Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone ever tried this when buying lift passes with tour operators?

Poster: A snowHead
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
I book at least one trip a season with crystal, neilson or Inghams. When looking at options online tonight I noticed lift passes for over 65 are cheaper ...... Toofy Grin
Just wondered if anyone had ever paid the cheaper price and got away with it!?

The guys on the piste never check your passes.... So who would know?

When you fill in the booking online with at least one of the TO you don't have to put your age when booking...

Sorry if a lot are you are thinking ' how dare he even think such a thing ' but a deals a deal whe your on a budget.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
andybabes, how close are you to 65?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welll, you'd want to at least LOOK somewhere near 65, or risk having it confiscated wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Humpfknick, but who checks?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Get your grandkids to make you a fake ID lol wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lol I said 52 not 62
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh I'm forgetting you won't have a photo on it for just the week. In that case I dunno, if you pick it up from the TO I can't really imagine the lift guys checking. BUT they're very strict on these things, if you have to pick it up from the cashier you'll prob need ID...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I always take my snowboard with me and past three trips not paid carriage and got away with it........they defo never question you when you return home.. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A 52 year old masquerading as a 65 year old snowboarder. What could go wrong??! Make sure you report back, lol!!!! wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Humpfknick, yeah if you book it with the TO they sometimes give you it on the bus ...failing that you get it at breakfast next day, never had to pick one up from the kiosks
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Humpfknick, I think you will have a photo.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As you go through the turnstile to get on a lift, it flags up whether you have a child's lift pas, or an adult's pass, or a senior citizen pass.

So you are at risk of it being checked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name, I would like to distance myself from this post, lol!! I have a season ticket & would NEVER risk having it confiscated- the shame!!! And what JohnHSmith says is right, it does flag what card you have & shows the photo if there is one. I guess andybabes is banking on them not asking him to verify his OAP status Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've been checked and seen confiscations and fines in Grand Massif and TeleVerbier. Good Luck!
ski holidays
What's the difference in price?? For the amount of times you will use a lift and have that nagging feeling in the back of your mind is it worth it??
latest report
speedy wrote:
What's the difference in price?? For the amount of times you will use a lift and have that nagging feeling in the back of your mind is it worth it??

mebbe he just wants a cheap buzzzz , like semi-pro shoplifters?
snow report
Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
andybabes, I don't know what area you're going to but in the 3V's even a TO can't buy a concession pass without proof of age. i.e. they have to take your passport to the ticket office.
snow report
Raceplate, yeah I'd be very surprised if you got away with this. It's a revenue generating exercise, they're not going to release concession passes willy nilly...

Hey how about you bring a commode and a box of complan with you? And rattley false teeth? Might up the authenticity a bit wink
ski holidays
OMG the robo-censor let me say willy!!

This game of beat-the-censor will never get old lol wink
ski holidays
You gotta state the date of birth of all those travelling in the 'passenger details' section of the online form, iirc. So I doubt that you could get away with it. God loves a trier though!
ski holidays
When on a budget one goes to cheaper resorts instead of trying to cheat the lift company. Or learns to skin to save on lift passes. Getting a senior citizen pass is a ridiculous idea. Just imagine the embarrassment of being caught...
ski holidays
As JohnHSmith, says, as you go through the ticket barrier a buzzer sounds, everyone looks at you, the lifties sprint out of their little hut to help you and your zimmer frame onto the lift and they slow the lift down especially for you. They then phone the top so that assistance is also available when you get off. And all this at a reduced rate.
snow conditions
Thanks for the response.
I better pay the correct fee.
Just won't have to eat that week.
Now where did I put my violin?
ski holidays
johnE, lol!!! And the snowboard and Zimmer frame will look so GOOD together!! Wink
snow report
What a scaffy thing to even consider. Shame on you Shock
ski holidays
Your TO know you are a 52 year old right wad.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I saw a fair few ski passes confiscated last year, they are much hotter than you think.
ski holidays
Same in Paradiski a few obvious checks but lots more subtle ones with the lights on the gate and the pass coming up on the monitor in the shed!
snow report
I guess its a matter of integrity. I'm honestyl not judging you andybabes, it comes down to how comfortable you are with lying. Have a good trip.
ski holidays
I hope you do it and get caught.

all the best.
ski holidays
eddiethebus wrote:
I hope you do it and get caught.

all the best.

Ah this thread is hiarious- its like being back in school lol!!! Happy
ski holidays
andybabes, Like the others have said you might get checked at the lift. I seem to recall having to give date of births for the whole group online when I booked with Crystal last time. If they decide to check your DOB/Passport you could be pulled up in the airport because your details don't match? Unlikely I know, but all the same.......
ski holidays
Humpfknick wrote:
johnE, lol!!! And the snowboard and Zimmer frame will look so GOOD together!! Wink

Atomic actually did something similar to this for beginners - picture waist high grab rails, fore and aft of the bindings.
snow report
andybabes, My daughter worked the past two seasons as a chalet host and dreaded punters like you, quite often would be the ones booking right at the last minute and then on arrival would be the ones complaining the most - and above all else be the biggest cheap skates going and most demanding - and then when it came to giving a tip at the end of the week after she's cleared your sink of your vomit a couple of times after you've got pissed on the cheap booze you went and got from the super market because you would not buy from the chalet bar because you were caught not being honest about the beers you took and not putting your name on the honesty tab after necking as much free wine as you could after dinner etc etc rolling eyes
snow conditions
Quote:

As you go through the turnstile to get on a lift, it flags up whether you have a child's lift pas, or an adult's pass, or a senior citizen pass.

depends on area, I suppose, but in ours there are screens which show the lifties your electronic photo - which you do need for a week. AND I had to show proof of my qualifying for an OAP lift pass (did it on line, scanned my passport) which didn't give much of a discount anyway.

If you plan to try to defraud the system probably best not advertising the fact on the internet. Can't really expect the rest of us, who play by the rules, to approve!

OAP snowboarders are probably sufficiently rare to merit a second glance.
ski holidays
I'm 55 but my vanity wouldn't allow me try to pass for 65. Might go for a student pass though wink
snow report
Quote:

my vanity wouldn't allow me try to pass for 65

why not? They'd be thinking "Wow, isn't he great for his age!"
snow report
Weathercam wrote:
andybabes, My daughter worked the past two seasons as a chalet host and dreaded punters like you, quite often would be the ones booking right at the last minute and then on arrival would be the ones complaining the most - and above all else be the biggest cheap skates going and most demanding - and then when it came to giving a tip at the end of the week after she's cleared your sink of your vomit a couple of times after you've got pissed on the cheap booze you went and got from the super market because you would not buy from the chalet bar because you were caught not being honest about the beers you took and not putting your name on the honesty tab after necking as much free wine as you could after dinner etc etc rolling eyes

Oh that's whose daughter it was wink Thought she looked a bit narky on the last morning.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy