Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

soll 11 to 18 jan snow heads wanted!!

Poster: A snowHead
Right just booked soll for a week for above dates and looking for a few snow heads to makeup a group,So far we have 2 of us who are going diy from dublin to munich(aer lingus 180 return) taxi from munich to soll(85 return) and pension b&b double room for 35 a night.Basically this is a continuation of a trip from last year when a few of us met up through this site and went to mayrhofen.Anyway im mid 30s married and wife is letting me loose for the week!! and second guy is early 30s i think .anyway well be lookin to fit in a lot of skiing and of course the apres.Anyone interested drop us a pm or leave a post here
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi all. I'm the second guy.
I booked Mayrhofen last year and then went looking for a ski or apres snowhead buddy on these pages. I was invited to join the OP's group and I met them in Mayrhofen. Trip was so successful we are doing it again, to Soll this time. I'm a decent skier and will ski anything in Soll.
Yes I am also mid 30's, I still like my apres beer.

Join us out there or travel with us from Dublin or Munich. We can give you the details if you want to.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hiya! I'd be interested in joining if y'all are still looking for more people. I have most of January free and am looking to spend at least 2+ weeks skiing. I'm 30. Can ski most reds in good conditions, but am afraid of speed. Sad Maybe I'll fly in a few days earlier and take some lessons.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah great, join us.

Lessons always a good idea especially if you are staying for 2 weeks to make the most of it, lucky you.
If you need help getting a room with no or low single supplement, I can help you out there if you are travelling diy like us. I know a few places in Soll.

Let us know what you are thinking of doing.
Any info needed just PM or email me. Ill send you on my email address by pm now.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just bumping this up folks to see if we can recruit anyone!!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
mahoney_j, earlyapex, 27yr old boarder well up for some snow and some new snow pals, could you give me some more info?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi aimee c details are as above in first post.There is 2 of us already booked in nd a few more mabys.Just a continuation of a trip organised last year that worked out really well when we had skiers from ireland ,Scotland and england meet up through here and organise a trip.More than welcome to join us.were stayin in soll but plan on skiing westendorf and kitzbuhell as well as its all on the one pass.Just pm me or early apex if you need any more info
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi AimeeC, I will send you a pm with some info on the trip and soll too.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This looks like fun.
I'm a 30 year old skier and although I am usually a bit rusty the first couple of days I can do up to non moguled blacks.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great, join in.
I would be rusty too taking a couple of days to get in the groove. I can ski the blacks with you.
I can give you some pointers about soll if you haven't been there before?

Would you travel by package and meet us there or go diy? You could just fly to munich and get the coach with us.

Or pm me and we can trade emails to organise more.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DIY better as planning to go to kronplatz for snowheads trip! I thought the nearest airport was Salzburg. I went to soll in the summer nearly twenty years ago and it was a nice pretty village. Are there only two so far? Love a good après and a laugh. I went to saalbach hinterglemm last year and always find Austria has nicer atmosphere and better value for money than France or the rip off that is Switzerland.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'll be in Soll from the 15th- meet you guys in the umbrella bar?! wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes Salzburg is closer but no flights available yet from Dublin where I'm flying from, so Munich next best option, only a little further.
I believe there is only 2 so far confirmed, but could rise to 6 or 7 if all interested so far decide to come.
Austria is great, I haven't been to Soll in 5 years, very much looking forward to going back.

Humpfknick, sure, the 15th is only half way through the skiing!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
earlyapex wrote:
Humpfknick, sure, the 15th is only half way through the skiing!

Haha yes, humpday lol wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have found nice hotel. Is the place you lot are staying in in the centre of soll or near the lift station?
latest report
madlondoner wrote:
Have found nice hotel. Is the place you lot are staying in in the centre of soll or near the lift station?

Either way it's not far if the place you've found is nice Smile
latest report
I am in the center. So is Mahoney j.

You booked in madlondoner?
ski holidays
It's snowing in Soll right now- BRING ITT!! Wink
latest report
Looking at it. Seems like it's cheaper to get a package with a tour operator as the hotels charge pretty much the same price but without flight and transfer. Am not sure why they are doing this.
latest report
Madlondoner have you mailed your dates & requirements to the tourist board? They'll give you a list of prices & availability Smile http://www.wilderkaiser.info/en/send-a-request/send-request.html
snow report
No I looked at the prices on some hotel websites that I wanted to stay in, then I looked on tour operator websites. Soll is a pretty cheap resort anyway.
snow conditions
yes, I booked through the skiwelt tourist board website linked above. Very helpful, if you don't find what you want in the search engine, email them and you will get a response in a day with offers direct from the accommodation owners.

The main hotels can be pricey, but try a garni hotel instead. I'm in a pension b&b.
Standard is usually high in the pensions anyway.
ski holidays
Right folks ,Whos in and whos out.Myself and early apex seem to be only definites so far
snow report
Earlyapex I just saw your earlier post- I presume your flights are booked by now, but do you know Ryanair fly Dublin/Salzburg? I'm not a fan of theirs, and no big difference in the transfer times so no biggie but just for future reference! Little Angel
snow report
mahoney_j wrote:
Right folks ,Whos in and whos out.Myself and early apex seem to be only definites so far

I'm still up for a dirty pint in the umbrella bar Mahoney_j! Maybe a few cheeky late ones to wait for nightskiing Wink
ski holidays
I might be on for this, what is poa, is there nice accommodation sorted , we are not hood skiers but good craic! Tell us more
snow conditions
Was looking to go out somewhere a week earlier, but could also be tempted to extend into 2 weeks skiing - a gap between jobs doesn't come up too often!
As skimel says above - what accomodations (if any) have you booked so far? Anyone from South London on here?
ski holidays
I'll be flying from Dublin or London also
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimel, mattyh,
hi, the place I am staying in is sport mayr, above the ski rental shop. its fully booked that week though now. The tour operators have some rooms for single use and the skiwelt website has a search function for accommodation too. Its how I booked my room.

Once people are booked in, we can swap emails and numbers to arrange then to meet the first evening in Soll for a drink. Plenty time to talk about the trip till January.

So if you need help finding a room, maybe I can help you.
And if you are flying diy, you could book into the same coach myself and Mahoney j are on. We are going with https://www.tirol-taxi.at/
or just meet us in the town first day....
snow report
Hey, to all looking for accommodation, here is an interactive map of soll, just go to the picture of the bed at the top and select your hotel type and they all show up on the map then.

http://www.tyrol.com/map#zoom=14&latitude=47.503151946099&longitude=12.191476817386&type=tirol_addressbase&id=addressbase_businesstype_2_14225

So is anyone else having trouble getting booked in?
snow report
Hey, breaking News! The Sports Bar at the Whisky Muhle has now been renamed the Irish Muhle. Lol! wink
snow report
You'll have great time both on and off the piste. I presume they will be there again this season but the two piece band. 'Frog on the Tyne' are well worth a look. We always found Dave's Sports ski in the town itself very good value for money. Good equipment and a lot cheaper than the ones up by the gondola.
snow report
Hey guys! I had just gotten back from my vacation and am now starting some serious planning of my January ski trip. I'm looking to rent an apartment in Soll for the week and maybe a few days more. May be spending the previous week (Jan 4 - 11) somewhere in Austria as well. Smile
snow conditions
cucumber, hi. so check out the link i posted just above for a map of accomodation in soll. Also mail the tourist office at skiwelt.at and see what they send you.
ski holidays
I´m in Soll now, conditions AMAZING!! (Despite the crazy wind trying to blow the snow away, lol). it's belting down snow at the moment Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
cool, throw up some pics in the snow reports section!
ski holidays
earlyapex, mahoney_j, interested in this if there's still space? Intermediate 22yo skier, could you pm with some more info?
snow report
earlyapex, I still haven't figured out how to do that!! I'm on an iPhone, can I attach pics?!
snow report
lew,Yep weve room for you but were going diy as per top of post,Our hotel is now full but early apex has posted a link to soll tourist board with accomodation details.Give it a go and get back to us.Are u flying from ireland??if so and flying into unich you could link up with us on taxi to and from soll.
snow report
Humpfknick wrote:
I´m in Soll now, conditions AMAZING!! (Despite the crazy wind trying to blow the snow away, lol). it's belting down snow at the moment Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cool im kepping an eye on the webcams on bergfex.com.Looks pretty good.opening day is tomorrow i think.Early season snow across the alps is pretty good by all accounts.Hopefully youll be around on the 11 and well have a beer or 2 oh and a bit of skiing!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy