Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FR: Sainte Foy 2013/14

Poster: A snowHead
The free ride completion has been postponed because of a lack of snow on the face where it takes place , in other words there are still some rocks not compleatly covered for those mutters who ski down cliffs . when I left Sunday all the main runs were open and the upper part of the
Ski area had enough snow for safe off piste . The days are short and with very little traffic the warm sun this week shouldn't do too much damage , new snow and cold temp next week all will be fine .
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep, saw the cold coming in a forecast, hoping for a tidy dump before we arrive! Which face was the Freeride going to be on?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Under the top lift
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
How are things at the moment?
Did thursday nights precipitation fall as rain or snow at resort level ??

Out on the 25th, do i need to pack snowboard or mountain bike Puzzled
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rob Mackley, no, it was to be on "The Cross", I think.

qwertyuiop7, there's loads of snow, pay no attention to the alarmists. Was a mix of rain & snow on Thursday night.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stevomcd, good to hear! We'll be with you a week tomorrow Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well overdue an update here.

It's a bit good at the moment:

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi i am new to the forum,have been skiing in set foy for the last 9 seasons never been let down by the snow always somewhere to play.i hear there is snow of some degree forecast for this week coming,i am arriving 25th jan,would be good to catch up with any other forum members out there the same time.HB
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
POWDER DAY !
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great half term week for snow , dumping again today , trees this afternoon and a Powder day tomorrow on transfer day .
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Heading to st foy on Saturday, how's the snow?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Phatchick, awesome. Rode powder all day today. More forecast for tomorrow.

Pic from above the top of the lifts today:

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks, looks great. Looking forward to it
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Back out on the 15th, with the really warm weather looking like it will last well in to next week, do you think there will be any chance of still finding some decent off-piste snow. Quite happy to hike for it, but will it be worth it??
Where do think will be my best chance and at what time of day?

I imagine the run out (icy path of death) to La Masure from Col Granier and La Foglietta will be horrid ??

Phil
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
qwertyuiop7 wrote:

I imagine the run out (icy path of death) to La Masure from Col Granier and La Foglietta will be horrid ??

Phil

The 'iPod' is always horrid wink
ski holidays
Shhhh, don't tell anyone but there is still powder left to be skied for those who look...

ski holidays
Quote:
The 'iPod' is always loads of fun.

Fixed that for you!

wink
snow conditions
stevomcd wrote:
Quote:
The 'iPod' is always loads of fun.

Fixed that for you!

wink

It was certainly in good shape yesterday, and nice and soft mid-afternoon...
ski holidays
Any chance of a piste condition report from Sainte Foy? Ta... Sad Sad Sad
ski holidays
Hard first thing in the morning, soft once the sun gets on them, slushy in the afternoon... (Though the snow due tomorrow and Sunday should change this temporarily until the sun comes out again...)
latest report
Mmmm ta, we arrive on the 5th.... Getting nervous about the increasing temps right now. Thank you for replying!
latest report
Fruity, conditions are totally normal for the time of year. There is plenty of snow-depth and lots of sunny skiing has been going on. I would happily put a substantial sum of money on there being full top-to-bottom, back to resort skiing when you arrive on the 5th. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

We have a very large snowfall forecast for the next couple of days too!
latest report
Very Happy excellent! Thank you!
ski holidays
stevomcd wrote:
We have a very large snowfall forecast for the next couple of days too!

Everyone is talking about a huge snowfall... all I am seeing on forecasts is 20cm (30 max)! Very happy to be proven wrong, but meteofrance for instance have never been quoting monster amounts, and the latest forecast is showing some precip today and lighter precip tomorrow now...

Admittedly we are a little way away but it is currently still bone dry in Bozel.
snow report
offpisteskiing, it's backed-off a bit from the initial predictions, but I'd still be pretty happy with 30cm!

My other half is in Geneva right now and is describing the weather as "apocalyptic".

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 22-03-14 11:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
To be honest, we will be delighted to see little and often through next week....but I fear the warmth returns the week after, but not complaining. It's after all, another week's skiing and a week off work!
latest report
Fruity, looks like being "seasonal average" temperatures as we go into April. Obviously, that means it'll be fairly mild, but not tropical like it was last week!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy