Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel - current status from travelling SHs

Poster: A snowHead
BergenBergen wrote:
@kent_999s last night were saying 'Unconfirmed reports of Eurotunnel services being suspended due to 'illegal immigrants' walking inside the Tunnel towards UK' , so dont know if that is causing todays problems

surely the trains can just run them over without too much issue??

Glad you didn't have too much issue in the end jbob, and good luck to all those traveling.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know what all the fuss was all about, drove straight to a check in booth, then drove right onto the train without stopping at either passport control or the holding area and to top it all, I managed to get on a train leaving half an hour earlier than the one I was booked on!

This was on Friday afternoon.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any updates? Has anyone crossed this morning? We are set to arrive at Folkestone two hours early but the website is showing 30 min delays. Should we kill time elsewhere? Last thing I want is to spend more time there than I have to but then if we can arrive early we might make up for the delay. How do they operate, still keep people on or after their booked time or any chance of an earlier train? Any thoughts?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
said 60mins due to "unforeseen capacity" when I checked just now
how do they not foresee the number of cars that have booked thru their online booking system?
better not be an hour delay, else I'll wish I'd just booked the ferry.

also don't know what the fuss is all about. checkin the other day was no faster that P+O, time from checkin to departure was no appreciable difference. wobbliness on board no different to 95% of most journeys I've been on (and coming from kent that's an awful lot - several hundred trips). But was windy the other night, so happy to pay 90quid more to save 45mins on an 8hour (plus crossing) journey. Only booked it to see what the fuss was about. Shame there's no double up tescos vouchers for us on the continent.

I'm going there exactly on time, and expecting to be on time.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andy, just seen it now says 60 mins Sad Are you going today?

We are now half an hour away and so will be very early, tryng to decide whether to go somewhere else for two hours or worth trying to get in and on early to mitigate the delay Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
can you leave the terminal and come back later if it is hellish?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sarah, I don't think you can as

1) your car has been registered by the ANPR on the way in.
2) the road system is designed to be one way only,
3) It is also in the middle of nowhere, so there's not a lot of point...

Saying all that, sounds negative, it's not so bad really - you're going Skiing, I'm in the office....

Good luck.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 27-12-13 12:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
think once you hit the booths, you're committed?
1500ish today. will be might p155ed off if i'm delayed more than 30mins total.

edit: and i guess you can just keep driving round the shopping carpark if it's full since (every 15mins?) there'll be people leaving.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Now at Maidstone (I think) services having a mcds. Just don't know whether arriving early will mean a longer wait there or not, if they keep you to your booked time or there is an element of arrival time.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
setting off in an hour. should be 50min drive. all i know is that most of the crossings from morning till 1500 were full, which i why i got 1500 not 1000-1100ish. cba to go at 6am.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
damn saying 30min checkin delay, 60 in the terminal.
wish I'd booked P+O now.
about to set off in a bit.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
we are going straight there now as it's just getting worse
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ditto
would like to get home before midnight. i think that idea is out of the window already.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
unforeseen capacity restrictions Puzzled what does that mean exactly? Mad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
arrived, its queued up back down the slip road Sad
snow conditions
That reminds me of flying to Salzburg to go to Saalbach for Christmas years ago on a Crystal package from Gatwick - huge hassle there as 'adoesll these people are turning up with skis and we weren't expecting them' (even though all ski equipment had been booked in advance).

Hope it doesn't get worse and worse - our son is booked back to UK around 7.30 this evening.
ski holidays
Pamski, it seems ok french side, just this side unfortunately. I am not surprised really to be honest, we are always travelling peak periods though usually the day before the busiest day and we are always delayed. I don't think we've ever actually got on on time. Should have come straight here though at the first whiff of delay Sad
ski holidays
now saying one hour delay to get on to terminal and then one hour in terminal Sad no wonder they haven't got an active twitter account Mad

andy, ferries showing 70 mins delay so not much better
ski holidays
its now up to 90 mins to get in Skullie don't the police have something to say about queuing down the motorway?

we are at the booth now, taken over 40 mins and now behind a belgie who has credit card failure Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
I'll have a P please Bob Laughing

can you tell i'm bored Laughing
ski holidays
Just think about this time tomorrow sarah!
latest report
davkt, we'll still be on the road! only planned to get as far as Reims tonight.

andy, good luck, we've been allocated a crossing exactly one hour after our booked one, whether we actually cross then remains to be seen. Terminal car park not that bad considering, i have seen it worse but it is filling up. Hubby just been in says its bedlam and sold out of newspapers as has everywhere in Kent it seems Mad
snow report
OK, well enjoy some of what Reims does best tonight!
ski holidays
sarah, hope you have a good trip down after an annoying start.
snow conditions
davkt, pam w, thanks, they are giving out samples of four flavours of Baileys in the terminal and as I am not driving I decided to take advantage Laughing
snow report
we have got through to the lanes now but the boards are now saying 75 mins delays. The car park is now chocka and there are people parked everywhere on double yellows and verges and blocking others in, just witnessed a bad case of parking rage as someone came the wrong way into a row to nip into a space but to be fair they had been waiting on a nearby double yellow, there was much efffin and shouting, good job an ET employee was near as at one point it looked as if a punch might be thrown Shocked

andy, how are you getting on?
snow report
20min check in. 45min and 3 tours of parking to park up. Check in bloke said hour delay. My train is 90 mins after booking time.
Never travelling et again.
If busy, it's 5h1t. Would be on ferry by now normally.
ski holidays
Oh and free WiFi is knackered. So on 3g roaming. Dum de dum waiting for letter X...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andy, i got free wifi in car park just now. where are you parked? I know there's not a choice but we got up near the slip road to the lanes so as soon as our letter was called we were through. I reckon we were in the first handful of cars of our letter through and we are boarding 20 mins ahead of our time on the board with the two preceding letters, fingers crossed now!
snow conditions
on train now signing off, good luck andy
snow conditions
Parked half on a crossing far end of crossing that leads to the door. Will also go the moment it's called. Think too many trying to connect. 3G only costs me 2eur/day.
ski holidays
Hmm saying 75min delay. Funny that cos my departure has just been put back to 105 min delay.
Should've got the ferry. Longest delay I had in force 7 gale that way was less.
Good luck anyone else going that way, you'll need it.
ski holidays
Champers in hand now all is well Smile
latest report
Our scheduled departure was 18.36 but on arrival put back to 19.50. However just about to board now so looks like things are improving!
latest report
This is where their FlexiPlus really comes into its own. You get there, go through the flexiplus-only gate, and drive onto the next train (at the front of the queue), no matter what time you arrive. We've only once had trouble with it, on the French side when they decided to just abandon everyone and we waited for hours with everyone else...but never had an issue on the UK side.

Glad you're through now!
ski holidays
95mins delay in the end. In Belgium now. No urgent intention to use them ever again, unless they halve their price and sort out their carpark.
snow report
Good stuff sarah, enjoy!
snow report
Bad luck. We travelled yesterday- from check in to train departing in 20mins!
ski holidays
Szymon wrote:
This is where their FlexiPlus really comes into its own. You get there, go through the flexiplus-only gate, and drive onto the next train (at the front of the queue), no matter what time you arrive. We've only once had trouble with it, on the French side when they decided to just abandon everyone and we waited for hours with everyone else...but never had an issue on the UK side.

Glad you're through now!

No Flexiplus no good when the queue is down the slip road as you cant actually get to the flexiplus lane! We waited 40 mins from arrival to the check-in gate and behind us it was worse. So even with Flexiplus you still had to wait until you could get to the booth, after that you were ok I guess.

I think it will be worse still tomorrow.

Have just enjoyed a very nice meal in our hotel in Reims but glad we reserved a table yesterday, when we arrived the hotel was quiet but has really filled up to the point where people are now queuing for a table, the aftermath of the Eurotunnel delays I think!
ski holidays
Ignoring the wait to get to a checkin booth, when ET is beyond capacity and you get put on the train you're told, does flexi plus make you skip already checked in passengers?
Just got to services near cologne. Think I just beat 2x 50 seater coaches!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy