Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs / Peisey Vallandry

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone spot PGs house on this one.
(click photo for larger image)
More snow forecast thursday Shocked
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great shot, think BernardC was heading up there a couple of days ago. I can't take photos looking back over my shoulder down a lift, makes me feel queasy spoo ...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PG wrote:
I can't take photos looking back over my shoulder down a lift, makes me feel queasy spoo ...

I propose total immersion to dull your symptoms. We can hold onto you by your ski boots while you take some chairlift shots from a whole new perspective Toofy Grin wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
On the subject of feeling queasy, rob@rar.org.uk should recognise this spot... looks entirely innocent as you ski up to it from above... (click for full-size pics):

Then from below... a good 25 foot drop. Although there's so much powder you might get away with it! If you can dig yourself out, that is...

I was first up the Mont Blanc lift this morning, first through the Mont Blanc forest. If anything conditions were better than the last time Rob!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG,
Quote:

On the subject of feeling queasy, rob@rar.org.uk should recognise this spot... looks entirely innocent as you ski up to it from above...
Then from below... a good 25 foot drop. Although there's so much powder you might get away with it! If you can dig yourself out, that is...

A prime example of the need to take a local along when going into the woods Very Happy
Lovely pics PG Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PG wrote:
I was first up the Mont Blanc lift this morning, first through the Mont Blanc forest. If anything conditions were better than the last time Rob!

Git!

Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar.org.uk,
Quote:

Git!

Well, at least you managed to bag some of it. Then the rest of us got to look at the photos Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowbunny wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk,
Quote:

Git!

Well, at least you managed to bag some of it. Then the rest of us got to look at the photos Laughing

Embarassed I suppose you're right. I can't complain: I've had much more skiing this season than I've had in any single previous year, including being blessed with perfect conditions on a couple of occasions (nice and icy for skiing gates, or very deep snow for skiing through the trees) Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar.org.uk,
Quote:

I've had much more skiing this season than I've had in any single previous year,

And the season is definitely not over for some weeks to come. Plenty of time for some more Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar.org.uk, I know the feeling, I have had a text message every day since Thursday from Mouth telling me how good the snow is.
Including this exchange by text yesterday:
Mouth: Great conditions thigh deep powder!
Me: Where?
Mouth: EVERYWHERE!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Some photos from today in the blog
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PG, What has happened with the landslip on the Bourg - Moutier road, is the diversion still in place?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Forgotten about that - nobody's mentioned it, must be clear by now.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bruv in law got stuck in it for 45mins on Friday morning, must be cleared if not mentioned again!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Brief blast in the white stuff this morning and early pm, conditions fantastic in the powder amongst the trees again with some more fresh snow overnight.

Blog/photos
latest report
PG, Looks like a fun day Very Happy
How steep are the runs through the woods?
ski holidays
snowbunny, mostly reasonably gentle, no more than 20° - but there are plenty of steep areas if you really insist!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 12-03-06 18:31; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
PG,
Quote:

snowbunny, mostly reasonably gentle, no more than 20° - but there's plenty of steep areas if you really insist!

You can ski the steep stuff, and I will take the photos Toofy Grin
latest report
snowbunny, I'm sure you've noticed how few photos I figure in... there's a good reason for that, and it's not because I'm holding the camera Wink
snow conditions
PG,
Quote:

snowbunny, I'm sure you've noticed how few photos I figure in

Sometimes, you do make an exception, though perhaps you are just shy Little Angel

http://mysnowsports.com/coppermine/displayimage/meta=lastup/cat=0/pos=289.html
snow report
PG, Lucky you having the forest! No powder on the face this am. Sad
latest report
What a couple of days! Feeling slightly guilty as new arrival in the apartment this week has 'stretched' her calf muscle, and local docs say she shouldn't ski for two days, but my goodness, for the rest of us, it has just been amazing.

"Tuffes" up in 2000 bowl, thigh deep on piste - I did it 6 times just to make sure I didn't miss any. "Lanches" moguls are both powdery and steep, and the bright blue skies today (13th) are absolutely just as ordered after waiting in snow storms for 9 days...

My little one, 4+, has been insisting on learning powder & tree skiing, not quite PGs forests, more the trees on the side of the runs, but since daddy has been going on and on about it, she wanted some of the action.

Sorry to bore you all but I think these past two days have been some of the best in 20 years of skiing, and I just wanted to share.

All muscles aching, but the one with the biggest workload has been the one making me grin from ear to ear. And apparetnly set fair for more of the same for the next 4 days. BRING IT ON. snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
JimW, excellent! Glad you're having a terrific time. It sounds wonderful Smile
latest report
SP and I will be driving out to Villaroger this coming Saturday 25th March. Would be great if any of the locals, PG maybe, could post a snow and weather report as this week progresses. If the weather is looking bad for driving on Saturday it would be good to know before hand.

TIA snowHead
ski holidays
CP, yes we are out too this weekend so any first hand report would be great!
latest report
According the Chamonix meteo saturday calls for snow above 1400m Happy
snow report
Mouth, Are you driving out too?

skinutter, That will do for me, Villaroger is at 1200m and North facing.

T - 4 and counting snowHead
snow report
yep but i gues its rain or sleet for me at a snip over 1000m in Praz nr Megeve. Nevermind will be fresh snow upstairs!!!! Also driving down early(3:30am) doors saturday 25th
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skinutter, Tunnel crossing booked for 7.33am so we will be leaving home around 4.45 - have a good trip.
snow conditions
CP,
Quote:

Please tiptoe past us on the A303 Laughing
latest report
CP, No flying Thursday night from Heathrow. Incidentally a few weeks ago I did the run form top of Aiguille Rouge down to Villaroger with only about 3 stops. Try it if you want a really good workout and want to really earn your beer. First time I had been there - I can tell you it is quite a trek back to Montalbert especially as some of the lifts from Villaroger are on the slow side. May even be tempted again this weekend if I can persuade my ski buddies to try a new adventure!
snow report
Mouth wrote:
I can tell you it is quite a trek back to Montalbert especially as some of the lifts from Villaroger are on the slow side.

That certainly is quite a trek! How long did it take?

Wonder which is longer: Villaroger-Montalbert or Villaroger-Champagny?
snow conditions
Mouth, I may give it a try next week if we can leave the wife's and children behind in the village wink
ski holidays
Quote:

Incidentally a few weeks ago I did the run form top of Aiguille Rouge down to Villaroger with only about 3 stops

Mouth, I have done the same but didnt find it too bad. A hot chocolate at 10.30, Pasta Cabonara at 12.30 and a Vin chaud about 3ish.
ski holidays
Mouth, The Villaroger village record from the top of the Lanchettes lift to Le Pre (AFAIK) used to be 7 mins Toofy Grin Of course, thats' many years ago, so it may be somewhat less now.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

have done the same but didnt find it too bad. A hot chocolate at 10.30, Pasta Cabonara at 12.30 and a Vin chaud about 3ish.

That's my kind of skiing Very Happy Laughing
latest report
snowbunny wrote:
Mouth, The Villaroger village record from the top of the Lanchettes lift to Le Pre (AFAIK) used to be 7 mins Toofy Grin Of course, thats' many years ago, so it may be somewhat less now.

I'll check what the record is now - I think it was held by the Irish guy, Martin ( not Rowe ), who worked for Optimum for a while before going out to NZ to instruct.

T - 3 and counting snowHead
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk, left Villaroger around 2.15 and was on Vanoise Express at 3pm and then headed home

Frosty the Snowman, Very funny Razz Razz

boredsurfin, How many "wife's" are you taking with you this trip?
snow report
Mouth,
Same 2 as last time wink
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:
Mouth,
Same 2 as last time wink
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

What?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy