Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soll, Ski Welt updates and tips.

Poster: A snowHead
Any reports on how the forecast snow panned out?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Humpfknick, how's the snow looking at the moment? Heading out to Munich 24/01/14 then train to Worgl.. will be 5th time in Soll cant wait. Bit more snow would be nice but pistes look fine anyway! Cant wait for some beers in Salvenstadl! Can you reccommend any good routes we normally head out of Soll to the iglus then over to Sheffau, Ellmau, but would like to get as far as Going and back one day.. Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
g8awsl wrote:
Hi Humpfknick, how's the snow looking at the moment? Heading out to Munich 24/01/14 then train to Worgl.. will be 5th time in Soll cant wait. Bit more snow would be nice but pistes look fine anyway! Cant wait for some beers in Salvenstadl! Can you reccommend any good routes we normally head out of Soll to the iglus then over to Sheffau, Ellmau, but would like to get as far as Going and back one day.. Smile

I don't know if it's too late but I've been led to believe that Kufstein is closer to Soll and you can use the cheap travel bayern ticket to this station too!

Joe
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cheers Joe, never looked at that before always just gone to Worgl. Looking on Google maps there is about 2 mins driving and 2km difference in it though so might just stick to what I know! haha

Stephen
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What he is trying to tell you that its MUCH cheaper getting off at Kufstein as though it may be in Austria, you can use the Bayern Ticket which gives unlimited travel throughout the Bayern area. With Worgl, you will then require an extra ticket to do the journey between Kufstein and Worgl.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ah right ok I see! But thats with the regional trains I presume not the IC ones etc? Would rather just pay a bit more.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That I wouldn't know. Everytime I do the journey, you go from Munich Airport to Munich East, Then another one to Rossenheim, then one more to Kufstein.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah the Bayern Ticket is only valid on the regional trains as far as Kufstein not the IC ones but for my group of six heading out in March it means the transfer is about €20 return each!
The regional trains only take about 20 mins longer IIRC with the same change at Munchen Ost.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
g8awsl, Haven't been to Going but love going to Ellmau. We leave Soll on the Keat - no. 43 I think, turn right & over to lift no. 7. From there we go across to Aualm (?spelling!) then to the 2 60something lifts in Scheffau & over to Ellmau. Don't think it's much further to Going but we tend to stay in Ellmau for lunch then work our way back via Brixen (iglus), Hopfgarten & Itter.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hello Scarletgirl,
You mentioned Alarm which is marked as a red piste on the map. I wonder, if we'll manage to reach Scheffau from Soll using only blue pistes?
Best regards, Maxim

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 24-01-14 14:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
solopov, looking at the piste map, I think you'll have to use at least one red piste on the way to Scheffau, and one more on the way back.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
solopov, don't think you can get anywhere out of Soll without doing a red! Scheffau does have some lovely runs & if you want to spend the day there you can go by one of the local buses I think ( or the local taxi will take you there).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
solopov wrote:
Hello Scarletgirl,
You mentioned Alarm which is marked as a red pist on the map. I wonder, if we'll manage to reach Scheffau from Soll using only blue pists?
Best regards, Maxim

You can't even get around the Hohe Salve from Soll without using a red, unless you take the gondola (42) to the top, and then the other gondola (22) down to the mid-station. If you do that, then lift 24 (next to the gondola), ski down to 25 and take that, then down to lift 7 (part marked as red, but the bit you would need shouldn't be), then from there down to lift 6, then run 65a which swings out then back under the Eiberg double-quad lifts, and then you just take lift 65 up to the Brandstadl.

But having said all that, I really wouldn't take too much notice of whether the run is marked red or blue, as there is often very little difference between them in the Ski Welt.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As alex_heney says don't get caught up on the colours of Austrian pistes, they seem to be graded a bit gentler than French ones.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank you for answers.
That's actually rather a good news for me, cause my wife won't have a reason for avoiding red pistes any more Smile. We skied in Andorra twice and there she managed to get around hardly ever using red pistes.

We are going to Soll on Feb, 8th. The forecast says that the temperature in the valley those days may be up to plus 10! Hope that'll never come true!
snow report
solopov, don't wory about the temps- they've been in the plus for a lot of the season so far, but the pistes have still been maintained in really good nick! And it's been snowing since yesterday so a nice top-up for the slopes. I skied from Soll to Going over the weekend, and Going was surprisingly slushy, it was a good indicator of how well Soll is managing these warm conditions! Soll being North facing with lots of snowmaking is a big help. Re: Kufstein -vs- Wurgl, it's also much cheaper to get a taxi from Kufstein than from Wurgl, if that's your plan...
snow report
Soll yesterday Happy

ski holidays
Soll today Happy

snow report
Looks great! Two and a half weeks until we fly out Very Happy

I had a question that I wonder whether anyone knows the answer to. Our flight arrives in Salzburg at 1140 Saturday. Any idea what time we can expect to arrive in resort? We're with Crystal, and hoping to pick up our skis from SkiSet that afternoon / evening so it's all sorted ahead of first lifts on Sunday.

Also, what time do the first lifts open (on Sundays, if that makes a difference) from Soll? Keen to make the most of our time there!!
snow report
If you get away from Salzburg at say one o1clock, then you should be in resort by half two three ish. Plenty of time to get skiis sorted on the Saturday.
snow report
Humpfknick, Like, like, like!!

Just over a week till I'm out there, looking good!!
ski holidays
Yes +1 to what jafa said. Lifts open 8am. I woud definitely recommend you use the Edinger garage under teh gondola to store your equipment. €2 per day, boots are heated overnight & handed to you in the morning. great service Happy

The Talstation nect to the gondola does great homemade gluhwein, so you can store your equipment, get your liftpass at the Kasse under the Gondola, have a gluhwien (& lovely dutch-style chips!!) and then head down to teh Salven stadtl- where the fun begins!! Happy
snow report
jafa, Humpfknick, thank you. Timings all sound ideal then (provided our flight lands on time!). Hopefully we should have our lift passes already by then (already bought on offer from Crystal). I've made a note about Edinger Sport - sounds worth the money.
ski holidays
There is absolutely no question about it- the other garage at the bottom of the hill is a disaster!! Well, IMO wink
latest report
Really Humpfknick, oh dear, I'm booked with them on the 8th Feb, ah well, I'm pretty easygoing and as long as the conditions are okay I won't stress too much.
snow report
BAJJ, In that case my advice to you is to take the button lift up & ski over to the gondola- easier than walking, and waiting for the bus is a pain Happy
snow report
Some stunning inversions on the webcams at the moment by the way...
ski holidays
Humpfknick, Ah got you, more of a location thing, we'll take that advice.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes- but it's also not serviced or heated, everyone's boots stored on open shelving so a bit of a free for all, AND stiff boots to greet you in the morning...

AFAIK only the TO's put people in there... With a kiddy, I would definitely consider taking the hit & changing up to the Edinger- it'll be a a LOT less hassle in the morning, go straight there in the morning, get your gear handed to you nice and warm and dry, and you've only to carry the skis as far as the gondola. The button lift up from Stoll will have a queue at that time of morning, and the ski busses up will be jammered (AND you'll have 2 pairs of skis!!)(And finally, as a Brucie bonus, the Edinger has 2 big x-boxes for the kids) It's €2 per day, but well worth it IMO wink
snow report
Humpfknick, I used the Edinger last time in Soll and yes it was excellent, I remember upgrading my skis mid week and they didn't charge, we were there first thing in the morning and last in in the evenging and I think they were impressed, really friendly, in fact I really can't think why I didn't book with them this time around rolling eyes . I have already booked my sons kit and skis for me, will edinger store these??
snow conditions
Haha well in that case you'd be sorely disappointed by the Stoll, lol!! Yes they'll store your gear no prob, just not helmets Happy And yeah the guys are great craic, and so helpful, it's a no brainer!! Wink
snow report
Hi,

In Andorra we purchased "7 in 10 days" ski-passes and kept rented skis for all 10 days. And we were allowed to pay for 7-day rent of skis. What about Soll? Puzzled
We are staying there for 6 full days, and I'm considering buying 5 in 7 days ski passes.
ski holidays
solopov, yes you can buy 5 in 7 ski passes, prices here http://www.skiwelt.at/en/normal-tariff.html

Re: Rental- The lift pass and ski rental are seperate, so I would imagine you pay for the number of days you have the skis for, regardless of your lift pass BUT I'm sure you could come to a deal with the shop if you ask?! wink
ski holidays
Soll today:

latest report
Stunning ! Only 8 days before we're out there Very Happy
ski holidays
Just checked the webcams Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 1 week to go Little Angel
latest report
It does look to be fairly dumping just now on the webcams!! snowHead
snow report
Only 79 more KM's of runs and 12 more lifts to open wink
ski holidays
Pretty sure all those lifts are drags anyway and being a snowboarder it doesn't bother me! Very Happy
joe
snow report
There are a few of us snowheads heading out separately this weekend so any chance for an update from the eyes on the ground so to speak? Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy