Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The perils of using a satnav in the mountains.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is my favourite 'sat nav lead me astray' story ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2440539/Syrian-lorry-driver-takes-a-1600-mile-detour-to-Gibraltar-via-Skegness-thanks-to-sat-nav.html

You would think he might have thought something was wrong when he had to cross the Channel !!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We use a satnav, great technology & I love the fact that you get your ETA, whilst my wife always has a map in her hand & closely follows them/checks that the machine knows where it's going, we have, sometimes when in the Alps decided on an alternative route to what the satnav would have us follows...the key is to think logically & be aware of the terrain/weather.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

What is the right route

the one I told them to use. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

What is the right route

the one I told them to use. Twisted Evil

If it was an IT problem, then I'd say this falls into the category of "problem exists between keyboard and chair"
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thirty06, Ive got 2 holidays booked where we are hiring a car. the first one in January is from Lyon to La Tania, the second in March is Geneva to Les Saisies but both from the airport

Idris, must have been having a blonde moment. Ive never driven on French roads. so when you say tolls, is it like a barrier that you have to throw change into? and how much are these tolls? and how many are there?

pam w, will definitley contact you closer to the time to check out route and hopefully meet up again too x
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
polo99, re: the question posed Idris' way. Yes. From Lyon to La Tania it's something like €20 each way. You pay in a few of stages, the last one as you approach Albertville from Chambery. You can pay a person, put coins into the slot (or indeed notes), or pay by card. Spookily, you never have to put your number in, whether you pay a person or machine by card! Payment will be on the left, remember.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
halfhand wrote:
polo99, If in doubt over the satnav directions consult google maps itself. I find the actual map part of google maps to be quite good.

I also use google street view to actually look at road junctions and know what to expect. I always do this if I know I don't have too many turn offs (I can only memorise so many photos)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy