Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - winter 2005-06

Poster: A snowHead
Kramer,
Not so funny...and I suppose the EOSB will be you 5th or what...? Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JT, Spend less time being envious, and more time doing....err skiing maybe Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowbunny,

Can't, I'm poor... Still I am trying to get away at the end of the season if I can work it
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
JT,
Quote:

snowbunny,

Can't, I'm poor... Still I am trying to get away at the end of the season if I can work it

Good grief rolling eyes ...Nope, can't summon any genuine sympathy, sorry wink
If you owned a pair of Stormriders, then you would not keep having to pay rental, and could afford more trips wink Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowbunny,
Oh alright then, its only money....

Guess I'll forgoe the golf holiday and resign from my club ... wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
JT,
Quote:

snowbunny,
Oh alright then, its only money....

That's a little more like the attitude needed in a serious skier Very Happy
Quote:

Guess I'll forgoe the golf holiday and resign from my club ...

Sensible man...now get booking your next ski trip Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
one of the people I met who had the most ski trips per year worked in a toilet roll factory, on a shift system which meant doing a punishing stint of long days, sawing the long rolls into short ones, or something like that, followed by 5 days off in which he used to go - on long ski weekends! All the daft people who have spent £15K on a new kitchen in the last two years could have had LOADS of ski holidays instead. I read the other day that many students spend £100 a week on"going out". It's a question of priorities. I finance my apartment by having converted a room of my house into a bed-sitter and having a lodger. And an old and tatty kitchen! It can be done.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
It's a question of priorities.

Exactly,and some peoples seem very mixed up IMO.Everyone has a choice where to spend their hard earned,but I'm known to get quite emotional Mad when people quiz me on how I afford it(average 3wks/season,4 in a good year Very Happy )And I have 2 kids.Some assume I'm a top earner(been there,got stressed,got out)or a drug dealer(think he was joking!)Simple answer;its important to me so I find a way.If its a choice between decorating the lounge or skiing...........what do you think wink Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well, I finished the kitchen and almost finished upstairs, only the bathroom to go....

That and the garden should be finshed by June... so I'll only go again this season once more, max...
I been on enough, there's more to life than skiing..
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
JT,
Quote:

I been on enough, there's more to life than skiing..

Blasphemy Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JT, Shocked Mind you I'm sitting in the lounge thinking how desperately it needs redecorated, and the sofa need replacing. Damn, already booked the Eurotunnel for Easter, can't waste it.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont, redecorating the lounge etc is a minor consideration!

I can't believe it - it's snowing again!! Shocked Shocked Stopped for a bit this morning, but now light snow again. Just moved the car too!!! At least next week should be excellent - once the wind drops that is - I don't suppose there'll be much powder though .. Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, I have a beautifully decorated lounge in Monetier though. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For me it's quite simple, I'm single, I have no children, and I have a reasonably well paid job, so I choose to travel and enjoy myself whilst I have the opportunity. I've worked hard to get where I am, so I might as well enjoy myself. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kramer, Well said!

It's been snowing more heavily now for the last 3 hours or so - full hood weather just to go down the road to the shops! First lesson tomorrow 09.30 - time for a quick face in the powder before that!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
I don't suppose there'll be much powder though .. Sad

All a bit late in the season really Sad. Still at least it will have alleviated the drought situation somewhat! I bet the glaciers haven't benefited greatly though, with these high winds....
snow conditions
PG, that's the trouble - the winds! Sad Windcrust, before it's solidified is no fun to ski. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Am I missing something? Why won't there be any powder after all this snow?
snow report
I wouldn't worry...the wind might have blown it away or ruined it but there will be some somewhere...just need someone who knows where to look... It is the temps I'd concerend about and if they stay low everything should be fine..I reckon..
ski holidays
Kramer, Because it will be windpack and not powder. The wind's been so high that it's already crusting over as it falls. There will be some sheltered spots, but I don't suppose they'll last long! On the higher slopes the chances are that most of the new snow will have blown into drifts or blown away altogether.

It's clear this morning, but still very high winds.
ski holidays
I made the effort to get up early and go up at 09.00 in the hope of a pwder run down the face before meeting a group of beginners. Not worth it - bah! Sad I thought there would priobably have been some little stashes in the gullies (but didn't have time to go that way), but the main part of the face was demonstrating what sustrugi looks like and was more or less unskiable. So I went down the Valentin! Actually it was quite nice with some windblown powder on the piste, but a bit variable on the higher part. So - footache and no peuffs. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Having said that (and the wind was very high again today), the piste conditions are excellent, and even the lower runs are very good at the moment.
snow report
A very nice day today, and not as windy as forecast. I was in the village and then up on the Cretes where the snow is just abut as perfect as it gets on piste. I skied down via the Valentin (in a hurry), and couldn't fault that either - one patch of ice right at the top, but it was small and blue so easily visible, and then really good grippy snow all the way down - I even skied it quite fast!! Shock Shock
ski holidays
Very nice day yesterday, but exceedingly warm! I had too many clothes on and it amazed everyone who works on the mountain - but I was officially hot! The snow on the Cretes was fab - just perfect winter snow, but coming down l'Y with Kramer later in the day we came across some real spring snow near the bottom!! urhummm - not in the game pklan, although I love the stuff. It's sunny and should be warm again today. Very Happy
snow report
easiski, lovely, I could do with sunny and warm for a few days Very Happy See you on Friday snowHead
ski holidays
RachelQ, Will contact you and pop along for a drink tomorrow night - also with Kramer's number etc. Various arrangements to make ...

Today ws again warm and sunny - I didn't go off the Cretes though, but there are a few harder (not icy) patches appearing around the village after 2 days of warm weather!! Clouds this afternoon, so wait to see if it snows later - looked the right colour sort of! Phenomenal cover everywhere - getting the Fischers back out tomorrow .. snowHead snowHead
snow report
Another super day today. Went to the glacier where everything was just amazing - snow great. The off piste has had a major hammering with the wind, and the Echines de Chevres looks totally unskiable at the moment, just covered in large longditudinal humps! I skied down later in the day, and the snow the whole way down the mountain was brilliant - no stones even in the usual places. Grande Pente is very good at the moment with nice spongy slush in the less skied areas. Even the "grassy" bumps are pure pisted powder at the moment - I was down that bit and out of the trees before I even realised. Very Happy Rather hard in the village first thing in the morning due to the warm temps the last 3 days, but otherwise couldn't be better!

Rachel & John Q arrived in good order today, and will be skiing with Kramer tomorrow and then we all meet up in the afternoon - keeping fingers crossed for the weather and a possible Vallons de la Meije on Saturday. Shock
snow conditions
easiski, Moscow Flyer did well yesterday and retired gracefully. I personally think they shouldnt have ran him and the Head lad said as much before the race. Brilliant horse.
snow conditions
Paul Mason, Agreed - I thought it was sad, but a sad day in all - Barracuda also out of it and Westender looking old too (although he was interfered with). All my old favourites going by the wayside Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Great racing though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another excellent day today. Wonderful snow everywhere - Last run down Les Posettes with Rachel & John Q was lovely slushy, spongy stuff. found some very nice snow off piste in all sorts of spots (no powder though), but a nice, quiet chance. Excellent row with snowblader who came much too close and crashed into my stick - he had about 6 friends - that hooligan mentality again - however, yours truly, even when surrounded by large angry young frenchmen continued to hold the fort for control!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
easiski,

Would it help if you had a huge huge Easiski ski badge/banner that might be endorsed somehow by the resort therefore adding to the weight of your arguement. Anyway, an apology might have gone a long way out of courtesy if nothing else...!!

No one needs unsafe skiers..!!
ski holidays
JT, His mates were much more reasonable than him! Shocked Although none of them apologised they did eventually seem to accept that he was endangering me and the Qs and that he accidentally skied into my stick! Shocked Shocked (I didn't actually hit him)... However they did have a relly good go at tintimidation - doesn't work on me though. Laughing Laughing
snow report
Miserable day today - flat ligtht and starting to snow higher up. Will snow in village I think later. SNow still excellent though. Very Happy
snow conditions
easiski,

Wondered why you were posting at this time....
latest report
easiski, yes, weather breaking up here too - but what a fantastic week we've had! Looks like you made the most of it.
latest report
JT, Work finished - resting!
latest report
A lot of the material on the net about LDA suggests that many of the blues are reds and reds are black. Can any snowheads suggest runs that at 'genuine' blues, i.e. a discernible but mild progression from greens?

Or have I got things wrong and should be interpreting greens as blues at LDA?

Thanks in advance! Skullie Little Angel Little Angel
snow report
bh1, Its not that the runs are miss graded,more a case that some of the blues have pink bits wink Same with some of the reds,with occasional steeper or narrow sections.However your best bet,by far,is to PM our LDA resident and ski pro easiski.
Your skiing will definately progress with Charlotte......or you will suffer the consequences Evil or Very Mad wink
snow conditions
snowskisnow, Don't know if that's a compliment or not! Shock

bh1, It's more a matter of knowing which blues to avoid if you're looking for an easy progression. I suggest you contact me when you get in and we meet over a beer and a piste map!

Very warm today, but the snow held up fine. Grand Pente, l'Y and Posettes all fine, if a little sticky at the bottom. Looked as though it was snowing high up, but can't confirm. Cloudy all day. Little bit of snow last night - around 10-15cms on the top in the Thuyt red off piste - quite nice really!!!!

Keeping fingers crossed for LG tomorrow if the weather's OK.
latest report
easiski wrote:
Don't know if that's a compliment or not! Shock

Of course Confused Nowhere near brave enough to suggest otherwise wink
latest report
The weather was very disappointing today. We (Rachel & John Q and Iarm74 + his mrs, had hoped to go to LG. Unfortunatly the fog was quite dense and in and out, so it was a risk that we wouldn't be able to see when we got there. We dicided against it in the end Iarm74 will have more chances later in the week, and the Qs will just have to come back again!!! Anyway I took them down the unpisted higher part of Gours (hidden valley) which was super, and showed them the hidden waterfall with the best water in the world. then I left them to go up the Fee with the idea of lunch at the Refuge de la Fee and going to do the itinerary again this pm. Very Happy I skied down Grande Pente, which was nice spring snow nearer the Cretes, but definitely sticky near the bottom - no slush though! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy