Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Funniest Falls you have witnessed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First time I ever went skiing many years ago; it was in Soll, Austria and everywhere was hard pack ice, including the pick up decks for the chair lifts. It must have been one of my very first attempts at getting on a chair lift and I was with another learner from ski school. The gates opened up for the chair lift and we both pushed off enthusiastically towards the pick up point. We quickly realised that we didn't seem to be able to slow ourselves down on the pack ice and desperately grabbed hold off each other in an attempt to stop but we skidded straight off the end of the deck into a ditch with a 6 foot drop. We were both in stitches as was everybody else.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The above reminds me that a couple of years ago at Val D'Isere trying to get on Solaise Express. We all lined up ready to get on. Barriers allowed the right number through. Unfortunately someone came through behind me. Went to sit down. Sat on said someone. Lift proceeded with me being held by my arms. I shouted to those holding me to let go. They eventually did. Unfortunately, by now I was over the piste and fell about 12 ft. As soon as they dropped me the lift stopped. The front of the queue went silent until they realised I was Ok and then burst into laugther. I saw the offender later and "politely" advised her of her error. Result, I almost invariably look behind me even on the slow pick-up lifts
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's always when you're feeling cocky, isn't it? My best is probably when I was sauntering down the altiport in meribel with a class. I was feeling smug after having done something relatively difficult, so I wasn't paying attention on the green run back down. When I crossed my ski tips I went down so fast it looked like I'd been shot, apparently. I was unhurt except for two perfectly circular bruises on my hips.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maireadoconnor,

Did something similar myself. Skied down a red (not so relatively difficult) onto a very shallow slope in front of the ski lift entrance. I was relaxed had the skis flat and moving sideways. Made the bad decision to look back up the hiill, caught a downhill edge and was thrown forward and landed on my ski poles. Bruised ribs are the price I paid, to say nothing of the embarrasment.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Probably about 10 years ago at the flat bit at the top of Glasgow's Snowzone or whatever it's now called. I was there with the ex and his father pre-trip to the Alps. It was fathers' first go on ex's redundant carvers (his last pair of skis being the 2m+ skinny types). Ex had altered bindings, father kept questioning if they were correct since, when leaning forward over ski tips with his weight on his poles, the bindings were holding fast. Argument ensues with each determined to make their point - father takes hip width parallel stance, arms out as if on a crucifix and flings weight forward........bindings release - he went down like a felled tree, face first, arms still out to the sides. Place just erupted Laughing

I still struggle with bladder control recalling this even now!!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This?

photo IMG_0975_zpsc529a93f.jpg

photo IMG_0976_zpsc5e8550b.jpg

photo IMG_0977_zpsc63696b7.jpg

photo IMG_0978_zpse9f6fe03.jpg

photo IMG_0979_zpsd5e5f6ee.jpg

photo IMG_0980_zpsf102387a.jpg

photo IMG_0982_zps8a91890c.jpg
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy