Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

soll 11 to 18 jan snow heads wanted!!

Poster: A snowHead
mahoney_j, no I'd be flying from Edinburgh, but can fly form anywhere really. Seems a pretty tricky trying to get accommodation tbh, not having much luck.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Awesome! I've just booked a small studio near the center. Open to sharing with another female skier/boarder. Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mahoney_j wrote:
Humpfknick wrote:
I´m in Soll now, conditions AMAZING!! (Despite the crazy wind trying to blow the snow away, lol). it's belting down snow at the moment Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cool im kepping an eye on the webcams on bergfex.com.Looks pretty good.opening day is tomorrow i think.Early season snow across the alps is pretty good by all accounts.Hopefully youll be around on the 11 and well have a beer or 2 oh and a bit of skiing!!!

Yes today was opening day-AMAZING day!! Conditions were fantastic, cold & sunny, and completely empty slopes! Have no wifi at the mo but will upload pics later (when I figure out how, lol)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Look on tour operator websites. They cost the same as doing it independently but with flight and airport xfer thrown in.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Heyy Boys!! I've just joined this site today, so am not too sure how it all works yet lol :/ Do u have room for another Brit on this 11-18th Jan to Soll? I'm an experienced skier, done loads, know Myerhofen pretty well (have any of you done the dreaded 'Harakiri'? lol). I'm just looking at various options for travel/accomodation etc, so would really appreciate any help. I was thinking to fly Brum - Saltzburg? (is that a bit closer to Soll than Munich?) or should I fly to Munich and jump in the coach with you guys? am also struggling to find cheapish accomodation in Soll and would appreciate and tips on that too . hope to hear back soon lads. Kind regards, Jon (in Coventry) rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jon the transfer time is pretty similar, so if you can taxi-share from Munich that'll reduce your costs! (Well, that's presuming the flights are comparable prices) Smile For accommodation contact the tourist board http://www.wilderkaiser.info/en/send-a-request/send-request.html, send them your requirements & they'll send back a list of available accommodation Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cool bro, will do that then. Return flights from Brum-Saltzburg were coming in around the £200 mark with Lufthansa. How many peeps do you have on this trip btw now? Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm not part of the core group, as such! I'll be there for the second half of your week so will hopefully meet you guys on the mountain at some stage after Wednesday Smile Will be in Soll for a good chunk of the season though so feel free to shout if you need any help Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mad2ski,
hi of course there is room for you to join. Myself and the OP are on a coach from tirol-taxi.at costing 85 euro return from Munich, they go from Salzburg too for 79 return if you need a transfer.
If you decide to go from munich and want to link up there, I can send you my flight details.

I'll get back to you on cheap accommodation, see what i can find.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
earlyapex, is that with Tirol Taxi/ Four Seasons? That must be a new service from Salzburg so, happy days! Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes, its the four seasons service. I haven't used them before though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My friends have used them a lot from Munich, the service is great- really reliable & you'll be in Soll in less than 2 hours. It used to be really difficult to get an individual transfer from Salzburg, so that's great someone's taken the initiative on it! Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A few recent photos for you guys, weather and conditions are amazing at the moment!! Happy

Aaand, I'm finally getting the hang of the posting photos business, so there's a few more pics on the Snow Reports forum now too- don't want to mess up this thread with photos! Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah I think I saw your today in soll picture thread on boards and was gonna post a link to it for the photos. I didn't know they were yours till now. Nice pics, can't wait.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yea there's more over in snowMedia too earlyapex, feel free to post links if you like! I'm feckin clueless- slowly but surely getting the hang of it though! Do you know if I can post a video without linking to youtube?!
ski holidays
Link to photos- I think?! Lol wink

Incorrect link- removed

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 15-12-13 17:01; edited 1 time in total
latest report
doesn't show up anything.
This does though

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/u1706-humpfknick.html

I love those shots above the clouds.
latest report
Haha thanks earlyapex!! Told ya I'm feckin useless at this lol wink

I've just realised there's a few duplicates in there, I must edit them out & put in some others. It's such a fabulous place Very Happy
latest report
For anyone who complains about off-piste in Soll wink

ski holidays
I'ld like to give that a go with you if you think I'm good enough. I tried a bit of very chopped up off piste in mayrhofen last year, not smooth blanket like that. Should be easier?
snow report
The only thing is, that was off-season crack of dawn post snow kinda stuff, not so easy to find! And the top pic (with the ski tips) is a very difficult path- I wouldn't presume to take my worst enemy down it on my own lol Wink My OH would (!), but he'll be working that week so prob won't have time. There's plenty of nice slope-side off-piste to practice on first though, if you're up early you'll find plenty. Or would you consider taking an off-piste lesson when you arrive, maybe on your second day? Get your ski-legs back first lol! The ski-school does a 1 hour early bird private lesson for €58 (+ €25 pp extra) from 0845, so you get first dibs on the snow, and you'll be off to a great start for the rest of the week. You'll get lots of pointers on routes where to go at that time, depending on snow. I honestly think good instruction makes all the difference off-piste, it can be very frustrating otherwise... And then by the time I get there on the Wednesday you'll be a pro lol Wink
snow report
Humpfknick, you're such a teaser!! 3 more weeks... tic toc.
snow report
cucumber, have you booked in too?!! Yay! Where are you staying? Oh God I know, I find it very hard to contain my excitement when I'm not in the mountains! Just have to get this feckin Christmas business over with and then I'm back lol Wink
ski holidays
Lew, madlondoner, mattyh, skimel, mad2ski,

Have you decided to book yet?

Any trouble getting accommodation or transfers?

Sorry if I missed anyone posting interest so far.
We are still open to more joining us!
ski holidays
It's a great idea to post like this earlyapex, will be interesting to see how everyone gets on! I've a friend opened an Irish bar over there at the weekend (actually two opened, but only one is run by Irish people so you know where the loyalty lies, lol!!) You guys'll have to stop in for a Guinness/Jameson/Ribena, if if even just to slag the Meath people running a bar called the Dubliner lol Wink
latest report
heyy guys, I'm such a dimbo and seem to get easily muddled with who's who on here with all these pseudonyme names lol, also struggling to find my way around the snowhead site, it seems so cluttered. I'm sure there must be a simple way to access the forum for the Soll 11-18th trip? lol One of u guys has sent me a link for accomodation which looks unbeatable on price! So I'm hoping to book it v soon, then just need to sort flights from Brum (to Munich or Saltzburg?). So is there an exact venue/time where everyone is meeting at in Soll on the 11th?? then if I don't manage to tie in with you on the trransfer, at least I have something to aim for when I get there Smile
ski holidays
it was earlyapex who msgd me. thanks bro!!
latest report
Early apex your playing a blinder here with the recruitement drive for our trip!!!!.Mad 2 ski once we have a core group organised i suggest we all exchange Email address and phone nos via a pm.We can then arrange a time and place to meet up in soll on the 11.It worked very well for us last year in mayrhofen.That way we will all semi know one another and be ready for the off on the 12!!!.Myself and early apex will be in soll around 13 or 14.00 so we will hopefully be well setteld in and have ski rental etc sorted and be having a few early afternoon/evening beers/gluweins!!.Humpfknick theres been very little snow in soll or indeed across the alps for the last 2 weeks.Hows things holding up.there expecting a dusting later this week but nothing major this side of xmas,Hopefully a massive dump from the 6 to 10 jan and then blue skies and sun by day and snow at night from 11 to 17!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yo. Temps are in the minus, snow canons are going, so slopes are in good shape. Still awaiting a good dump of snow to lift the off-piste but hopefully that'll come in a week or so. The natives are getting restless lol. This is local kids ski-school week so not much happening as yet, but the season kicks off in earnest from Saturday. Ohhh the excitement!!! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
mahoney_j, for the best Gluhwein go into Joe's Talstation- tiny bar right next to the Gondola. It's homemade and the best around, but lethal!! He also does lovely chips & sauces, cheap & cheerful stomach lining Wink
ski holidays
Actually if you're putting your gear in the Edinger garage under the gondola you'll be right beside it anyway. Sure it'd be rude not to! And if you've been to Soll before you may remember Joe from the Umbrella Bar. He's a good laugh Smile
latest report
We will definitely have to visit those new bars Humpfknick, I haven't been to Soll in 5 years so I'm sure much has changed, I used to just go to Salven stadl each evening before and after dinner. I don't remember an umbrella bar or maybe they all had umbrellas?

mad2ski,
just like mahoney j says, we all swap numbers and emails via PM then by the time you get to resort, you can have already been in touch with us via txt during your transfer and we can tell you where to go to meet up in some pub to quench your thirst. Breaking the ice won't be so necessary as the email contact and this forum does that for us. It will be just putting a face to a real name and a snowhead name. snowHead

Since myself and Mahoney J are in town earlyish, maybe we are first to get there? I could book us all in for dinner somewhere that evening, I'm sure we'll all be hungry.
Soll is a compact town and my experience was that restaurants filled up even 2 or 3 days in advance with bookings. Safer than trying a walk-in.

I wouldn't worry about the snow coverage Mahoney.
snow conditions
Hello all, I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a while now and tonight I made the decision to book a package deal. Hence why I can't bloomin sleep Happy

I'm a 33 year old man from Aberdeen, and a snowboarder but I haven't done too much of it for approx 12 years. I have recently completed over 12 hours of lessons (dry and indoor) in the past 3 weeks so I am holding my own. I also hope to get some time up the Cairngorms over Xmas if we actually get some decent snow.

I'll keep in touch and look forward to meeting you in soll. Cheers Greig
ski holidays
Cool Greig. That's something I haven't even thought about. How many snowboarders do we have on this now?
Is Greig(gmc80) the only one so far?

Greig contacted me by pm only tonight asking about the trip. Another to the party, welcome.

edit: I'm up too but I'm in work just so you don't think I'm nuts even though being in work at 4am is nuts.
ski holidays
earlyapex, you sure you're not in your basement playing Dungeons and Dragons?! Lol Wink

The village has changed a little but not a whole lot in 5 years tbh, still has the same vibe. The yellow umbrella bar is right in front of the Grundlalm, you'll see it when you get there & you'll prob remember it then, it's been there for donkeys. It's a good meeting point at the end of the day, gets jammers by 4pm and is good craic. (Nice hot chocolate with rum too!) If you want any advice you'll find someone in there who'll tell you (usu in a blue & yellow uniform & for the price of a beer, lol) Joes is a nice pitstop on the way down, and the Salven is still the seat of all madness, and the main après bar in the village.

I'm not sure where you stored your gear last time, but defo put it in the Edinger under the gondola this time. It's a fully serviced garage, with heated boot storage, costs about 2 euro a day. Well worth it Smile
ski holidays
Good call! Right, I'm gonna PM (I'm guessing that means 'private msg' Very Happy ) all the key players on this gig! and give u my email & phone number and then hopefully I can get to know your real names lol Laughing
latest report
Good on you mad2ski, another snowhead joins the group.

Yes I used the edinger garage before and plan to again this year, gets rid of the hassle of carting gear around. A very nice shop too. I recommend all do it.
snow report
Yes, I'm always baffled by the number of people who use the Stoll at the bottom of the hill- it's a disaster! Lol Wink

Also meant to say that the Grundlalm is the main restaurant right in front of the gondola middle station. The umbrella bar is in front of the entrance. It gets very busy in there at lunchtime, but the Stocklalm (down in the bowl by all the lifts) does a really lovely rotisserie chicken (if you're there before 12.30- it sells out quick!), and the Oberhausberg halfway down the blue family run is renowned for the best schnitzel. Two very tasty lunches sorted right there! Wink Very Happy
ski holidays
Here's the video I was trying to post from last week in Soll- snow going the wrong direction Wink http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/data/500/trim_Pcru7j.MOV

Have to edit this to say that given my technological prowess on here, there is a good chance that vid won't work. Works for me though..! Please let me know wink
ski holidays
Hey, this looks a good trip, are you still looking for more? I'm male, late 40's from nr Inverness, fly out of Edinburgh. Sounds like accom maybe the problem, it might be easier to find a twin bed and keep costs down- is there anyone else willing to share?
Oh I stick to skis, since I cracked my head boarding on ice, but can manage the occasional black and a wee bitty off piste.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy