Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs / Peisey Vallandry

Poster: A snowHead
List of web links for the Paradiski area...

At last - some snow up at Arc 1600. Not much, but with temps staying cold at least the cannons have been going as well.

This pic will update on a more or less daily basis during the season... (you might have to refresh page to see the latest image)

(by clicking on the above image you can load a larger scale picture...)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 30-05-06 6:51; edited 5 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hurrah! I notice that over in Vallandry they have had some snow to supplement the man-made as well.

Only 5 weeks to holiday there so let it snow...................
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PG, Apparently the snow is on its way this weekend............
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boris, Could be 3 weeks for me!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And now at 1800 it looks as though winter has arrived in a small way although the summit cams still are bare... as you say, things forecast to change
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What's all that white stuff?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's really a long way from being enough to even start to create a base though isn't it, seems mostly a cosmetic covering Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gregh, very true - still, compared to the same day as the current cam above last year, this photo shows it wasn't that much better...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm off to Les Arcs 2000 15th Jan for the first time and am greedy for any info/photos I can get, so these are good to know about!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Beverley, Come say hello, we arrive 14th Jan, staying in Rob@Rar's apartment in the Alpage du Chantal

thanks forthe pics Pete, remember to get in your order for bottles of beer a few days before to allow time for us to visit the booze shop Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nbt, will do! Thanks.

If anyone else is at Les Arcs this season, let me know the dates in this thread, if you fancy meeting for a quick ski and a beer during your stay Smile ...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PG,

Quote:

If anyone else is at Les Arcs this season, let me know the dates in this thread, if you fancy meeting for a quick ski and a beer during your stay ...Thu Nov 24, 05 9:47

Thanks ! We (Mrs Ski and me) will be in Villaroger from 18-24 Dec........ if the link is open would enjoy a ski/beer snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There's about 25 of us up at Arc 1950 from the 11th to the 18th February 2006 (half term week). Very mixed group in terms of age and ability, but only one snowHead so far Sad

It would be good to meet up/ski with anyone around in the area at that time.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm in Plan Peisey for a week from Sat 21st Jan. Would definitely like to meet up with any SnowHeads in the area at that time. I'm looking forward to a few beers in the Flying Squirrel bar in Plan peisey itself, run by a snowHead I believe
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Like ski, SP and I will also be in Villaroger but not the same time though, being from 25th to 31st March - we are with Optimum in the Chalet Tarentaise. I hope we can arrange to meet PG, one day for a bit of a ski and a beer - or just the beer maybe. Toofy Grin

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 24-11-05 18:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Timberwolf, yup FS is a snowHead but hasn't posted for a while. Good little watering hole. Bacon butties to die for. Draught Guinness.
latest report
kuwait_ian, any recommendations for restaurants in the area ?
latest report
Timberwolf, look in the alphabetical resorts reports for Peisey / Vallandry. There's a link in there to some recommendations by a 'local' snowHead, Jamie. This season you will also have a big new Club Med opened between Peisey and Vallandry - not sure what facilities it might have for non-residents.
ski holidays
Good man - Ta
ski holidays
Timberwolf, I will be in Chalet Himalaya in Peisey le Villaret with 15 other middle aged lads from 21st Jan, we susually stay low for a beer in the evening, although this year theres a deck with Jacuzzi so may do that at home. If you want a gastro experience then up the valley in old Nancroix is the wonderful L'Ancolie - they've honed the same 4 dishes to perfection over the last 10 years, dinner in the front room of an old farmhouse. You can get there by bus but probably need a taxi back.
Elsewhere Belliou La Fumee is an excellent restaurant on the snow at Pre St Espirit, and Chalets des Arcs at 2000 also worth eating in.

PM me and let me know where you're staying
snow report
Will be in arc 2000 7th to 14th jan
snow conditions
Timberwolf wrote:
kuwait_ian, any recommendations for restaurants in the area ?

Timberwolf, a good one for during the daytime (just off a piste in Plan Peisey or Vallandry) is the Mont Blanc. If your sick of the usual pizza's, pasta, fondue, cheese etc... this place does a full english brekkie up till 10:30am, and after that has such delights as sausage mash & onion gravy, chicken nuggets and chips, and all kinds of other english food (using proper English sausages etc not the excuse-for-sausages-hotdog-like-efforts our foreign cousins seem to prefer!!!)
snow report
Puzzled
Hot dog sausages?! No way, not in France! Yet to see those in the butchers here. Don't think Plumrose has made it across the Channel yet!
snow report
Looking pretty first thing this morning in Bourg!

Photo 7.30am 25.11.05
snow report
Woooop!
snow conditions
Envy ! Very Happy
latest report
PG, Fab - thanks for getting Friday off to a good start!
snow report
PG, looks a bit like that in Swindon this morning !!!..............
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG, you know what I mean. The frenchies sausages are more like thin hot dog sausages than our thicker tastier ones Wink Frankfurters I believe they are known as
latest report
Charlatanefc, Well I can't argue with that Laughing
latest report
Here's today's blog ...

and a shot from above Arc 1800 today...

On way through Plan Peisey, stopped off at the 'Flying Squirrel', where Will was hard at work. Looking forward to the new season, pleased to hear the fame of his bacon butties was spreading around the WWW!
ski holidays
Charlatanefc, How about merguez or andouillette with the chips - both very tasty and French snowHead
snow report
CP, que??? Wink What are they??? (excuse my ignorance, I am but a thick scouser Very Happy )
latest report
PG, this will be my 1st season since I've been skiing that I won't have been to La Plagne and Les Arcs. Will kind of miss the place, (especially the dropdead gorgeous barmaids in the Luna in Plagne Centre Wink ) Don't recall seeing Les Arcs looking as good as that this early the last few years. L.A. and L.P. were green fields till a few days b4 xmas last year IIRC???
latest report
CP wrote:
Charlatanefc, How about merguez or andouillette with the chips - both very tasty and French snowHead

Merguez and Andouillette are french sausages. Merguez is about the size of a chipolat but a bit darker and more mottled, and decodely more spicy - lovely served with couscous

Andouillette is much fatter both in size and content, and amuch lighter in colour
latest report
The Merguez allegedly made from lamb, but you wouldn't know the difference whatever was used with all the harisa and pepper that's added...

Andouillette - don't ask what that's made from. You don't want to know... wink

Harisa: if ever you're suffering from any sort of pain, no matter how bad, just put a microscopic speck of neat harisa on your tongue, and in seconds all those pains will become completely insignificant...
snow conditions
nbt, PG, ooh, they sound delightful Shocked
ski holidays
I was in Les Arc briefly today when Tignes was closed, and about 25-30cm of fresh at 1800m. Surprisingly the cannons didn't seem to be running. I wonder if the Les Arcs management know something that Tignes doesn't (Tignes has been running cannons 24/7 for at least the past week)?
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk, not all of them by any means, but I did see a couple working, and heard others. What a racket they make in the mountains when there's no one around, no wind, no other noise...
latest report
PG, Tripe!! Andouillete not you Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy