Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

13/14 quiver thread

Poster: A snowHead
Found this from last year:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2172073&highlight=quiver#2172073

I'm away from my new set of skis at the moment and won't see them until early Dec when I return to the UK.

So I fancy admiring/perving at everybody else's. I know it's a bit of w*lly waving but it would be good to see how other SHs are kitted out. Can't wait for the season and the 35 degree heat where I am isn't really getting me in the mood!

So let's be having you, lets see what you've got! wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Me

188 cm
95 kg (stripped)

Ski Instructor on the island of Hokkaido, northern Japan

Idris Skis Renard (piste)
175 cm
116-71-100
R 17m

http://www.idriskis.com/renard.html

Majesty Local Hero (all-mountain twin tip)
176 cm
116-82-111
R 17.7m

http://www.majestyskisusa.com/skis-2012/all-mountain-2012/local-hero-2012.html
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nothing new yet but this is my current quiver

185cm Line EP Pros 153-127-150 (fat and floppy but great fun in powder)
179cm DPS Wailer 112 Pures 141-112-128

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 19-10-13 0:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Liberty LTEs for pretending that I'm a gnarly park skier
Liberty Genomes (141 underfoot) for pretending I'm a rad off piste freerider
Movement scoops (102 underfoot) for when I'm not sure what to pretend.

I'm currently listening to offers on the Genomes, as I'm not doing a season this year, and they're a bit of an extravagance for a regular punter.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Blizzard Brahma 180cm
Whitedot Ranger CarbonLite 186cm
PM Gear Llasa Fat carbon hybrid 191cm
All Quiver Killer for Dynafit Beast binding
Dynafit Mercury boots arriving soon but if the fits not great I've got Cochise 120's.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Movement Le Fer:- 177cm/124-77-108/15.5m radius. Very lightweight piste carvery type of ski. I'm impressed with it so far

PM Gear Lhasa Pow:- 191cm/140-112-120/39m radius. Again light for it's size and, once you get used to it, it's a pussycat.

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Same as last 4 winters. Ain't I a good boy?

(OK so I bought a cheap snowboard when I was ski hurt last winter)
I do feel a visceral urge for some new kit but realistically I owe it to myself to break something (kitwise) first.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob, no you are a terrible person. Buy more skis at once. I caved already this year. Sad

Currently rocking:
Black Diamond Verdicts in 180cm from a few years ago. Kept purely as they are too trashed to sell and keep a set of FT12s doing something.

Black Crows Corvus in 185cm. Replacement for the Verdicts and mounted with Radical STs.

Whitedot Redeemer in 190cm from a few years ago. Mounted with Guardians. Actively trying to sell as I much prefer the...

Whitedot Redeemer CarbonLite in 190cm. Mounted with Radical STs.

Just bought:
Whitedot Ranger CarbonLite 195PRO. Will probably mount with the FT12s and maybe move to the Beast if they release something that doesn't cost your first born next year. Am hopping up and down waiting for them to ship. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
meh, Whitedot Ranger CarbonLite 195PRO. very nice. (dot12 me thinks) Very Happy

spyderjon, like to see a pic of the Beasts on the rangers or PMs. Cool
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Picking up a replacement pair of Powd'airs in 183 cm on the sibling super deal in a couple of months mounted on Radical STs snowHead The existing ones have given excellent service over the past couple of years:

Also have a pair of Crusades lurking in a corner on Vists but haven't used them for a few years now.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sharkymark wrote:
Picking up a replacement pair of Powd'airs in 183 cm on the sibling super deal in a couple of months mounted on Radical STs snowHead The existing ones have given excellent service over the past couple of years:

Also have a pair of Crusades lurking in a corner on Vists but haven't used them for a few years now.

What's the super deal?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mishmash, my Bro's fortunate enough to work as a bike engineer for them, jammy b****r snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Buddy1664 wrote:
meh, Whitedot Ranger CarbonLite 195PRO. very nice. (dot12 me thinks) Very Happy

spyderjon, like to see a pic of the Beasts on the rangers or PMs. Cool

Buddy1664, to be honest the green Beasts look shoite on the red Rangers. I've been trying to get WD to press me a pair of 185 Ranger CL's with the green topsheets off the Preacher but it's not happening I'm afraid. However when covered in the white stull it won't matter Cool.

Check-out the 13/14 Blizzard Brahma's if you want to see a truly ugly topsheet design however the green Beast's just about colour match & turn those ugly duckiln's in to swans Cool.

Now put the Beasts on the Llasa's - mmmmmmmmm
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sharkymark wrote:
mishmash, my Bro's fortunate enough to work as a bike engineer for them, jammy b****r snowHead

Aaah, exactly what I would have picked, nice one.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon, hahahaha even a dog t*rd would look magnificent on any of PM Gear's topsheets. Smile Dynafit don't get any points for that one!

It's a f***ing pain but post some pics guys and gals. You know you want to dust off the cobwebs, polish those topsheets and parade them up against the garage wall. Yes I'm aware it's only Oct.

Roll on Dec!
snow conditions
The Beast on the Preacher CarbonLite looks sweet. I even do a matching screwdriver Cool
latest report
Here's my missus' new two ski quiver: Storm Inferno + Whitedot Ranger CL + Marker F10's with Quiver Killers & toe raising shims.
snow conditions
spyderjon, I bet you wish you flogged boots as well.......... the owner of that set up would dropped with a 'Vulcan' death grip! $$$$$

The Green Machine........
latest report
I m gonna need a panoramic function ... There not all here yet or on site thank goodness. It feels quie shaming. Skis Anonymous here we come.

Oh well, should incentivise me to "thin"...
latest report
screw thinning, start renting.......... builds revenue for more stock!!! I'm sure thats how intersport started. I can picture the founder - Swiss dairy farmer getting his collar felt by his Mrs for having a barn full of skis. "do something with them or I'll make Adirondack chairs out of them" (my mrs might have said that one)

Crying or Very sad
latest report

This years quiver. Thanks to poor impulse control and spyderjon getting in more Beasts they should be mounted up with them if all goes to plan.
snow report
This thread is making me feel virtuous. I haven't bought any skis or bindings for myself* this year.

*I did get a pair for horizon jr.
snow report
horizon, I'm selling myself on the idea I can flog the Dynafits on the other skis in order to fund one set of Beasts across all.
latest report
I think I am un- trendy. My newest rides are 201cm SGs...
snow conditions
This I shall ski on

ski holidays
Still getting bindings sorted for mine, so photos will have to wait, but:

194 Down CD1s (quiver killers for barons) for the deepest days
193 4FRNT EHP's (quiver killers for barons and Dynafit Speeds) for touring and big line domination (in hindsight the 186s would probably have been the better option as they'll now be my main backcountry rig, though I didn't plan for that at the time and I'm very happy with how the 193s ski)
190 Bibby Pro (quiver killers for barons) for general offpiste and not so deep pow days. Great skis but getting pretty knackered.
185 Nordica Soul Riders (quiver killers for barons, may get them done for the dynafits too for longer tours), hangover days, cruisy chilling, piste days, park.
170 Atomic SX11 for more performance piste skiing, didn't use them at all last season and unlikely to use them much this season either (would need to get the DIN soles for my boots)
snow report
Same as last year:

Primarily:
DPS Wailer 105 (188cm)
DPS Wailer 112 RP (190cm)
Both quiverkillered for Marker and Dynafit bindings (FT12s and TLT Speeds specifically)

Also in the cupboard:

DPS Lotus 120 (190cm) - pretty beat up (they are from time before they got their manufacturing processes fully sorted) but sometimes get dusted off for cat skiing etc. They are unbelievably sweet in powder
Dynastar Legend Pro XXL (194cm) - for sale. If I was skiing every week, I'd keep them but can't realistically see myself using them much
Dynastar Legend Pro (186cm) - for old time's sake. Never going to ski them but they are pretty and my first pair of fat skis
Blizzard Titan 9 (180cm) - old touring skis. Might stick some alpine bindings on and use them if I every go to the fridge
latest report
3 DPS skis Shocked either I want to be as good as you or have your income!! Don't care which, just pick one and get in touch wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some people are gear queens.
latest report
under a new name, Says the man with Skis twice his height! Toofy Grin
snow report
Quote:

I have a pair of wood veneered skis, they have a tiger on them, but only if worn on the correct feet, oh and his eye is pearlescent.

OBVIOUSLY this would not make me a gear queen Puzzled
snow conditions
I plan on wearing them on the opposite feet as a Homage to Damien Hirst!
ski holidays
dulcamara, I bought the first pair about 6 years ago and haven't bought any skis for 3 years now. I did go through a gear queen stage though Embarassed
ski holidays
CH2O, 201/165<>2 !!
ski holidays

Just added these to my own quiver plus have demo bindings so other people can have a play on them Toofy Grin
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:

And proud of it. Or at least happy. You can never have enough toys!
ski holidays
I don't have them, yet, but a new pair of Stokli Y85s are on their way to me. They'll go under my new Lange RS 130s, too... these are the first non-plug boots for me in over 10 years, and I'm a bit nervous to see how they ski... so, I guess I'll just have to make some turns at Copper on Friday on my old Nordica AfterBurners.
ski holidays
dulcamara, those Ski Logiks are beautiful - almost too pretty to ski!
snow conditions
Same as last year except I upgraded my 11/12 Movement Jams to 12/13 Movement Jam ER. Still have the Majesty Superior and CoreUpt Dirty B'stard
ski holidays
Some old; some new.

Old:

Head iGS RD at 188; a massive amount of fun on piste. Holiday toy No 1.
Head iSL RD at 165; turny fun all over the place. Holiday toy No 2.
very old and battered Salomon Streetracer 10; teaching workhorse.

New:

Couple of pairs of Atomic SL at 158; turny work skis and also maybe a bit of cheeky plastic or snow racing.

Maybe in the near future:

Something to Telemark on and maybe a snowboard too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy