Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soll, Ski Welt updates and tips.

Poster: A snowHead
Heading out there with a family group on the 4th of January. I've been there 3 times before last time 2012. Be great to hear updates on ski and Après.
14 cm of fresh snow forecast Boxing Day, and I believe Frog on the Tyne are back out there for the New Year! Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes they are!! Pistes are in great condition at the moment, off-piste not so great but snow is forecast for Tue & Wed so fingers crossed!! Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread for my two trips this coming year!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Me too - will be going there on Feb 1st. Have a great trip scarlet fez - look forward to reading your trip report Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
joe1978, when are you going?! Scarletgirl, not long till then! And that should be a good week. I'm home for Christmas, back on Friday- trying to not wish Christmas away lol!! Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
First trip is with crystal arriving 1/2/14 then a DIY Wed-Sun effort flying into Mumich with the lads 5/3/14.
Looking forward to it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah yes, sorry I think you may have already said that somewhere on here Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just had a look at the webcam - a bit more snow needed I think rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
10-20cms forecast for tomorrow Scarletgirl, and definitely needed for off-piste, but the pistes are in good shape Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Heading to Soll 8th February - never been to the Ski Welt since I was 5 (always France / Scotland since) so would welcome any tips about the town / slopes / buses etc. Very Happy

Webcams look OK at the moment, but haven't seen a big fall of fresh snow for a while...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Denfinella you will love it, been three times before with a group of good skiers I and am returning this Saturday with a large family group. Big dump of snow forecast for this coming Sunday. Not that they will need it but Ski Welt has the biggest snow canon system in Austria.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Scarlet! Looking forward to it loads.

Looks like the snow may be rain at resort level - nevertheless looks like most of the area including the valley runs is open. Do you have any experience of the buses? We're staying on the other side of town from the gondola base.

Have fun next week.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What hotel?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pension Scherntanner. Think it may be fairly basic, but it was a good deal!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't know the Scherntanner but have a look at trip advisor there are some useful bits and pieces on bus times etc and recommending hiring a ski locker to keep you boots and ski up by the gondola which I would endorse, numerous good bars but the Salven Stadl was our favourite great atmosphere with good live music both Après ski and in the evening.
snow conditions
Thanks, will do. Re. hiring a ski locker, do you have to book that in advance? We're hiring with SkiSet but they're in town. We'll be picking equipment up on Saturday night I think.
latest report
Here's the link to the Garage under the gondola, you can book in advance if you like, it will be open till 2130 on Sat night for nightskiing so you can drop your Equipment up then, or Sunday morning before you hit the slopes Happy http://www.sport-edinger.at/index.php/eng
snow report
Some nice snowscaping en route to Westendorf today wink

snow report
Humpfknick, thanks so much. Looks like a classy place! Edinger Sport I mean, not the slope above...

Probably won't book unless you think it's likely to be full. And presumably you don't save money by pre-booking?
snow report
denfinella, early Feb will be fine, and yes it's a classy place lol- great service & the guys are great fun. Takes the pain out of boot changing Wink
ski holidays
I don't think you save money by pre-booking, but I'll ask later & let you know if yes. All the slopes are open, snow is forecast & cannons are working away so slopes are in pretty good nick. A nice dump of snow would be very welcome though! Smile
snow conditions
Keeping an eye on the web cams but so good to hear from someone who's actually there - thanks humpfknick. Another month before we go but sooooo looking forward to the week Smile
ski holidays
Scarletgirl, no worries at all, delighted to help! And denfinella I checked, no reduction for advance booking, so no worries you can just book when you arrive Smile
snow conditions
Fantastic Smile you're a star.

Scarletgirl, I've been keeping an eye on the cams too - looks like it was snowing pretty heavily this afternoon for a while.
ski holidays
Snowing all day today Happy

ski holidays
That's great news. Lots of doom and gloom being reported just now re conditions. A bit of the white stuff and it's all forgotten.
snow report
I know joe1978!! You can sit around all day analysing freeze/thaw levels, or you can take a look at the ACTUAL weather wink
snow conditions
tick
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scarlet Fez, how was your trip? I keep looking at the web cams hoping to see more snow but it seems to be getting warmer out there Crying or Very sad
latest report
Trip was great, don't worry there is plenty of snow on the pistes. That does not mean they could not do with some of the white stuff. I have never seen Austria so green in January. When you drove from airport there was no snow on the roadside at all for half an hour. Crying or Very sad The problem was the temp was 6'c during the day and to mild for the snow cannons. Forecast to be a lot colder over there this week. The pistes down to the Soll gondola were open all be it surrounded by green.
Having gone back to Soll this time with family group which included a couple of beginners as previously stated the pistes once they go up the mountain are quite a challenge for the nervous but they got over it!!
Soll was still great for Après and the the regulars Frog on the Tyne were great as well as Ray Mc and Cuckooif you like live music. Prices for drinks and food seemed to be similar as 2 years ago from my last visit. Stayed at the Feldwebel this time, very good but not quite as good as the Postwirt but that is reflected in the price.
Brixen runs seem to be very heavy due to the sun and it was not possible to get back from Westendorf to Brixen but that is as far as the restriction to other areas we were aware of. Hope this helps. You'll have a great time Scarletgirl. Sounds like a lot of my mates had a great time in Paris last weekend!
Really spoilt this year I'm off to Saalbach on Saturday with my normal 'Gang'! Very Happy
latest report
Ray Mc, Scarlet Fez?! Or Rossy Mac...?! Lol wink Great to hear you enjoyed it- yes VERY lucky you off again to Saalbach- you'll be a shadow of your former self by the end of it lol!! Happy
ski holidays
Apologies if I got the name wrong. Have to admit I had a few light ales when Glen The DJ did the announcing. During the week there were some fantastic guest appearances by other Acts in the resort as well as some very talented folk on their hols as well.
ski holidays
Haha!! Ah yes. The SalvenStadtl does indeed serve a rather nice sweet sherry, lol wink
snow report
Scarlet Fez, a great result in Paris Very Happy Does Rossini & the Red Horse have some bands or are the best still in Salvenstadle & Postwirt? Still 3 weeks to go but ticking off the days now. So lucky to be going again - have a great time Little Angel
latest report
Scarletgirl, I am 100% biased in favour of the SalvenStadtl & Postwirt, Rossini & Red Horse don't even come close!! Atmosphere is everything for me wink
snow report
Have to agree with Humpfnick, Salvenstadl was always my après bar of choice. Had a couple of good late nights at the Whiskey Mule as well. So really nothing changed since my last visits. We returned to Dave's Sporfs for our ski hire, excellent value for money and great equipment. Very helpful staff.
latest report
Humpfknick, Scarlet Fez, Excellent - my 2 favourite places in Soll Laughing Thanks both - getting more excited by the day!!
ski holidays
Snowing in Soll right now!! Smile
latest report
Humpfknick, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
And more due tomorrow I believe, keep the faith Scarletgirl you will be fine. Same snow due in Saalbach this week as well so I'm a happy bunny. Little Angel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy