Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Matter settled with Massif Soleil Transfers. Post deleted.

Poster: A snowHead
Every party is an idiot for insulting each other online and this is so entertaining.

Not impressed by the drivers' comments, purely from a customer service point of view, if I had posted in such detail and in such language about the bad customers I've had at Maplin, I'd be sacked on the spot - whether the customer actually was an a$$hole or not. Also, if you're going to complain, do it in proper English please.

Poor show from everyone imv.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
holidayloverxx wrote:
andy, linky?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=96945&highlight=chamexpress

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=96813&highlight=chamexpress

Unfortunately Simon2791 went through deleting all his comments - but you'll get the drift...

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 1-01-14 22:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Why do people think Mr Massif is French?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can't stand divvies that needlessly exaggerate in flowery language. Dave was transferring on a peak day and Massif snook in a cheeky one to maximise their profit. He had a valid complaint but achieved nothing by the manner of his complaint.

His judgement of posting what he has sums up the situation in my view.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, Perhaps because his command of English grammar and spelling is questionable?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Neither party to the correspondence demonstrates either good judgement or good English.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sj1608, I know plenty of foreign people who speak and write better "proper" English than English people. There is also dyslexia to consider, as well as just a lack of effort/education.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Neil Tuffty Davitt, you have been found guilty of the charges brought by this court, and it is now my duty to pass sentence. You are an habitual crybaby, who accepts tear duct infections as an occupational hazard, and presumably accepts boxes of frilly hankies for Xmas in the same casual manner. I therefore feel constrained to commit you to the maximum term allowed for these offences — you will be ripped on for 5 more pages.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
crazy_skier_jules, Yes, so do I. Which is why I get upset when English people don't bother. My sister is dyslexic, so I have a huge amount of sympathy for that as an issue, but this does not look like the work of a dyslexic from my experience.

But whatever, it's very entertaining on a rainy evening.......
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quality entertainment I imagine the op feels somewhat embarrassed by now.....and if not he really should be. Jumped up cry baby! And why was he enquiring of the driver about quantities of "tail" with his just wed wife in tow? Perhaps he thought a threes up would be better compensation for the change in booking?? NehNeh
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jirac18, or maybe he was attempting to pimp his wife out to recoup wedding losses
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am witholeksii, on this one. The transfer company have tried to maximise their profit by changing the OP`s booking at short notice. They could have appeased him by offering him a petty 20 euros more, but instead they, the owner and employee, have chosen to become Snowheads to challenge this. He can never have this honeymoon again, so it is not the same as a family with kids or anyone else, as it is, normally, a part of an event of a lifetime. ( although this kind of extra booking should not happen to anyone) Most firms are not lucky enough to chose their customers, and sometimes it is necessary to swallow your tongue ( even if you have a difficult customer) and put things right. I am self employed, so I understand that this happens. Someone has already felt strongly enough to post online about poor service from this company, and now a fellow Snowhead has done the same, on our forum. However you take the wee wee out of the OP, the real loser here is the taxi firm.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
To get the most out of this thread, admin should rename thedavman as thedavmano?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some things don't add up. The OP is capable of unleashing email mayhem yet claims he didn't pick up an email from 9 hours earlier. And... Avoriaz for a honeymoon? Strewth.

Anyway, more enjoyable snowHeads transfer gold.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cstreat wrote:
I am witholeksii, on this one. The transfer company have tried to maximise their profit by changing the OP`s booking at short notice.

and without his agreement.

That fact that the OP is a complete knob doesn't change the fact that he paid for a service which he didn't get. The company hoped they'd get away with it. When they clearly didn't they should have offered apologies, a decent amount back and some flowers for the new bride. They'd still have made a profit and would have kept/enhanced their reputation. The consequent correspondence here does them no favours either. Clueless! Absolutely clueless rolling eyes.
snow report
Please note that I did not actually use the words "wee wee" in my post. Never knew there was a auto correct very rude word function on here!!
snow report
Who would run a transfer company with customers like that??

its a 1.5hr transfer in a minibus- hardly a frickin heli transfer! I shared my honeymoon transfer with 15 people because IT IS JUST A HOLIDAY WITH A NEW NAME.
snow report
Nadenoodlee wrote:
IT IS JUST A HOLIDAY WITH A NEW NAME.

I don't think I have been on holiday with you Puzzled
snow report
under a new name, I suspect you would remember if you had been wink
snow report
cstreat wrote:
I am witholeksii, He can never have this honeymoon again, so it is not the same as a family with kids or anyone else, as it is, normally, a part of an event of a lifetime.

I reckon if davman carries on like this he has plenty of opportunity for more honeymoons in future and he'll be able to reminisce about this one for years as he's managed to invite a whole cyber forum of folks into bearing witness to his stupidity. If it were my event of a lifetime I would have avoided flouncing like a premenstrual teenager then mud slinging and concentrated more on having the time of a lifetime!
snow report
thedavman, get over it, move on and be content with all that sex you used had before you got married. Life is too short to get over excited by such stuff and you really need to concentrate on positive stuff and remove the negative stuff from your life.

You got picked up on time and transferred to the right spot. The fact the driver was inexperienced was just bad luck, but not really an issue. You went in all guns blazing with a confrontational approach and an overly aggressive stance. Were you trying to give the impression that you were a lawyer - Using words such as hereon?

Onward and upward
snow report
Upon reading this i noticed this post on Trip Advisor from a different complaint:

Massif Soleil Transfers ripped us off! We paid in advance for a private transfer from Geneva airport to Morzine on 3/2/13 with a return on 9/3/13. They never picked us up for either. On each occasion a Director, Jonathan Colin apologised and I have a voicemail message from him promising a full refund. He then sent only a partial refund. This is a scam. Don't use this company, they spoilt an otherwise enjoyable holiday.

With this response

Further to the review submitted by Anthony Fitzmaurice regarding the private transfer between Geneva airport and Morzine on the 31/3/13 and the 9/2/13 Massif Soleil Transfers (MST) would like to offer the following response:

The transfer on the 31/3/13 from Geneva airport was scheduled to be picked up from a 1520h flight arrival. As a general rule we allow ¾ hour from flight arrival time for clients to arrive at our meeting point in the arrivals hall. After ¾ hour it is company policy for the office to contact the clients via the number supplied on their booking form. At 1600h we tried to contact the client only to find that the phone was switched off. Continued attempts at contact had the same result.

At 1640h (1 hour 20mins after flight arrival time) the client contacted our office and complained that our office numbers did not work. This was the first time in the entire season that this allegation had been made and it has not been made since. Furthermore, due to it being a very busy day there had been many other phonecalls to the office numbers that had got through.

Due to our scheduling requirements our vans had had to move onto their next job and accusations that our driver was not outside our meeting point are completely unfounded as three drivers were standing there in full uniform.

The director of the company then sorted out another transfer with another company to get the client to their destination. MST paid this in full and 30 euros was refunded to the client for this leg due to the client having to go on a shared transfer rather than a private transfer as they had originally booked.

The return leg from Morzine to the airport on 9/2/13 was one of the busiest days of the season and a bottleneck in Taninges caused tailbacks of unprecedented length. In part this was due to sheer volume of traffic but also due to the police setting up roadblocks that only further compounded the delays. It was with huge regret that MST had to ring the client and inform that due to the gridlock – circumstances beyond our control - we would be unable to fulfil their transfer requirement. It was done in time so that the client could sort out a local taxi and make their flight. A full refund was given for this leg.

Whilst we understand that the client Anthony Fitzmaurice experienced a very difficult couple of days in getting to and from the airport and we totally accept that there was a huge amount of undue stress caused by not being able to pick them up to return them to the airport, we do feel that we did everything we could as a company to help them in their predicament. We also refunded them a full leg that we were unable to uphold and the difference on the leg where we sorted them out with a different transfer company. In this respect we feel that we have not “ripped off” the client.

Its a shame that such disagreements escalate to this level, i blame the internet for that.
But what should be learnt here is that MST should never change a customers booking without prior approval. I agree that in some situations there are factors out of their control and there will always be issues from time to time but never assume a customer would be happy just because they had previously looked at shared transfers.
If i had paid for a private transfer then that is what i would expect to receive, even if it means MST had to pay for a private taxi and send the family in the van, they should have contigincy plans for such events.

Would i kick off to this level? No, poo-poo happens and as long as my holiday wasn't delayed i would just crack on and accept a partial refund.

The trip advisor response is great but their methods on here are no so professional IMHO.

Would i use MST? yeah i think i would but i worry that some will now avoid as they were part of a wild internet discussion and MST have encouraged that.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 2-01-14 11:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
under a new name, I suspect you would remember if you had been wink
You'd have a hole in your liver and a faint recollection of falling off a table if you had.
snow conditions
I'm one of those who agrees with thedavman. He should have got a full refund for the difference in prices between the private and shared plus transfers. Then MST should have offered another 20 euros of their own account for the inconvenience even before an email was sent. That would have been good customer service. When it comes to the sexual content of the conversation this should have been dealt separately outwith this forum since if it happened it is unacceptable.
ski holidays
On first reading, sounds like a simple breach of contract on behalf of Massif. The sensible thing for Massif would simply been to offer a refund for the outward journey as a gesture of goodwill.

HOWEVER, all is not what it seems. Massif's Terms & Conditions state:

13. It is the responsibility of the Client to provide a full and valid mobile phone number for the Passenger(s), including the International Dialling Code. It is the responsibility of the Passenger to check for messages left on this contact number during the final 24 hours prior to their return journey. Resort to airport pick-up times can vary due to weather or high levels of traffic, etc. If it is not possible to supply a mobile contact number, it is the responsibility of the Client to provide a valid resort contact number. Any notification of changes to pick-up times will be notified by SMS text or by calling the contact number provided. If neither mobile contact number nor resort contact can be supplied, it is the responsibility of the Passenger(s) to contact their agent on the number provided on their Transport Voucher to confirm their resort pick-up time. Failure to check for messages or to contact your Agent if no contact has been supplied may cause you to miss your resort pick-up, in which case no refund is available. If you have supplied full and valid contact number and have received no message, your pick-up will be as confirmed on your Transport Voucher. This is applicable to all MST services.

and also:

19. If a Shared Transfer has been booked and the Passenger(s) is subject to delay, the driver will wait for up to 60 minutes from the Passenger(s)'s scheduled arrival time, after which the Passenger will be deemed to have missed their transfer.

So, on that basis, OP failed on his side of the agreement, and by the looks of it Massif has done more than it should (in terms of waiting time) to help out not just OP but other posters.

Note to all - read the Ts & Cs, it helps everyone and stops you ending up with egg on your face. I can see how the OP might have got very irritated and frustrated, and thus started posting the correspondence all over the place. However, it was a straightforward omission on his behalf that caused all this. If he'd have done as he agreed to (you accept the terms by making the booking) then he would have known in advance and could have just rented a car.

Still, by the sounds of it, he got there and back and lived to tell the tale, so no big deal.
snow conditions
Corduroy wrote:
Upon reading this i noticed this post on Trip Advisor:

Massif Soleil Transfers ripped us off! We paid in advance for a private transfer from Geneva airport to Morzine on 3/2/13 with a return on 9/3/13. They never picked us up for either. On each occasion a Director, Jonathan Colin apologised and I have a voicemail message from him promising a full refund. He then sent only a partial refund. This is a scam. Don't use this company, they spoilt an otherwise enjoyable holiday.

With this response

Further to the review submitted by Anthony Fitzmaurice regarding the private transfer between Geneva airport and Morzine on the 31/3/13 and the 9/2/13 Massif Soleil Transfers (MST) would like to offer the following response:

The transfer on the 31/3/13 from Geneva airport was scheduled to be picked up from a 1520h flight arrival. As a general rule we allow ¾ hour from flight arrival time for clients to arrive at our meeting point in the arrivals hall. After ¾ hour it is company policy for the office to contact the clients via the number supplied on their booking form. At 1600h we tried to contact the client only to find that the phone was switched off. Continued attempts at contact had the same result.

At 1640h (1 hour 20mins after flight arrival time) the client contacted our office and complained that our office numbers did not work. This was the first time in the entire season that this allegation had been made and it has not been made since. Furthermore, due to it being a very busy day there had been many other phonecalls to the office numbers that had got through.

Due to our scheduling requirements our vans had had to move onto their next job and accusations that our driver was not outside our meeting point are completely unfounded as three drivers were standing there in full uniform.

The director of the company then sorted out another transfer with another company to get the client to their destination. MST paid this in full and 30 euros was refunded to the client for this leg due to the client having to go on a shared transfer rather than a private transfer as they had originally booked.

The return leg from Morzine to the airport on 9/2/13 was one of the busiest days of the season and a bottleneck in Taninges caused tailbacks of unprecedented length. In part this was due to sheer volume of traffic but also due to the police setting up roadblocks that only further compounded the delays. It was with huge regret that MST had to ring the client and inform that due to the gridlock – circumstances beyond our control - we would be unable to fulfil their transfer requirement. It was done in time so that the client could sort out a local taxi and make their flight. A full refund was given for this leg.

Whilst we understand that the client Anthony Fitzmaurice experienced a very difficult couple of days in getting to and from the airport and we totally accept that there was a huge amount of undue stress caused by not being able to pick them up to return them to the airport, we do feel that we did everything we could as a company to help them in their predicament. We also refunded them a full leg that we were unable to uphold and the difference on the leg where we sorted them out with a different transfer company. In this respect we feel that we have not “ripped off” the client.

Its a shame that such disagreements escalate to this level, i blame the internet for that.
But what should be learnt here is that MST should never change a customers booking without prior approval. I agree that in some situations there are factors out of their control and there will always be issues from time to time but never assume a customer would be happy just because they had previously looked at shared transfers.
If i had paid for a private transfer then that is what i would expect to receive, even if it means MST had to pay for a private taxi and send the family in the van, they should have contigincy plans for such events.

Would i kick off to this level? No, poo-poo happens and as long as my holiday wasn't delayed i would just crack on and accept a partial refund.

The trip advisor response is great but their methods on here are no so professional IMHO.

Would i use MST? yeah i think i would but i worry that some will now avoid as they were part of a wild internet discussion and MST have encouraged that.

Can't understand why MST have not included some of these apparently relevant facts earlier on, although it would not have been so entertaining.

I read (past tense) it that they just wanted to make a massive saving by sending one van only, in which case (irrespective of subsequent dummy throwing methods) I was strongly on the customer's side.
Even up to the point of pick up, MST could have (may in fact have) made this go away by saying "we have a problem, we only have 1 van for 2 groups, it is our mistake but because of the peak time, we cannot get another van. We will give you the full difference between private and shard right now in your hand. ". And that way, the great "we're all in it together" spirit normally kicks in.

I have to say, reading the various threads over recent years has taught me what not to do when things don't go as they should.

Very entertaining though.

On Dec 30th I bought something electronic from a famous online shop / business. They offered and I paid a premium for "guaranteed next day delivery". Which meant that I would be able to play with my gadget on some of NYE and NYD.
They sent me an email saying it would be delivered on time, and "not to go out" . So NYE, by 5pm ish, after having checking the tracking code during the day saying it was "on it's way", I contacted said company. I got through to a nice foreign accented lady, who was nothing but apologetic and extremely helpful - an excellent first contact. She went off and got some facts and said in fact there was no way it was going to get here to day, and in all honesty I probably wouldnt get it until Friday ! FURIOUS I was .

However, at no point did I think the company needed a good battering on the Internet. They made a mistake. They also made a second mistake by not telling it that it wouldn't arrive when they could have, and which they should have.
They refunded the delivery costs in total straight away , carried on apologising and sympathising. And said that they hoped that i would give them another chance to serve me better next time.

Ok, I'm still a bit peeved, but that is what I would expect from customer service when they occasionally get things wrong .
As a result, they will probably get my next buy.
snow report
And by complete coincidence, I have literally just got an email from Fritz the driver to say it will be delivered between 10.38 and 11.38 today
So, we are all happy, and no multi-internet arguments , sorry Smile
ski holidays
sev112 wrote:

Can't understand why MST have not included some of these apparently relevant facts earlier on, although it would not have been so entertaining.

Sorry i should have made it clear that this report was from a different incident.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fabricem wrote:
I'm one of those who agrees with thedavman. He should have got a full refund for the difference in prices between the private and shared plus transfers. Then MST should have offered another 20 euros of their own account for the inconvenience even before an email was sent. That would have been good customer service. When it comes to the sexual content of the conversation this should have been dealt separately outwith this forum since if it happened it is unacceptable.

totally agree re what MST should have done. The OP's exectation was reasonable but the escalation on both sides was way over the top
snow conditions
andy, holidayloverxx, +++
snow report
genepi, am I right in thinking simon2791 was Irish? If so, is there a pattern here? thedavman(o) is from Ireland, and the complainant in the sample from trip advisor above was called Mr Fitzmaurice.
ski holidays
Post deleted my MST

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 2-01-14 17:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Anyone ever seen that cat on you tube?

No no no no no no

Massif, you should of quit while you were ahead.

Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 2-01-14 13:19; edited 1 time in total
latest report
sj1608, yeah, it doesn't look dyslexic to me, have a few friends who are in various degrees, as is my partner. I agree that the lack of effort with English is saddening and in this case it looks like someone who can't be bothered.
snow report
thecramps wrote:
genepi, am I right in thinking simon2791 was Irish? If so, is there a pattern here? thedavman(o) is from Ireland, and the complainant in the sample from trip advisor above was called Mr Fitzmaurice.

I have no idea what nationality he is, & hardly think it's relevant. I'm also Irish, FWIW, & am not in the habit of making trip advisor complaints wink Laughing
snow conditions
Massif,

Confucius say:

Before embarking on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.

...and as such I would advise against involving 'our learned friends' in this matter
ski holidays
crazy_skier_jules, It actually looks to me like someone has written something in another language then put it through an auto translator. Even if not, it clearly written who's first language isn't english
snow report
As someone who regularly does "transfer driving" to Geneva and sometimes other airports, albeit unpaid, I don't think any of the transfer companies make big profits. It's hard work and there is a fair bit of competition.

genepi, +1. the nationality thing is a complete red herring.
latest report
ROFL like he is going to retract them for a paltry €20, Massif transfers clearly not run by the brightest person, perhaps you should have thought of the negative portrayal of your company when you were stiffing them for their private transfer so you could make a few more €€€

Quote:
Every corner i have tried to be polite and get this resolved,

What, uhhh are you just plain stupid you have certainly not been polite.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 2-01-14 13:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
pam w, Plus the huge costs of meeting two sets of regulations if using Geneva, almost needless to say the Swiss and the French regulations all have completely different requirements!
I have noticed a lot of the Chalet co transfer vans have had their advertising sign writing removed for this season....However, I suspect they will still get caught by one Police force or the other.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy