Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

~ BRA Ski Test :: Braehead SnowFactor 23rd Nov2013 ~

Poster: A snowHead
To show interest in the Ski Test at Brahead Click this:

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 17-12-13 18:25; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Ski Test at Brahead (BRASkiTest_2013) will run from 11AM to 4PM on Sat 23 Nov 2013

After our Ski Test in September turned out to be so popular, we've arranged a series of tests this November, in partnership with and co-promoted by Ellis Brigham as 'The Big Ski'.

The SnowFactor Braehead event will be on 23rd Nov.

The Ellis Brigham test stock will be there again (Those who met them at the EoSB know their test fleet is extensive) we can also expect Armada, Blizzard, Kneissl, Nordica and Rossignol who have all confirmed they'll be there.
We've also invited Whitedot, DPS and Kneissl.

This is a great chance to checkout the new models for the coming season. Whether you're looking to buy/upgrade this Winter or not, it's always good to experience different skis - teaches U a lot about your skiing!
...And besides, it great fun to hang out with a bunch of other snowHeads playing with skis! snowHead

The session will run from 11am to 4PM.
It's not easy getting discount in these places in November but we've actually got ourselves a really good price of:
£35 for a 4 hour slot during the session (or £30 for super/mega-snowHeads).
So choose whether you want your ticket to run from 11-3pm or 12-4pm.

Hit the button above and then select the 'Sign me up' option.

Everybody coming needs to sign up from their own snowHeads account (yes even kids) so if you've got a +1, please sort them out with their own snowHeads ID.
(I've made this big as no-one seemed to read it and I kept getting asked for +1's)
Are you coming to the BRASkiTest_2013?
I'm in - Sign me up for 11am - 3pm
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

I'm in - Sign me up for 12pm - 4pm
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Yes, almost certainly.
A snowHead
A snowHead

Hopefully so...
A snowHead

I'd love to have come but can't do the 23rd :-(
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

It was a button, I pressed it - I'll go now...
A snowHead
A snowHead

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A bra ski test. The mind boggles.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
achilles, I think your boggled mind is thinking of a ski-bra test?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am interested - but am pre-booked on a (non-skiing) course for work that weekend. In Nottingham. I would be interested in future events at Braehead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Committed to a winter show. So can't do that weekend
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helping son move house so I can't make it
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll be there. I'm a member of braehead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Should be there need a few things down in Glasgow so will go that weekend snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can't believe it.

Got an invite to a christening or baptism...... Whatever they are called. Can't go now. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hey-hey! Nice to see a few appearing on this list - I was getting worried that interest in skiing had died off North of the Border! Wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Puzzled hi , BRASkiTest_2013 , is there further cost on top of £35 , thanks.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
admin with the snow on the hills that might be a little bit of a distraction Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
osheye wrote:
Puzzled hi , BRASkiTest_2013 , is there further cost on top of £35 , thanks.
Well the beer and pizza's not free Wink

£35 is all you need to pay to get access to the test skis and ski for 4 hours.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh and Welcome to snowHeads osheye snowHead
latest report
So I'm pretty keen for this but a small complication is that I only have boots with a touring sole - any ideas whether there will be skis with dukes/fritschis or is it all alpine din bindings?
snow report
Swadster wrote:
So I'm pretty keen for this but a small complication is that I only have boots with a touring sole - any ideas whether there will be skis with dukes/fritschis or is it all alpine din bindings?

There probably won't be any Duke/Baron there, and there won't be Fritschi. There might be a couple of things with the Tyrolia AAAdrenaline / AAAmbition.

You could borrow rental boots, or if you let me know your mondo size I could see if we could get hold of any boots to try.
latest report
Any news if Whitedot are coming? long trip across from Northern Ireland, but i might try to do it if they are
snow report
admin, What's the form on Saturday - do we 'sign in' at EB - and what ID do we need ? I noted reference to a snowhead 'card' on one of the other ski test threads.
snow report
SkiG, sorry, we wont be there in person as we don't have the staff free however Ellis Brigham have got Directors, Preachers and Redeemer Carbonlites in their test fleet that will be there I'm sure.
ski holidays
SkiG, which Whitedot ski(s) are you interested in particularly?

deerman, yes U need a snowHeads card for the test but it's OK, U don't need to go all Blue Peter as we'll make it for you.
Upload a photo to your profile (User Facilities (top left) => Personal Profile)
Also, please add your 'real' name and the number of a mobile phone you'll have with you.
Din and sole length can speed things up too.
latest report
Hi admin, its the preachers, both normal and carbonlite.

Unfortunately however I have been 'instructed' by swmbo that I am not getting out of the promised duties for saturday. The plan is to try flowers tonight and see if that works Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Laughing good plan! Could be worth doubling up with her favourite chocolates/ice cream? After all, U can never have too many brownie points as the ski season approaches Wink
latest report
Dot. wrote:
SkiG, sorry, we wont be there in person as we don't have the staff free however Ellis Brigham have got Directors, Preachers and Redeemer Carbonlites in their test fleet that will be there I'm sure.

Great, do EB have rangers in their test fleet?

Edited to change to Rangers
Embarassed

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 20-11-13 9:01; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
The Redeemer Carbonlite is there, yes.
ski holidays
Actually, this is EB's list for the BraeHead Test:
(There will also be brand reps with their test skis.)

Salomon Enduro XT800 Demo
Salomon Enduro RS800 Ti Demo
Salomon Enduro LX800 Demo
Salomon Q-98 Demo
Salomon Q-90 Demo
Salomon Suspect RLD Demo
Salomon Q-96 Lumen Demo
Salomon Q-88 Lux Demo
K2 SuperBurnin Demo
K2 SuperFree Demo
K2 MissDemeanor Demo
Head i.Supershape Magnum Demo
Head i.Supershape Titan Demo
Movement Jam Demo
Movement Gloss Demo
Line Sir Francis Bacon Demo
Line Blend Demo
Line Sick Day 110 Demo
Line Sick Day 95 Demo
Atomic Crimson Ti Demo
Atomic Blackeye Ti Demo
Atomic Theory Demo
Atomic Infamous Demo
Atomic Cloud Nine Demo
Atomic Cloud Six Demo
Atomic Affinity Storm Demo
Atomic Affinity Pure Demo
Atomic Elysian Demo
Atomic Supreme Demo
Blizzard Magnum 7.7 Ti Suspension Demo
Blizzard Bonafide Demo
Blizzard Bushwacker Demo
Blizzard Viva 7.7 Ti Suspension IQ Demo
Blizzard Black Pearl Demo
Armada ARV Ti Demo
Armada Halo 2 Demo
Armada AR7 Demo
Rossignol Pursuit 16 Ti Demo
Rossignol Pursuit 14 AR Demo
Rossignol Pursuit 13 X Carbon Demo
Rossignol Scratch Demo
Rossignol Storm Demo
Rossignol Unique 8 Demo
Rossignol Unique 4S Demo
Rossignol Unique 2 Demo
WhiteDot Preacher Demo
WhiteDot Director Demo
Dynafit Mustagh Ata Superlight
Nordica Burner Demo
Nordica Fuel Demo
Nordica Wild Belle Demo
Nordica Belle to Belle Demo
WhiteDot Redeemer CarbonLite
snow report
If you're going to Braehead test, remember the wearing of helmets is now compulsory. They do have loan helmets, but I prefer wearing my own headgear.

We were there a couple of weeks ago, and had decided to leave the helmets at home rolling eyes
latest report
I've been asked this a couple of times so, for clarity: you'll get your snowHeads card when you arrive and don't worry, I'll make myself easy to find.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scottish Scrutineer wrote:
If you're going to Braehead test, remember the wearing of helmets is now compulsory. They do have loan helmets, but I prefer wearing my own headgear.

We were there a couple of weeks ago, and had decided to leave the helmets at home rolling eyes

Thanks for that. I was sure I had seen that info somewhere on the website but couldn't find it when I checked last night.

Just waiting to find out the exact time of Saturday mornings hockey fixture before I fully commit. Usually finish by 1030 so will be at Braehead for 12.

Possible silly question. Do you still take your own skis? I'm presuming I do as the ones I want to test might be out.
ski holidays
muppet wrote:
the ones I want to test might be out.
True but there's always something else worth trying Wink

While I always say to bring your own skis to ski tests in the mountains, there's no real need here unless you wish to use them as a 'control' to compare other skis to.
latest report
admin, I thought you had other commitments that weekend? Sorry I couldn't make it myself but without a TARDIS (topical n'est pas?) I can't actually be in two places at once.
snow report
Any update on whether Volkl will be present ?
snow report
I'm all confirmed and I'm bringing Miss Piggy, with me who is lusting after a pair of K2 Missy's that she saw a few weeks ago in EB. She knows she can't test them but is keen to try her new boots and try the different lengths of normal hire skis to help decide what length to get.

Can't persuade the other muppet to come as he can't see past Volkl and despite admitting he will need new skis next season he's unwilling try others rolling eyes
ski holidays
statar, muppet, Volkl/Line/k2 were invited to the tour but declined.
Maybe they're not doing well enough to afford the cost getting people on their skis?
Lot's of excellent alternatives though.

muppet, although I can see you've paid for Miss Piggy, she's not 'confirmed' as coming as she didn't hit the "So Commit Me!" button.
ski holidays
Alright guys!

Looking forward to Saturday but im a bit blown away with the amount of choice!

I've been skiing for a little while now. I've done 8 weeks in France and all the usual suspects. I've never paid too much attention to the type of ski I've used other than getting a set of the more up market rentals. Since moving to Scotland a few months ago, I've started to consider picking up some as the prospect of popping up north every now and then makes buying skis seem a bit more feasible.

What would you recommend for an intermediate who spends probably 70 - 80% of his time on groomed pistes and the rest messing about in any powder that's looking lonely?!

As I improve I can also see myself wanting to spend more time off the groomed pistes and would love to take a few off piste lessons as my next step to bettering my technique.
ski holidays
admin, Thanks for sorting everything out. Have updated the profile picture etc for Miss Piggy, but will have to wait till this evening when she comes home to confirm her phone number.
snow report
At about midday today, I'll be leaving the safety and warmth of snowHeads towers to travel to the North.
If you wish to sign up to this test, you need to do so before then and add a profile photo and mobile number to your profile (User Facilities (top left) => Personal Profile) so I can make your snowHeads card, to access the test before I leave. This will not be possible after midday - ye have been warned.
ski holidays
unsubtlewoods, I have a similar profile to you, and also just took what the rental guy gave me. However, my experience at the recent test in MK might be of assistance to you.

My favourite skis from that test were the Head Magnum and the Head Titan. They are very much alike, with the difference that the Titan is wider underfoot, so would be better in soft or deep snow.
My next favourite was the Salomon Enduro XT800. I found them remarkably easy to turn, but they did not feel as exciting as the Head skis.

All these were described as 80/20 piste/off-piste skis, exactly what I was looking for.

Have fun!
snow report
nigelg, Thanks! I'll give them a shot.
ski holidays
admin, Thanks for organising a super day - even if the gremlins on the frozen M74 slowed you up a bit! It was great to have the chance to try out all the Kneissl range, and I know now what my next skis are going to be. I used to ski on White Stars back in the 70s. But those Red Stars are something else again ..........

Surprising how quiet Braehead was - even though it looked as if there were a lot of people there, each time coming down the slope it seemed there were only 3 or 4 other skiers on it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy