Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ultimate Adventure

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
chrisJersey, that would be epic; you owe it to yourself to find a way to make it happen!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chrisJersey wrote:
obviously the non flight costs could be high and it would take around 3 or 4. weeks

weeks? I think I'd want to dedicate the whole winter/spring to a trip like that
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A great adventure could be had closer to home. Clear your diary either in January or March away from the holidays. Wait and see how the weather and snow are and then fly to the nearest airport and chase the snow in a hire car. There must be hundreds of ski areas away from the big tourist destinations that will be deserted mid week. Budget flights, Staying in B+Bs in the valleys and small ski ares will make it quite cheep too. The secret would be being very flexible and moving on to get the best snow. We often book flights early and decide where to drive to the day before , but this would be taking it to the next level. Now where's my diary............
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike Pow wrote:
Where I've been :

Argentina & Chile
Balkans - Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro
BC, Canada - resorts, cat, heli, touring
Hokkaido - resorts, cat, touring
Norway - Narvik, Stranda
US Road Trip - Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington

On my list :

Alaska
Armenia
Eastern Europe Road Trip - Albania, Bulgaria, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
Greenland
Iceland
Iran
Lebanon
Norway - Lofoten, Lyngen
Russia
North Korea not on the list then?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lyngen Lodge http://www.lyngenlodge.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=71. A bit expensive but nothing like heli skiing. If you can possibly ski with the owner and chief guide Graham Austick (owner and founder, much earlier, of Piste to Powder guides St Anton) then do. You may not have the choice and anyway he is usually in St Anton during January.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
just wondering if the OP booked something and if so what?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I too have skied with bears chasing me through an avalanche so can understand the need to push the limit Wink.

I really want to do this. http://www.kashmirheliski.in
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy