opposition in a race.

Then I went on the school ski trip and it just clicked (probably helped playing street hockey in my spare time). Didn't ever have any abuse for not being able to kick a ball again!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great stuff Claude B! What a nice thread as well. I might have to try and find kodak photos from 1980!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy