Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for a skiing partner (woman 30-40 yrs)

Poster: A snowHead
I mean mature in mind, i.e. able to make a sensible decision
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w wrote:
none of my comments have been judgemental, except telling my husband where he could stuff his socks if he offered a washing machine in exchange for sex. I just believe in calling a spade a spade. wink

I didn't speifically say anything about the men offering such things. I'll ask again - if a woman married or not offered a man sex (could be her husband) for something in return that she wanted (e.g. jewelry, holiday, expensive shoes, new house etc) in your opinion is she a whore?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
Quote:

if a guy sends a limo to your home, invites you to dinner in a romantic setting in an expensive restaurant with an expensive bottle of wine... would he deserve the above comm

Yes, if we didn't know each other and the deal was that I had to have sex with him, then I'd definitely be being treated as a whore. And acting as one, if I accepted. Whether the transaction is in a back street or in a top hotel after a fine dinner it amounts to the same transaction.

none of my comments have been judgemental, except telling my husband where he could stuff his socks if he offered a washing machine in exchange for sex. I just believe in calling a spade a spade. wink

There are a number of good reasons why you might have sex without being a whore. e.g

because you feel like it

because someone you love feels like it (even better if you both feel like it)

because you want to conceive, or even

because a strong man with a knife is insisting

because somebody is offering a free holiday, a limo, a slap-up dinner, new clothes or a washing machine doesn't make the list. wink

Yes but….. there is always the old quote of " and what did you see in the old, wrinkly, millionaire magician Paul Daniels?"
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

http://youtube.com/v/Lj-9lSEBBm0
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DB wrote:
I'll ask again - if a woman married or not offered a man sex (could be her husband) for something in return that she wanted (e.g. jewelry, holiday, expensive shoes, new house etc) in your opinion is she a whore?

DB, In my opinion, if a man or woman offers to have sex with someone else purely to receive the benefit of goods or cash, and would refuse to have sex unless goods/cash were received then, yes, that is acting like a whore. Paying for sex is exactly that, isn't it Puzzled

ps, it's not only women who have sex in return for payment!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
But there is a huge grey area when it comes to having sex in return for a lifestyle.

Look at all the old rich businessmen with young attractive partners. The WAGs, Hugh Heffner, just walk around Monaco etc etc.

I imagine they would claim that the power and the money is all just a part of the overall attractiveness of the person - but is it really so far removed from just paying for it?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well...my post clearly mentions what I am looking for.
Each one of you can perceive it in any way the want Smile
If you do not like it, too bad. Live with it Very Happy
Whether you get on with your lives (unlikely), or keep on complaining and whining here... well that is entirely your choice Smile
Or you could start hunting for your next bully victim.
Remember to attack everyone who does not think/act like you do Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
himidxb,

I think a lot of people have just jumped on this thread as a fun bit of banter and mean no harm at all. Personally, I wish you luck in finding someone to ski with.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
miranda wrote:
DB, In my opinion, if a man or woman offers to have sex with someone else purely to receive the benefit of goods or cash, and would refuse to have sex unless goods/cash were received then, yes, that is acting like a whore. Paying for sex is exactly that, isn't it Puzzled

Of course I doubt it gets quite as far as formally uping the kitchen spec based on bedroom performance but I wouldn't go as far as calling them whores.

miranda wrote:
ps, it's not only women who have sex in return for payment!

So Madonna's young boyfriends are man whores / gigolo's in your eyes?
Some men & women are attracted to older sucessful people. It's not illegal and you don't see public uproar, the young men are old enough to make their own choices, it's their life not ours.

So how does a 40 year old man in Dubai find a partner with similar interests (skiing being one of them) and until then he should go on ski hol's alone?

Everytime someone comes on Snowheads with an interest in skiing with possible romance they get hounded out by people who are not in anyway affected by it. Why?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
emwmarine, thank you.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
himidxb,

Just in case you don't get sorted but are looking to go skiing with other Singles - these links might help.

http://www.meetup.com/snowboard-58/

http://www.meetup.com/Powder-Junkies/

There are also various bashes where various snowheads go on trips together.

Good luck

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 29-12-13 13:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DB,
Quote:

Everytime someone comes on Snowheads with an interest in skiing with possible romance they get hounded out by people who are not in anyway affected by it. Why?

That is the million dollar (or pounds Smile ) question.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DB,
Quote:

himidxb,

Just in case you don't get sorted but are looking to go skiing with other Singles - thes links might help.

http://www.meetup.com/snowboard-58/

http://www.meetup.com/Powder-Junkies/

There are also various bashes where various snowheads go on trips together.

Good luck

Thank you buddy Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w,

Quote:

Quote:

if a guy sends a limo to your home, invites you to dinner in a romantic setting in an expensive restaurant with an expensive bottle of wine... would he deserve the above comm

Yes, if we didn't know each other and the deal was that I had to have sex with him, then I'd definitely be being treated as a whore. And acting as one, if I accepted. Whether the transaction is in a back street or in a top hotel after a fine dinner it amounts to the same transaction.

There are a number of good reasons why you might have sex without being a whore. e.g

because you feel like it

because someone you love feels like it (even better if you both feel like it)

because you want to conceive, or even

because a strong man with a knife is insisting

because somebody is offering a free holiday, a limo, a slap-up dinner, new clothes or a washing machine doesn't make the list. wink

Except that you have taken my ad out of context Very Happy ..... again
If I wanted sex, i can get it (free or paid, online or in a pub).
Our friend Raceplate happened to mention a few locations in Dubai which (coincidentally) are ONLY frequented by cheap hookers.
There are many popular hangouts where professional men/women are readily available for NSAs or romance.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DB

Eh? You asked a question about women offering sex in return for goods and I was very clear: in my mind, if you offer to have sex with someone purely for goods/cash and withhold sex from someone unless you get the goods/cash, you are acting like a whore.

I also pointed out that members of both sexes will offer to have sex with others in return for payment because you consistently talked about women offering men sex.

I have said nothing at all about the rights and wrongs of people being attracted to older successful people so I don't understand why you are getting so upset about it or saying I think Madonna's boyfriend is a whore.

I've also said nothing about the rights and wrongs of being a whore.

DB wrote:

He has not been hounded out. A few posters made comments about hookers, and lots of people defended him and wished him luck. The conversation moved on, with you actively contributing to that process by asking whether women who lie back for a "Seimens Front Loader" (ooh er, nudge nudge etc.) are whores.
ski holidays
miranda wrote:
DB

"Seimens Front Loader" (ooh er, nudge nudge etc.)

Brilliant phraseologt: respect 2u!!
ski holidays
himidxb wrote:
Whether you get on with your lives (unlikely), or keep on complaining and whining here... well that is entirely your choice Smile

You still don't get it do you? This is a public internet FORUM. A forum is a place where people go to debate. Where one person expresses an opinion and another person expresses a counter-argument. Other people join in to express their opinions.

You posted an ad which created a debate as to whether it was a genuine offer for romance or a thinly-veiled attempt to buy sex.

But anyone who expresses an opinion that you don't like doesn't get a counter-argument; they get told that they are sick, they should get a life, that it's none of their business, that they are just complaining and whining or that they are bullying you.

That is not debate, it's arrogance. Complaining, whining and bullying is exactly how you are responding to others whose opinions you disagree with and that sir, makes you a rank hypocrite.
snow report
Irrev, we have a Smeg fridge and dishwasher…I never realised.
ski holidays
Raceplate,

Quote:

himidxb wrote:

You still don't get it do you? This is a public internet FORUM. A forum is a place where people go to debate. Where one person expresses an opinion and another person expresses a counter-argument. Other people join in to express their opinions.

You posted an ad which created a debate as to whether it was a genuine offer for romance or a thinly-veiled attempt to buy sex.

But anyone who expresses an opinion that you don't like doesn't get a counter-argument; they get told that they are sick, they should get a life, that it's none of their business, that they are just complaining and whining or that they are bullying you.

That is not debate, it's arrogance. Complaining, whining and bullying is exactly how you are responding to others whose opinions you disagree with and that sir, makes you a rank hypocrite.

Whatever... get over it
ski holidays
Quote:

I'll ask again - if a woman married or not offered a man sex (could be her husband) for something in return that she wanted (e.g. jewelry, holiday, expensive shoes, new house etc) in your opinion is she a whore?

DB, since you ask again, I'll say it again - of course. How else would you define the term? And a man offering to pay a woman for sex is treating her as a whore - and a woman offering to pay a man for sex is treating him as [choose your term]. This latter arrangement was very common when i lived in Barbados. Rather gorgeous young Bajan men did quite well from elderly Canadians (or so the local staff in my office assured me wink ).

I spent a few days in Aruba once - working. I commented in surprise to my colleagues on the extraordinary number of beautiful young women with fat old men. They marvelled at my naivety and assured me they were RICH fat old men. It's not out of the question for a beautiful young woman to fall in love with a fat old man - but they couldn't all have done so.

I will also say again that I don't think there is necessarily anything morally wrong in being a whore. It's a more honest profession than selling expensive financial products to people who don't need them or promoting cigarettes in Africa.
latest report
himidxb, sorry, I thought you were ignoring me? Hypocrite.
latest report
Raceplate,
If you say so.
Get over it.
snow conditions
himidxb wrote:
Raceplate,
If you say so.
Get over it.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Really, I rest my case.

If you can't even keep your word about not responding to any further posts from me, how do you expect any woman reading this thread to believe that your original offer is genuine, innocent and trustworthy?
snow report
Those that believe, have done so already.
Bullies will always have something annoying to say to be a complete nuisance to others.
Stop making a fool of yourself and get over it Smile
ski holidays
himidxb,
Quote:
Those that believe, have done so already.

Yeah, plenty of those, aren't there? All those posts from single women saying, "Ooh, that's a nice offer - I'll PM you my details and we'll sort out a date." rolling eyes
ski holidays
miranda & pam w,

I suppose wether the woman who signs up for the holiday is a whore or not will depend on her intentions. If she is purely interested in the money then yes she is a whore. I suspect himidxb is genuine and your "whore" comments plus other people arguing with him could put off potential matches.

If I was in himidxb's position and decided to contact female skiers in such a way I would have worded it differently but suspect this could be down to English not being his native language - (e.g. Looking to share some quality time skiing in the mountains with a like minded female. Spending time with the right person is more important to me than money and I could help out with holiday costs if needed. Looking for friendship and someone to share a great time but if I'm honest would not rule out romance if the chemistry was right between us. )

... and if the response wasn't great I would up the stakes and throw in a dyson vac with the deal then go for the one with the biggest tips wink

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 29-12-13 15:32; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Katia, yes, I must admit that the thought crossed my mind I'm in danger of looking CG-esque here Embarassed

In my defence, my usual posts are technique or 3 valleys related. I'll walk away in a bit. wink
ski holidays
Can't we put this to bed now, it's become boring
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Esdel wrote:
Can't we put this to bed now, it's become boring

Sorry I didn't realise we were here just to provide you with entertainment. PS You don't have to read the thread and only boring people get bored.

(that should give this thread a bit more life wink )
ski holidays
Esdel wrote:
Can't we put this to bed now

What you offering in return? wink

DB, you were the first person to use the word "whore" in this thread and to take the conversation in the direction of whether offering sex in return for goods makes someone a "whore".

If anyone out there genuinely wants to find someone for skiing and romance, might I suggest that you sign up to an internet dating site and state in your profile that skiing is a passion of yours and you would love to meet an adventurous woman who would enjoy being whisked away on a romantic ski holiday.

I would never recommend posting on an internet forum such as this (where you will be treated far better than you would on many other sites!)
ski holidays
Quote:

I wonder how many times you have to do it for a new kitchen? Maybe needs careful negotiation beforehand - will this be a B & Q job or something more upmarket in hard wood and marble? You could have a kind of Advent calendar, opening a little door each time, till the big one at the end

Unfortunately Mr Snow and Sunshine is transfer driving at the moment but it could definitely work pam w, #googlesexpensivemarblekitchens
latest report
DB,

I've been to and done more in more places in the world than most people can dream off, and trust me when I say your an idiot if you think only boring people get bored.

Ref this post

Does it not strike anyone else slightly odd that this is the third or fourth one of these posts in as many weeks, they are all being posted by the same person, who indeed has nothing better to do that stir the pot, I'm merely pointing out that for most genuine ski enthusiasts, this is getting tiresome.
snow conditions
Esdel, come on. I agree with you that this is a wind up thread but genuine ski enthusiasts with no interest in the stupid banter really don't have to keep opening it.
latest report
Esdel, yes I wondered that. This is the first season I've noticed posts like this on snowHead . This one is broadly similar to the lass from Leeds who made it clear that she wanted to find a man of a certain age to share a room with and that she had done something similar before (presumably he didn't quite measure up otherwise she wouldn't be asking again). The big difference with this one is that the OP is intending to pay for the company of a 'partner', which to me is the big issue here. If people want to combine a meaningless disposable relationship with their skiing holiday, that's their business, but paying for it is in a different league entirely to me...
snow report
Esdel wrote:
DB,
I've been to and done more in more places in the world than most people can dream off, and trust me when I say your an idiot if you think only boring people get bored.

On the Internet you can be and "dream off" anything you want. Toofy Grin
snow report
miranda wrote:
DB, you were the first person to use the word "whore" in this thread and to take the conversation in the direction of whether offering sex in return for goods makes someone a "whore".

Come on, people posted links to hooker/whore sites and pics of Pretty Woman long before I got involved in the discussion.
snow conditions
Just here to post in this important thread

http://youtube.com/v/AnKnjXUe3Uw
snow conditions
DB wrote:

Come on, people posted links to hooker/whore sites and pics of Pretty Woman long before I got involved in the discussion.

yes but you took the discussion to a whole new level, and to a time and place where women have sex with their husbands in return for washing machines… Laughing

This is a wind up thread, but it has been quite illuminating.
ski holidays
Quote:

your an idiot if you think only boring people get bored.

well that makes me an idiot too. I spent four weeks in my small apartment last year, having fractured my pelvis, not able to venture outside into the snow and ice, and wasn't ever bored. Sore, sometimes, but not bored.

Nobody has to read this or any other thread unless they want to.

No, it didn't strike me that these are troll posts; if they are, they are clever ones. But I can only think of 2.

DB, I like your "native English" version of the advertisement but I think you are naive if you think the OP is after a longer-term relationship. Nothing in the post to suggest that and the fact that previous "romantic" (sic) holidays were deemed successful would suggest the contrary.

You might do quite well with the Dyson - instead of the woman, if necessary. wink
snow report
miranda wrote:
DB wrote:

yes but you took the discussion to a whole new level, and to a time and place where women have sex with their husbands in return for washing machines… Laughing

This is a wind up thread, but it has been quite illuminating.

Was ill one day nursing a cold at home and got watching one of these German day time shows (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). There were a lot of wives saying how bad hookers were, then one of the hookers asked if the wives had anytime received a reward for having sex when they didn't really want to or faking an orgasm. You should of seen the wives faces - if the cap fits. Toofy Grin

Another thing that was pointed out is that people have a different appetite for sex and it was generally the ones who couldn't get any or weren't interested in having any that were strongly against people having just for sex/fun relationships.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy