Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

soll 11 to 18 jan snow heads wanted!!

Poster: A snowHead
Hey mate, I got a package deal from crystal ski flying out of Glasgow. There might still be availability.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unfortunately, nothing coming up now! There is a decent flight from EDI to MUN, time & cost. So could try to find local accom but a shared room much more affordable- if anyone out there is also looking?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Coulfeet, can't help with the sharing part I'm afraid, but there's a link to the tourist board earlier in the thread, if you email them they might find something reasonable for you?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Booked. Staying in Postwirt.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
madlondoner, Great choice!! Have you been there before?!! It's great, fab steak Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nope. Outdoor heated swimming pool though!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh nice one, party back at yours then Neh Neh
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes it's a great place, really old and traditional, and you can't get more central. Defo party at yours lol!! Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hey guys, quite late to post on this board but can i still join? 24yr boarder, intermediate level, drinker as well- please msg for details if so!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
yeah mili, see what you can find for accomodation, try the skiwelt tourist website.
If you get booked in pm us your email and mobile no. so we can then meet in Soll. We have all swapped numbers by now.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
madlondoner,
hey missed your post there. Glad you got booked in, pm me your name, email and phone number and I'll send it onto the group.
Resort conditions looking much better now, it snowed yesterday.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowing right now!! Pistes in great shape, will post pics later Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great! I was just gonna check the snow reports.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

And yesterday- sunshine and blue skies wink

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Guys,
This sounds interesting-always wanted to go to Soll. Am based in Dublin too so the Munich option (164 plus bags) plus transfer is cool for me.
I am Male, 45, competent on or off piste.
What were the options on accom ex tourist office? Must check eh lol!
If someone else wanted to double up on a package, there is some deals to be had from Dublin for two, not for singles.
latest report
earlyapex,
Hi apex.
I.m a new member. I noticed that you have some experience in Soll!
do you know a decent value digs for a single traveller ideally no sngl supplement?
And also is it easy to get a public bus from the airport or do i need to book a transfer?

thanks for any help

dd
snow conditions
deedeewindow, there's a link to the Tourist board earlier in this thread, email them your requirements andf they'll help. Re Airports, which one are you flying to?! I've bad Connection so can't find links to post, but Google Tirol Taxis, they do Transfers to Soll, and www.db.de is the Train site- you want a train to Kufstein & you can taxi to Soll from there. There is a direct train from Salzburg, and a couple of changes from Munich but very straightforward. HTH Happy
snow report
I read Worgl is the nearest station and you can get a bus from there.
snow report
No takers on my post three up?
snow conditions
Hi all

Am interested in learning to ski but will be going solo. I was advised to check out snowheads and found this topic. Biggest issue is evenings so would be great to meet u guys for apres ski as will be in beginner lessons all day.

Found decent fights from cork and accommodation as all of trAvel companies are booked for those dates. Biggest issue is sorting LeArner ski course? Any recommendations and would I need to book in advance.

Hope u guys don't mind total beginner taggin along

Thanks Smile
snow conditions
You will be able to book it on the morning of the first day.
ski holidays
johnredgreen, here's the link to skischool http://www.skischule-soell.com/ Skischool starts 10am Sunday morning, so get there early if you want to book it on the day! Or you can book it online, or when you rent your equipment & lift pass on Saturday Happy You'll be fine in Soll in the evenings, Salvenstadtl is a great place, or the Dubliner (inside the Red Horse- great Guinness & run by an Irish brother & sister), or the Underground, where you can drown your sorrows while you watch videos of yourself falling over on the beginner slopes. All great fun & plenty of opportunity to meet others- including these guys, presumably!! Wink
snow report
Hi EarlyApex and all others that are going... I have just booked! However will not arrive until evening of 12th. Would be good to meet up and find out how the first day went aand plan the next. I'll send a PM of my details and hope to get others.
For those interested and if haven't seen it, there is a good transfer service http://www.wilderkaiser.info/en/shuttle-service-wilder-kaiser.html
either from Munich airport or Kufstein station.
cheers & looking forward to the snow & beers!
snow report
mahoney_j,
ski holidays
Glad your on board coulfeet and we seem to have a nice crew now.If you pm me or early apex your e mail address that would be great and well create a final list next week with all our contact details and arrangements to meet up in soll.johnredgreen, weilcome on board too,tag along with us in evenings for apres and food more than welcome.Ski school will be good craic and a good chance to meet a few different nationalities.Not long now folks.Check out the webcams on www.bergfex.com
snow report
Hi all.
Thanks for that link Coulfeet, it might be useful in the future.

I've lost count, does this mean we have 9 snowheads now? I never thought it would get this big.

Kaisr Sose, if you can't find a sharer, do try the skiwelt tourist office. As a last chance, the tour operators may sell you a double for single use if they panic.

As mahoney J said, we will have to send out an email with the final group soon, I did one earlier but a few more joined in now.

Humpfknick posted a nice photo from soll today,
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/snowheads-personal-galleries/p30149-image143.html

Looking good! Very Happy
snow report
Thanks for posting that earlyapex, I'm on my iPhone with limited wifi & not sure how to post attachments from phone!! Conditions are lovely today, still waiting for that nice dump of fresh snow, but the canon system here is great so the pistes are fine. I posted a couple from off-piste a couple of days ago too. It's limited, bilut still skiable in parts. Come on snow!!! Smile
ski holidays
Kaisr Sose, I just got in at Pension Sport Mayr as a single with only a small suplement- they may still have other rooms. No idea what it'll be like, I'm expecting basic so anything else will be a bonus. They have various deals for hire, pass etc too.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Coulfeet, There are dbl available ex Dub but no single. Last time I approached Crystal about a selling a single (rather than a dbl) they said no. They said I could buy two seats, then use one! They would not unbundle the flights and transfer from the second adult. Crazy!! Needless to say I didn't take up the offer.
ski holidays
#thanks for the travel tips.
i am gonna do another resort this time, but y'all have a great time!!!
latest report
Thanks for advice guys. I'm booked in so can't wait on trip now. Staying 10 mins walk outside town in landhaus elfi. Very Happy
ski holidays
Hi Coulfeet, I'm booked in to Sport Mayr too, I had thought it was fully booked out. Mahoney J is there too.

johnredgreen,
Got your message, thanks. Check your inbox.
snow report
Apparently if you hire your skis and boots from the shops at the bottom of the gondola then you can store them there for small fee more and therefore can walk the 10 min walk in morning rather than having to wait for bus in morning, lugging skies and return with skies later to hotel.
snow conditions
Not just if you hire skis there. You can rent your skis anywhere and storing them at the gondola is just 14 euro for the week. It is what I will be doing, zero hassle then walking down to apres ski in your normal shoes. I recommend this to all.
ski holidays
Yes if you haven't committed to getting your skis elsewhere it's much handier to just rent them in the Edinger. Cuts out any unnecessary carrying wink

Snowing all day today, and forecast to continue tomorrow. Fingers crossed!! Happy

ski holidays
Is it the same price to rent by the lifts?
ski holidays
Now I'm not sure about prices, but I wouldn't say there's much in the difference. I recommend Edingers for convenience, but if I was renting myself I'd use Snow & Fun next to the Salven stadl, great equipment, brand new & they give a discount for booking online http://www.snowfun.biz/en/. Maybe email both & check out the price difference? My friends use S&F when they come, and you can book your ski school & lift pass with them too so very handy. A taxi up the hill is only a few quid too if you don't fancy the walk. (Which isn't bad either, just make you enjoy your beer afterwards all the more)

If you want to buy boots, Martin (who owns the shop)is a fantastic boot fitter, you can buy there & then pop into him for adjustments as the week goes on. The rental is run by Stathis the Greek, great guy too. Ah everyone in Soll is great lol! You'll be we'll looked after, wherever you go Wink
ski holidays
Hi everyone who's already in the group meeting up in Soll. I'm looking at booking some Very late flights and hopefully meeting you bunch out there. Does anybody have a spare bed in any sort accommodation for that week? I'd be happy to share with anyone if they'd have me. Otherwise does anybody have any recommendations for a one man place? I've checked with the Sport Mayr but their fully booked now.
I'm a 25 male snowboarder, fairly experienced, will go down anything on piste and all but crazy stuff off piste and like the Apres.
snow conditions
Guys enjoy the trip. I can't make it. Am off to Saalbach on the 25th anyway so not that long to wait. Hope the snow falls in abundance and you get to make lots and lots of fresh tracks. I still hope to visit Soll and who knows - perhaps a short trip in Feb will be on the cards.
ski holidays
Sorry to lose you Kaisr Sose, I found out today also by email that we have lost mad2ski due to other commitments.
No worries, we still have a group of 7.

Birdie1133,
Thanks for your info, you sound like you will be great fit in the group. You're welcome to join. That is leaving it real late for a single berth though.
Ill send you a link that I gave to some others on the trip, they may have some space left.

I see we have a few new people sign up to snowheads just to post about joining this trip, amazing.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy