Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2013/2014

Poster: A snowHead
Chatel Snow, welcome to Snowheads snowHead I look forward to your reports as I have two weeks booked there again this coming season Cool
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any news on the progress of the new Pleney lift ... Assuming that the new Prodains is going to be fully operational but is the cable now closed ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No news from this side of the Valley - but there is some info on Morznet http://www.morznet.com/events/news.html

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 16-11-13 15:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ps - and thanks Sarah
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Something to get everyone in the mood!

http://youtube.com/v/Me_Tk4Y5BSA

[img]http://youtube.com/v/Me_Tk4Y5BSA[/img]
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nwarnett, once was enough
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's a beautiful start to the day here in Chatel with last night's fog now cleared, so we have clear blue skies and bright sunshine with frost on the ground.

This morning's view from 1200m in Chatel - looking towards the Linga ski area, taken 10 mins ago.
http://www.chatelweb.com/daily_photos/17112013/1.jpg
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chatel Snow, looks great, we are there for the season from 1st December Very Happy are the lifts open at the weekends now?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not yet Libertine - Pre-La-Joux area may open w/end of 30th November and again for the following weekend. Overnight snow left less snow than hoped for in the village at 1200m (3cm) - but tomorrow's snowfall looks more potent. Will be investigating a bit higher up the mountain during today.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The very restricted area in Les Gets is ready to go this weekend apparently - if there is sufficient snow fall by then.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Libertine, Hey Curly, I'm out 1st week in Feb. Who are you working for?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chatel Snow, thanks for the link and updates from Chatel. If you could put one or two of the best pics in this thread each week, that would be even better!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Fraulein - will do! Its snowing in Chatel as I type - about 8cm on the ground including the previous snowfall at 1200m - will post an update and photo during the morning. Current temp -1.8C.
Looking good for the initial opening weekend at Pre-La-Joux on 30th November.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Photo from Chatel (outside the front door) from a few minutes ago ....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Mossettes web cam is back up and running: http://portesdusoleil.livecam360.com/
snow conditions
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Chatel Snow, pretty
snow report
Still coming down heavily in Chatel. Slightly hairy school run complete! 12cm of lying snow on our postbox.
snow report
Fingers crossed for another top season with good early base being built up. Very Happy
Better warm up the old legs and dig the boots out.
ski holidays
Chatel Snow, thanks, brilliant! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Looking good - even Torgon has turned white!
ski holidays
From above Petit-Chatel this afternoon. Not far off 20cm of fresh at 1500m, bit less in Chatel at 1200m - but still a good snowfall.
ski holidays
Chatel Snow, you are doing well with the photos.
latest report
DJL wrote:
Looking good - even Torgon has turned white!

Even Geneva was white this morning.
snow report
How pretty does Chatel look this morning on the web cam, 6 weeks and definitely on the count down as I am on the cross trainer in the gym this morning, looking forward to soaking in the hot tub at Chalet Timide, oh and some skiing! Laughing
ski holidays
Yep - its beautiful here in Chatel this morning - just been out and about taking photos and video from Pre La Joux and Linga. Good coverage on the lowest piste at Pre La Joux (Rochassons) and the snow makers are on this morning there and at Linga as its still about -5C.
snow conditions
Looking good. Alarmingly though, the Val D'Illiez website just now is stating that the "derniere chute de neige" was on 1st January 1970. Puzzled
snow report
sanman wrote:
Looking good. Alarmingly though, the Val D'Illiez website just now is stating that the "derniere chute de neige" was on 1st January 1970. Puzzled

That's the default date value when it's not set in the database. They've entered the information but left the date field blank.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dawn this morning in Chatel - bit fuzzy - but you can see how picturesque it looked...
snow report
What are the odds of this not melting before XMAS?
snow conditions
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
Chatel Snow, keep 'em coming!!
ski holidays
Juddernaut, I don't think it's going to melt. It's properly cold, long range forecast is for it to stay that way and the snow cannons are chucking out snow in LG. Must get the skis waxed this weekend...
latest report
This was the view from my balcony yesterday, that's the Les Perriers lift you can see....

snow report
Superb prognosis MeMyselfandI. I am trying to keep a lid on it but it looks like a ball-tearing bumper season coming up.
snow conditions
Juddernaut, yeah, dunno. It's cold and there has been some snow but there isn't a huge amount more forecast. Apparently this year the onions* grown by the aged Getois indicated quite a bit of snow in Nov/Dec, a very cold Jan then lots of sunshine for the rest of the season.

*yeah, I'm serious, apparently the way the onions lie, the wildlife around at the end of summer and certain other things are a reliable indicator of winter weather when your family has been living in the area for the last 100 years or so...
snow conditions
MeMyselfandI, I have no doubt that nature has a better idea of what is in store than the Brit Met Office.
ski holidays
Video footage taken yesterday in Chatel ...

http://youtube.com/v/WGBudB_vVHU
snow conditions
Very Happy
ski holidays
Looks like a good start Very Happy snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy