Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs / Peisey Vallandry

Poster: A snowHead
Mouth, As Ray Zorro is saying in another thread at the moment, someones got to do the washing up Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin, That's what you guys are for Razz
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mouth, and who's taking two this weekend?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Washing up - another downside to self catering. I am so glad i don't own a place in Montalbert.................Not Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, Oh yes forgot about that one!!

Frosty the Snowman, It is THE place to be Little Angel
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mouth,
Quote:

Oh yes forgot about that one!!

Shocked

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mouth wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, left Villaroger around 2.15 and was on Vanoise Express at 3pm and then headed home

I'm ashamed to admit I've not yet had the pleasure of visiting Montalbert (I keep hearing that the snow's not up to much, so I've avoided it Wink), so don't know how long it takes to get there from the Vanoise Express?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Washing up - another downside to self catering. I am so glad i don't own a place in Montalbert.................Not Crying or Very sad

Thank God for dishwashing machines!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar.org.uk,
Quote:

I'm ashamed to admit I've not yet had the pleasure of visiting Montalbert (I keep hearing that the snow's not up to much, so I've avoided it ), so don't

Good advice wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar.org.uk, Well if us Montalbert folk can make it all the way across to Villaroger, skiing past your place on the way I think you should venture across the big divide (known as Vanoise Express) and try it. You could do it in an hour from VE exit. It takes me 1 and quarter to get to Montchavin but we have a relatively long lift out of the village.
If you do make it let us know... can recommend a good lunch spot once you get there eh boredsurfin, ?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mouth wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, Well if us Montalbert folk can make it all the way across to Villaroger, skiing past your place on the way I think you should venture across the big divide (known as Vanoise Express) and try it. You could do it in an hour from VE exit. It takes me 1 and quarter to get to Montchavin but we have a relatively long lift out of the village.
If you do make it let us know... can recommend a good lunch spot once you get there eh boredsurfin, ?

I've skied across there several times, just not got as far as Montalbert. I skied to all the la Plagne villages (I think) and towards Champagny, just not to the very far end of the domain to your neck of the woods. It's on my list of things to do, but so far events have conspired against me getting there...

Lunch recommendations will be most welcome Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't know about the Villaroger run, but I've done Aguille Rouge Cable Car exit to Luigi's in 1950 in 12 mins (turn left at Lanchettes chair).

Ohh this sounds like a competitive thread now!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JimW, mmm that has given me a challenge for this weekend then. Might have to get the skis out in that case..........

rob@rar.org.uk, It is well worth it. When you next out there?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, It is well worth it. When you next out there?

8 April.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Report from the kids from today, ref conditions.

Hannah this morning gate training on the Tetras stadium (Arc 1800). Cold, light snow flurries, hard snow holding up well through the morning.

Timothy this afternoon, around the snowpark at 1800, then down in 1600 (Rouelles black etc). Much warmer, occasional very wet snow flurries up to the top of the Clair Blanc lift (around 2200m). Snow held up pretty well, big moguls in the the steep runs such as Rouelles, soft on top, icy between.
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk, till when?
ski holidays
Mouth wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, till when?

15th.
latest report
rob@rar.org.uk, well if you can find your across to Montalbert 12th or after we will be there and can show you a fab lunch spot and the delights of skiing around the area!
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk, Mouth, are you going to be able to meet up with snowskisnow and the gang for the BLAM then?

Mouth, I look forward to seeing the time beaten - to give me a challenge for next year!!
snow report
Mouth wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, well if you can find your across to Montalbert 12th or after we will be there and can show you a fab lunch spot and the delights of skiing around the area!

Excellent - I'll see if Jane is happy for me to head across while she takes a day off (I doubt she'd want to ski all the way to Montalbert). I'll let you know closer to the date.
snow report
JimW wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, Mouth, are you going to be able to meet up with snowskisnow and the gang for the BLAM then?

It looks like I will miss all of the BLAM. I meeting that I must attend got changed, so I have to be in London when the BLAM is taking place. I've therefore brought my trip forward a week.
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
It looks like I will miss all of the BLAM.

Yep Sad You're leaving the day most of us arrive.I will be around the same week as you,but down the valley in Valmorel.
latest report
snowskisnow wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:

Yep Sad You're leaving the day most of us arrive.I will be around the same week as you,but down the valley in Valmorel.

I'm not terribly happy about it. I missed a lot of last season's EOSB, and now all of this season's getogether in Les arcs. Work - pah! It always seems to get in the way Sad
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk, That's great. PM me nearer the time and we will see if we can meet up. Very Happy
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk,
Quote:

Sad
Bad news
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
Mouth wrote:

Excellent - I'll see if Jane is happy for me to head across while she takes a day off (I doubt she'd want to ski all the way to Montalbert). I'll let you know closer to the date.
Its not as far as you think.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, said
Quote:

Its not as far as you think.

and the Tartiflette at the end is well worth the trip, although PG rates the Onion soup!
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, You are quite right and I can give the quickest route (depends if you board or ski - different routes to cater for lifts etc).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth, The drags are faster for the skier's Very Happy
snow report
boredsurfin, The drags are also a no go for boarders!
latest report
Mouth, Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Hi all

back again loads of snow still i see

mouth, boredsurfin is it worth coming over ur side this weekend
snow report
snowcrazy, I would say yes as we always have great snow around our village as it is north facing
ski holidays
Great conditions up in Les Arcs today. Probably about 20cms of fresh snow, empty runs, avalanche risk at 2. Great fun on the deserted unpisted blacks up in the 2000 basin, and plenty of untracked areas nearby. Occasionally caught out by the dreaded frozen lumps of avalanche debris under the deceptively smooth surface, but great fun to ski!
ski holidays
PG, Ratbag. - but glad to hear you are back on your feet.

PS Raffle tickets arrived today - thanks for that.

Might have been able to use tax break on French income taxes had we needed to (well, might have been able to if I had given you my proper name... Wilks... Embarassed ) but thanks to managment 'overheads', still think I am 'earning' well below threshold of actually paying anything to le gouvernment on the rental income from 1950.

So we may well try it on the English boys!
snow conditions
JimW, Club magazine in post by the way... but with wrong name though! (Good practice for someone's French wink)
First time on the slopes for 11 days rolling eyes
ski holidays
Does anybody know if the drinking water is still unsafe in Plan Peisey & Vallandry? When we were there March 11th - 18th they were giving away free bottled water near the tourist office, & there were notices about the contamination of the water supply!
Just that my sister in law is there 1st April & we're out again 8th April, & wondering what to expect.
ski holidays
As far as we have been told at The Flying Squirrel Bar (by the tourist office), we should expect to be using the bottled water until the end of the season.... still waiting for results of the tests / analysis apparently.
snow report
Seeing the flying_squirrel post, reminds me that I meant to give you guys (another) plug... We ( a group of motley thirty something snowboarders ) were in last Monday and Tuesday to sample your much talked about burgers ... Top drawer 'nosebag' - the Rustic Burger and the Chilli Burgers were particular favourites...

For anyone heading over to Plan Peisey, its worth effort - its near to the Peisey 61 6 man chair ( near the Vanoise Express ) - thou you need to exit the pistes some 100 yards above the lift entrance and head in a 'skiers left' direction down the road towards to Ski 2000 signs... ( sure Flying_Squirrel can give better directions )

Shame we weren't staying in Plan Peisey as it looked like the bar would be a cool place to hang out of an evening....
snow report
thanks Richie_S!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy