Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Encouraging or Teaching Your Other Half To Ski/Snowboard? Seriously is she worth it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
abc, I was teasing - your wish to express your "womanhood" through having pink flowery sports equipment just made me think of my 3 year old niece sticking her "fairy princess" stickers all over her pink and purple bike. The saddle is a Selle "DIVA girl power..." which sounds like it was named by the Spice Girls, but the flower is probably too discreet to express this to other people I'm afraid.... very comfortable though and completely changed my perception of cycling - very glad to have had a female cyclist's advice on the issue.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
miranda, the Diva logo might be about this https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/78098/Action-Medical-Research-Diva-100---Ladies-Only-Ride

women-only cycle rides. I nearly did one once...... wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

For our first few holidays together my OH and I both went to ski school - he to learn, and I to find like minded people of similar standard to ski with. All of my class was "other halves" of beginners/intermediates for several years running - fun and sociable for both of us, skiing with people at the same level and also with each other after lessons. You don't have to spend every minute together.

+1
Mrs T and I did this, she did beginner / intermediate classes and I did "Ski Elite" unfortunately the others in Ski Elite were hardly Elite and when the powder came, the instructor took us in it just for the rest of the class to fall on the first couple of turns and declare they didn't want to go there again, later I would find the T club rep with no other clients so we would find something silly to do.

Unfortunately, Mrs T has never wanted to go beyond easy red runs, one of my 14 yr olds with slight cerebral palsy has now said she does not want to ski anymore, which is sad, as the last time she skied she was really coming on well, skiing independantly, getting down the mountain without additional help. Her twin sister is even more cautious than her mum and has some knee problems.

My last hope is my 6 yr old that was skiing down the mountain at 4, looks a natural on skis and at most other activities she tries, it looks like it could be just me and the little one in future as the rest of the family want summer holidays in the sun.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I cycle with my OH and she is just as good a skier as me.

For us it is important that we enjoy the same things and we are lucky that we can. My best time skiing are the runs we share together. I can't see that much fun in skiing on your own.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm with some of the others on here. The original post was pretty sexist and therefore offensive, regardless of who posted it.

My OH took up skiing because of me. I encouraged him and still remain the better skier despite the fact that I'm female. He seems to be able to cope with this and doesn't find it a threat to his manhood; he's quite simply a better man that that. I have also encouraged him to take up ski tuning, so results all round.

Oh and our kids, 11 and 8 are way better skiers than either of us and we're not at all blinkered about that
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gryphea wrote:
I'm with some of the others on here. The original post was pretty sexist and therefore offensive, regardless of who posted it.

I guess one doesn't need to be a sexist to write a sexist article!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
emwmarine wrote:
you just need to ensure that you smooth in lots of Assoss anti-chafeing cream before you go for a ride.

And they say cyclists aren't a pack of weirdos anymore...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy