Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Blizzard Bonafide - any reviews/Demo''s/owners out there?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
These are on my radar as a daily ski for European conditions . I m seeing a very good deal right now and I ve researched them a fair bit already ( I ve discounted Mantras and Line Prophet 98 - too heavy and too squirrelly - but I d change my mind if I saw them at the price I mseeinf the blizzards..).

My unanswered question is this : what are they like to ski fast on fresh "hard" piste ( 1st thing in the am - still a bit "rattley". I think I'm happy with every other aspect of performance, but happy to hear views. For completeness, I'm 200 -220 lbs (ok, 220..) 6 ft ish/185 so especially interested in reports from larger guys on the 187.

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How many 100mm skis have you skied on hardpack? I've only demoed indoors but I'd say they'd probably be upper 50% at least for piste performance for a ski that size. The earlier factor though is most important. You can always get a good tune of the specific ski feels a bit dodgy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob wrote:
How many 100mm skis have you skied on hardpack? I've only demoed indoors but I'd say they'd probably be upper 50% at least for piste performance for a ski that size. The earlier factor though is most important. You can always get a good tune of the specific ski feels a bit dodgy.

Well - 1 , which I love but is away for a warranty assessment and is not my go to ski on non-soft days. Fine in warmer winter days and spring, but if you know you are confined to the piste all day, no fresh has fallen for a week , It s nt m favourite choice. Not sure what you mean by "The earlier factor though is most important" , hope that helps answer it. Anyway, think I m going to get them!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mishmash, 191 Mantra at £180? http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/2205/products/volkl_mantra_2011_skis_skis_only_.aspx - almost tempted to buy another pair myself. Great performance on hard-pack for such a fat ski. I'm roughly the same height as you but a bit lighter (175lbs) and used a 184 as a daily driver for a long time, rarely bother taking my race skis out now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just got a mate to buy one of those pairs*! They obviously still have quite a bit of stock. I think that model was the last of the pre-rocker models so I think it may run a little long for me.
You obviously have them - what are your dimensions if I may be so bold? I just think 4 cm less and 3 years more early rise will be better. The other 99's I have are 192cm with a lot of rise. These are my skiing with kids, wife, cruising and then spotting the unspoilt stash that needs dealing with before hooning off down to the bottom of the resort keeping up with a mate on GS carvers, smashing through crud/ spring slop all mountain skis Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley . I hope.

All up they will cost me £380 pre bindings, and I m getting a killer deal on some FKS pivots as well. Just have to get them fitted.

But you are tempting me...

(* actually it was the Goatamas at similiar price and length now that I think about it ) Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mishmash wrote:
You obviously have them - what are your dimensions if I may be so bold?

175lbs, 6'1.

Quote:
These are my skiing with kids, wife, cruising and then spotting the unspoilt stash that needs dealing with before hooning off down to the bottom of the resort keeping up with a mate on GS carvers, smashing through crud/ spring slop all mountain skis Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley . I hope.

Use mine for the above (well, I don't have kids but skiing with Admin is probably similar Toofy Grin ) and they're pretty good at smashing it through crud and they ski like a GS ski in anything softer than totally bullet-proof and are still manageable when it is sheet ice and a helluva lot better than the other fat skis I've tried. Not fantastic on bottomless pow but that's prob because I went a bit short (184s) so I could chuck them around in the steeps and trees, and they're too stiff and cambered to be anything but hard work in transformed 'cement' but I and have a pair of 191 Katanas for those conditions.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think you are just confirming that a) I need them (the Bonafides) and b) 191 Mantras will be just a little toooo long for what I have in mind. I can step up for those days that I need to. Thanks!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've got a pair of Blizzard Kabookies which are the Bonafide without the metal. They are excellent on hardpack . . . . for a 98mm ski . . . and the Bonafide should be better with the metal layer.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just demoed the Bonafides at Castleford today and I would say they were my favourites, just beating the Scott The Ski. They were very responsive and stable, would have loved to see how they fair on Piste. I certainly prefer these to my Whitedot Directors, mind you the new directors Rangers where nice plenty of pop out of the turns. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy