Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can anyone explain Boot flex ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Put back the spoiler if you want, better still buy a real one and get it fitted at a good store. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
or take your ankles to a good boot grinder. i'll shanve half an inch off your leg. that'llk heklp.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Put back the spoiler if you want, better still buy a real one and get it fitted at a good store. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

What's wrong with the Salomon ones? What are "real" ones? More kit to buy? snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What's a spoiler Puzzled
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar.org.uk, could be

a) Someone who stops you having fun,
b) Being told what happens in a book/film/game/play,
c) The bit of plastic that sticks up highest on the back of your ski boot.

Mmmmmm wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marc gledhill, OK, assuming I guess correctly (c) what does it do? I think there's something like that on my boots, and it seems to be whre the velcro strap is mounted.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar.org.uk, thats the rub. I've no idea at all. If it's moveable I used to just set it as high as possible. Last year ssh suggested that may result in the forward lean being too much, so I tried moving it down.

I can't feel much of a change to be honest.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spoilers are uesd to take up space in the back of the boot. It helps keep you in the centre of your skis, by stopping you leaning back. In fact it doesn't stop you leaning back, it just makes the effects of leaning back more dramatic, therefore encouraging you not to. By holding you here you will keep contact with the front of you boot, having you in better position to drive through the shell and turning better. Salomon race spoilers cost around 10-20 euros and should never be mounted higher than 1cm below the height of your liner. Be careful with these, if you drop big and land in the back seat you'll increase the stress on the knees ten fold. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Apart from the VEE cut, what else could be done to soften the flex of the X-Wave 8s ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Softer liner, or remove the plastic schim from the existing one, this may ruin the existing liner will need to check on that later. Twisted Evil
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi

I am posting this to hopefully save anyone in the Sydney Australia area the hassle, pain, expense, of ill fitting ski boots. There is shop to avoid called Snow Bound in Sydney NSW. They walk the walk and talk the talk, but do not deliver. I had an expensive pair of boots ruined by this shop, I went to them to have some liners moulded, form fitted. The result was a complete disaster their staff have no idea on how to fit boots, I had bruised feet and the pain prevented me from skiing in the boots. They really took me to the cleaners, and also my wife at the same time (the same problems). I will not go on about it further, but do yourself a favour they are useless, save yourself the time and money, and pain AVOID THEM AS YOU WOULD THE PLAGUE. - Cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy