Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet - changing a reservation and ski carriage questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Probably been asked a dozen times, but can't find the definitive answers! Maybe someone can help…

1. If I change my flights with Easyjet (i.e. fly a couple of days earlier), I know I will have an admin fee (£35) plus any difference in fare. But what is not clear is whether everything I have paid for Upfront Seats, Luggage and Sports Equipment transfers to the new flight or if i have to pay for these again.

2. Two of my kids have their own skis (totally worth it as we live near Glenshee), am I "allowed" to pack their skis with my own and only pay for 1 x Sports Equipment? Or is there a significant risk this will be challenged? Their skis easily fit in with mine in the ski bag.

Thanks in advance...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On 2 I think strictly speaking it is against the rules to have more than one pair of skis but EJ have never batted an eye at or paid any attention to anything other than the total weigh of my 2 huge roller coffin bags with mine and my 2 kids skis, boards and everything else we need for the trip in. Think the rub is if it they were delayed they would only fork out for rental of 1 item per bag.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 29-12-13 14:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks davit, I thought as much. Looks like it is worth the risk.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, my travel insurance covers delayed baggage anyway so I don't worry about it. Think our record was 4 pairs of skis and a snowboard in 2 bags.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyone know about the flight change part?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
zikomo, I'm not absolutely sure, but I think you'd just pay the difference between the two totals - and not have to pay the luggage etc again. That would be a bit much!

That is, if all the names remain the same.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
zikomo, I always get helpful responses from EJ using this

http://support.easyjet.com/faq/en/request.do?forward=contact&category={b8b120d0-ced8-11e2-ef6e-000000000000}

We flew EJ before Christmas. As long as ski bag less than 20kg then absolutely no interest what was inside (Bristol). Not even weighed at Salzburg on way back.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
zikomo, I've transferred flights and the hold luggage/sports luggage/seats is all transferred at no extra cost. It does cost £35.00 each to transfer flights, per person, per leg of the journey as well as any fare increase.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everyone!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Something I've never understood is why anyone would change a name on a flight. It's £35 a flight plus any difference in fare. Which means the fare is what you'd pay if you booked a new flight - PLUS a £70 admin fee. So why would you do it (assuming you're buying the flight off someone who can't go and not getting it for nowt)?

Or have I missed something? We had a flight that was £150 and wanted to transfer it. The flight had gone up by a tenner, so the new chap would have paid £150 to the original passenger and then an extra £80 for the transfer/extra fare - total £230. Instead of £160 to book a new flight.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I interpret it differently - if you paid £150 originally, then fare up to £200, you'll pay the difference, i.e. £50 plus the admin fee.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes, that's what I understand too, jocrad, - but usually you'd expect that the original passenger (in this case one of my mates) would want to get their money back - I guess if I had paid to take one of my kids and decided to take the other one then it's worth it - but I organise a couple of skiing and cycling trips each year where occasionally people drop out and this simply isn't worth it. Jet2's group booking service is the best for that - you pay thirty quid despoit but you can cancel without any further charge and change names free up to 8 weeks before you go.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy