Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Matter settled with Massif Soleil Transfers. Post deleted.

Poster: A snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 4-01-14 22:36; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like you're not the only unhappy customer:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/massif-soleil-transfers-rip-off-t157881.html

I know it will not help you, but we have just been to Grand Massif and everyone we met recommended Go Massif. We drove down this time, but will certainly book them if we fly next time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 4-01-14 22:34; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just a thought. How did you pay? If it was by credit card then the card issuer is jointly liable and you can approach them for a refund.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds pretty damn poor and downright dangerous. Was this driver properly licenced?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry to hear that. Gets a bad name for us all.
If going that way again.
Go Massif
PowderCabs
GenevaAirportTransfers
Skiidy Gonzales
all come recommended.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Post deleted by MST

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 2-01-14 17:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hmm. Sounds like the usual kind of case of 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, to me. OK, you book a private transfer and get a shared one - not great, and a company should not assume that emails will be received when travelling - I have lots of experience of both emails and texts being delayed. A driver doing the route for the first time? Not a really big deal, IMV. Terms and conditions will almost always preclude last minute cancellations so that was all a bit of a waist (sic) of time and if the allegations about questioning the driver about his sex life are true then that is pretty nasty. Seems an odd thing for the driver to invent, if not true.

You got there. You got back. Mountains and molehills spring to mind - surely this wasn't that crucial an element of your honeymoon?

But yes, next time - look for recommendations on snowheads, where there is a lot of experience of local situations.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Hmm. Sounds like the usual kind of case of 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, to me. OK, you book a private transfer and get a shared one - not great, and a company should not assume that emails will be received when travelling - I have lots of experience of both emails and texts being delayed. A driver doing the route for the first time? Not a really big deal, IMV. Terms and conditions will almost always preclude last minute cancellations so that was all a bit of a waist (sic) of time and if the allegations about questioning the driver about his sex life are true then that is pretty nasty. Seems an odd thing for the driver to invent, if not true.

You got there. You got back. Mountains and molehills spring to mind - surely this wasn't that crucial an element of your honeymoon?

But yes, next time - look for recommendations on snowheads, where there is a lot of experience of local situations.

I agree. The sex thing is very odd, but nothing surprises me any more. Personally, on the basis of what's been posted, I'd happily book with this company, but I wouldn't want to share a chalet with the OP.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well, seeing as how you ask for feedback.....

Your customer is a bit of a knobhead, actually a bit more than a bit of a knobhead.

You are wrong to say that giving someone 9 hours notice by email of a change of arrangements is acceptable: it isn't. But hey, sh*t happens.

For the rest of it you seem to have acted reasonably, but your business is dealing with the public, you will always get knobheads from time to time.

I wouldn't be put off using your service as a result of this little spat.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thedavman, you don't come out smelling of roses. Any comments on the drivers allegations ?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agreed - 9 hrs is not an acceptable amount of time for an email relating to a trnasfer. Also a delivery receipt is not the same as a read receipt. Other than that - well, I can't be arsed to read it all, but after a quick scan the MST side appears to be not unreasonable.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Certainly does sound like someone trying to recoup some of the cost of a wedding. Not the best to book a private transfer then have to share, but hey, not the end of the world. Teddies leaving prams. Refund should be whatever difference was. No more no less. Certainly can't have been too peeved at the time if his over familiarity in conversation is anything to go by.
Ham, agreed, a bit of a knobhead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Post deleted my MST

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 2-01-14 17:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I used Massif Soleil Transfers a couple of years ago and found the driver very switched on. The admin side of things seemed okay too.
ski holidays
Special pleading from people on their honeymoon gets on my tits, actually. Honeymoon schmoneymoon. Why is that more important than a family with small kids or a couple who have been married a few years? Indeed one might argue that trivial problems should make no impact on the exalted state of happiness which ought to characterise a honeymoon. wink
latest report
pam w, Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 4-01-14 22:35; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
thedavman, setting aside the business of the driver's sex life (and if untrue it is an outrageous claim for the company to have made), I still think you made a mountain out of a molehill in allowing a fairly minor, if irritating, change to your transfer to lead to such a disproportionate fuss and affecting your holiday to the extent that you were sending emails in the wee small hours. We have had a couple of threads about transfer problems in recent years - the picture is rarely entirely clearcut when all the facts are known.

I simply don't accept that having to share a short journey with a family amounts to "horrendous treatment" though, like others, I accept that you had not had the chance either to agree or disagree with the proposal.
ski holidays
thedavman, sorry mate but your not really helping yourself. You really are making a fuss over nowt. So you had to share a transfer, big deal, get over it.

But hey, if you want to keep this up then go ahead, it's quite funny.
snow conditions

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 4-01-14 22:35; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
taken down by MST

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 3-01-14 15:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
thedavman, you really are only making it worse for yourself. I think the reality is that you were Massifly Laughing overreacting in an attempt to get a big cashback.
snow report
thedavman,

Having read all the above, I have switched sides and feel very sorry for the transfer company.

Sometimes you can't choose your customers.

Using what looks like a threat of publicising your unhappiness on every web site around comes across to me as particularly poor.

p.s. You might want to be very careful about your choice of words. I would imagine that the title of this thread and the content might be of interest to the Company's lawyers, I would hazard.
snow conditions
Quote:

Special pleading from people on their honeymoon gets on my tits, actually. Honeymoon schmoneymoon. Why is that more important than a family with small kids or a couple who have been married a few years? Indeed one might argue that trivial problems should make no impact on the exalted state of happiness which ought to characterise a honeymoon. wink

Ha ha absolutely agree, can't believe that he let such a trivial issue take up so much time, especially when on honeymoon, would have thought that he would have better things to do Toofy Grin

A few years ago we traveled to Morzine with Crystal [stayed at the Viking] as part of a group of 4 families with young children [we had 3 children aged 12, 10 & 7 at the time] & we had booked & paid extra for adjacent inter connecting rooms, when we actually arrived at the hotel it was apparent that that was the time when the staff allocated the rooms. Not great, they allocated my family two rooms on different floors Sad

As you can appreciate totally unacceptable but I didn't get upset, I just talked to the staff & explained what we required, eventually they offered me two rooms on the same floor opposite each other, not what I had booked or paid for but the best they could do. I accepted this & confirmed that i would take this up with Crystal when I got home, it wasn't going to spoil our holiday. I accept that whilst Crystal had taken the booking & the cash, it was left to the hotel to allocate rooms [I think they have since changed their T & C's].

What did annoy me though was, friends of ours had booked their holiday after we had & independent of us, travelled on the same flight but were transported to resort on a different coach, therefore arrived in resort prior to us & were allocated ADJACENT ROOMS WTF Evil or Very Mad

Needless to say I took this up with Crystal & got refunded the charge which they had applied & a small amount of compensation, not really the point, buy hey it happens.

We did have a great time in Morzine & wouldn't let something as trivial as this to spoil the trip, I guess the same can't be said of the 'thedavman' but as the saying goes "you can't please all of the people all of the time" & you are dealing with the public.

So in closing I wouldn't have an issue booking transfers through MST good luck with your business
Toofy Grin
snow report
thedavman, Got to say I don't believe you about the tail thing. I would be surprised if a Frenchman had ever heard that expression before, but I admit it's a bit strong saying you were grooming a 23yo. But if you'd said that to me you'd have been on transfer "a pied monsieur".
snow conditions
Quote:

I would be surprised if a Frenchman had ever heard that expression before

well, if Massif is French he speaks pretty good English. "Sad little man" is an excellent idiomatic use. wink
ski holidays
taken down by MST

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 3-01-14 15:01; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, Laughing
snow conditions
Seems like thedavman's little attempt to discredit Massif has somewhat blown up in his face. However, it was a bit naughty of Massif to try and squeeze two bookings into one van at the last minute to avoid having to send two vans and he will have saved more than the €30 euro being offered as a result.

Probably best for the 2 parties to have a little chat, agree that this has got out of proportion and see if the posts/thread can can be deleted for everybody's sake.
ski holidays
alti - dude wrote:
Seems like thedavman's little attempt to discredit Massif has somewhat blown up in his face. However, it was a bit naughty of Massif to try and squeeze two bookings into one van at the last minute to avoid having to send two vans and he will have saved more than the €30 euro being offered as a result.

Probably the best they could do at the time.
latest report
PJSki, shouldn't have taken the second booking until agreement reached . . . but the reaction is way over the top as Massif doesn't seem to have bad form.
ski holidays
alti - dude wrote:
PJSki, shouldn't have taken the second booking until agreement reached . . . but the reaction is way over the top as Massif doesn't seem to have bad form.

Without reading through to check, might it not have been an existing booking?
snow report
Reading this whilst watching footie on the telly. This argument is far more entertaining. Definately need a chill pll
snow report
Liking that customer service.
Think both parties have spades, and both are digging.
Even if customer is (quote:) "a bit of a knob", so is the service which is crossed off my list next time I need a transfer that way. And it's not the first transfer co. crossed off the list for basically exactly the same reason.
Twitter rants work.
sH rants make both sides look like knobs.
edit: forgot to add... at least it wasn't a new registration to rant... first post ranters are the biggest knobs of all

oh and it's snowheads.com not .co.uk Wink (but thumbs up for correctly not including the www Smile )
snow conditions
PJSki, might have been but one of the bookings must have been taken in the knowledge that it was incompatible with an existing booking or it was a case of 'I could send two vans but that's crazy so I'll only send one' . . . However as I said, reaction way over the top IMO given the amount involved . . . .if it was a private plane that I'd booked for just two and the pilot was going to fly a mile up in the sky then would have been a different matter Shocked
snow report
where is the popcorn smiley?
snow report
latest report
Mrs Ducky, which game? The Suarez free kicked sounded a gem.
snow conditions
Mountain out of a molehill for sure....BUT Massif's comments to a customer are absolutely disgraceful. What sane customer service organisation uses such immoderate language, calls a customer a sad little man and in writing..then publishes it! Not that I'm ever likely to need it but if the need does arise I will avoid this company for sure.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy