Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel - current status from travelling SHs

Poster: A snowHead
Good luck all

Lorry traffic tailed back on M20, no trains timetabled, fingers crossed

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 3-01-14 17:53; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boris, Avago ad reported at 5.30 this morning that there is a four hour delay - technical problems.
Our daughter came over last night and she said the lorry traffic was delaying everything on the road - they missed booked train but were on the next one - and are expected within the hour -
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Number plate recognized seems bust as well
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hope its cleared by this afternoon!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're booked on hour later than planned

Sorry for those travelling later as can't see this getting any better
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boris, what a pain, not what you want at the beginning of the holiday, hope the rest of the journey goes smoothly.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/traveller-info/latest/ is claiming 30 minutes delay at the moment. Hope it's not got (much) worse by tonight.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The problem is backlog of lorries caused by ferry cancellations. Plus backlog of signal failure last night. Lorry jam is causing delays getting into terminal at moment. Once through is about 30 min delay. Seem to be running car trains at max capacity so should clear

Twitter your best bet for current situation from people there
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just boarding for 8.20 departure delayed from 8.06
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
But everyone always gets on an earlier tunnel crossing for no extra cost, unlike ferry who always have to wait (they don't) Wink

€191 tunnel... £36 each way for ferry... hmmm... and I only know this cos I checked the tunnel prices "just in case the third mother of all storms this Autumn blows Kent away again".

CYALL on P+O, Monday evening, although I'm concerned that the 45mins extra crossing time will severely affect my 8 hour (plus crossing) journey time Wink

edit: thanks for the warning though that everything is screwed up
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not sure I call a 15 minute delay too screwed up. Hopefully this means they have sorted the problem and dealt with backlog so those travelling later will be fine. Wouldn't want to be in a truck though - a lot of them stacked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Annie, it was screwed earlier.. sHAGinBoots and party were delayed 4 hours until after 2:00am scuppering their plans of driving through the night
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hrm...when the M20 stacks up with lorries, can cars (and big 4x4's) still get through? Or should I be looking for an alternative route for today? (Is there one??!?!).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We were told 2 hour delay when booking in. We finally boarded at 5:10 - 4 hours late. Our journey has so far been a nightmare due to hitting work/school etc. traffic......but on the plus side, we are on holiday Toofy Grin

Good luck to anyone travelling this weekend and Merry Christmas snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Check the cameras to see the current situation.

This one currently shows exit from M20 is clear:

http://www.trafficengland.com/trafficcamera.aspx?cameraUri=http://public.hanet.org.uk/cctvpublicaccess/html/17042.html

But a bit further down currently there are two lanes of lorries queuing - at least the right-hand lane is clear:

http://www.trafficengland.com/trafficcamera.aspx?cameraUri=http://public.hanet.org.uk/cctvpublicaccess/html/17063.html

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 20-12-13 13:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I'm doing the 7.20pm train tonight. I have my fingers crossed.
ski holidays
J9, please post how you get on - I hope the lorries are clearign by then - we go early tomorrow
snow conditions
We're off this afternoon, on a flexi-plus ticket which in theory means we can turn up any time -- the train is booked for late evening but we're hoping to get there around 6pm or so. I guess that might not happen if the traffic is bad :-|
latest report
Just arriving at tunnel check in. Slip road clear .long queue of freight but car check in clear. No delays
snow report
Hells Bells, lovely, have a great trip
snow report
And you xx
ski holidays
We will join the love-in, you all have a happy and safe journey Happy
snow report
Good luck all.
snow report
Hells Bells, glad to things sound clear. holidayloverxx, I will definitely post here and let you know how it is going.
snow report
The roads down to the tunnel were fine especially considering it is rush hour. Straight onto a train and just waiting for it to depart.
snow conditions
We are on the train leaving at 19:36. The M25 was horrible but once we hit the M20 proper it was plain sailing Happy
snow report
J9, Szymon, thank you
snow report
When I go I'm leaving Wales at 01:30 and cross at 06:50. Hopefully avoid all rush hours although I'll be shattered come mid day.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Half hour queue for the toll booths around 8pm, but we made our 9.20 crossing okay - actually ended up on the 9.06.

Now collapsing for a few hours in a PC before hitting the autoroute at 6am.
latest report
Wow, drove straight through the night and arrived at Chamrousse at 7am!! Never done that before. I'm not tired at all Happy. Just waiting for the accomodation reception to open in the hope that we can get a room early, if not then no idea what we will do Happy
ski holidays
Sorry to hear of delays, glad it cleared. We got on about an hour later and had a smooth trip. Now in Vallandry
latest report
We are on at mid day tomorrow, fingers crossed.
latest report
Have fun everyone in somewhere hilly and snowy!
ski holidays

Arrive two hours early. Chaos in terminal from technical problem! Still due to leave
On correct train:)
snow conditions
Oops 13.20 now 13.36.
snow conditions
Oops 13.36 becomes 14.20!!
ski holidays
@kent_999s last night were saying 'Unconfirmed reports of Eurotunnel services being suspended due to 'illegal immigrants' walking inside the Tunnel towards UK' , so dont know if that is causing todays problems
ski holidays
Wagons roll 13.42
ski holidays
Didn't see any Afgans in the tunnel. Now safely ensconced in the Campanile in Reims. The run down was F wet, thought I was in a boat at times, thank god for the snow tyres wink

I hope some of this hits the Alps.
ski holidays
bump - regular updates. Pleeeeeease
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy