Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2013/2014

Poster: A snowHead
Another winter is coming along!

Taken from Avorinet:

•Portes du Soleil ski area will be open daily from 21st December 2013 to 27th April 2014
•Morzine & Les Gets ski lifts are partially open (Pleney and Chavannes) from the 13th December 2013 and then fully open from the 20th December 2013 - 21st April 2014
•Avoriaz ski lifts are open from the 13th December 2013 - 27th April 2014 (partial openings first and last week)

and from the Chatel website:

> Weekends of 30th November /1st December and 7th & 8th December 2013 for Pre-la-Joux area.

> From 14th to 20th December 2013: Linga and Pre-la-Joux areas with link to Avoriaz every day.

> From 21st December 2013 until 27th April 2014: the whole area.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm heading out for the first week (Dec 14-21) to Morzine... anyone know if you need to buy a full PDS pass to ski Linga and Pre-la-Joux for that week? Seems a bit cheeky if so! Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Heh. That's where I'll be doing my first ever season, as a ski bum between jobs. Excited.

Anyone klnow any early season deals/what you need to get residents' rates (will renting a place for the season do, or not?)

Any other PDS tiops greatly appreciated. Taking a car, so will have access to the whole area!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So the season starts here!

driz, if you are staying in Morzine and skiing over to Linga/Pre La Joux you will need the full PDS pass. IF you can bear the faff you might save a few Euro by buying day by day rather than the full week PDS if you won't be far afield every day. That said if you get in Quick I think there are discounts to be had on prebought passes. See this post:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=102517
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DJL, thanks for that, I was just about to post it here myself Laughing We will be out in Chatel again New Year week and Half Term week Very Happy

Pamski, thanks for starting the new thread Smile

Harry Flashman, there are big discounts on Chatel only season passes if you book early, but none for PDS as far as I can see.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll be there feb/march. Overlapping with English halfterm a little, and then almost all of the French holidays! :S
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm also doing my first season out in Morzine this year. I'm really excited and i'm just getting impatient now, waiting for the winter to come around! It would be cool to meet up with some snowheads for a ski and a beer Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ciaran - I think we might be living in the same apartment over the season, if your username is your actual name...

As you'll know from e-mail: have a bit going on at work at the moment, but would definitely be up for a beer soon to chat about season plans!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Harry Flashman, I think you might be right wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks like the 1st snow in resort later this week Laughing

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowandtrek, dammit the one season I have no PDS trips planned and you have all this early snow Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
marmotte16, you can always slide over for a quick break with us. We shall not have the smallest member of the family in residence for five weeks this year!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Harry Flashman wrote:
Heh. That's where I'll be doing my first ever season, as a ski bum between jobs. Excited.

Anyone klnow any early season deals/what you need to get residents' rates (will renting a place for the season do, or not?)

Any other PDS tiops greatly appreciated. Taking a car, so will have access to the whole area!

Harry, I may be wrong, but think you need to be a homeowner for resident rates? as per the wording on their website, but past seasonaires may be able to tell differently.

Currently 20% off pre booked passes if done by the end of Oct.

Already have 10-14 days planned late March, but hoping I may be able to skip out Jan for a week as well Cool Thought I had the wife hooked on a 90 day vacation the other night, but commitments here pin us until next winter Mad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dennisp, what is this 20% discount? For which passes and where have you seen it please? Thanks.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
out in chatel for 6 months, 01/12/2013 - 30/05/2013... cant wait. we are staying in abondance though, so a 15 min drive, any experiences of abondance - and where is best to park for the day for PdS.

Has anyone skied abondance...... is it worth a thinking about?
snow report
sarah, If you are a resident (i.e. owner, but maybe if a seasonal tenant?) in Morzine et environs, and join the Morzine Residents Association, then you can get discounts on passes. http://www.associationresidentsmorzine.org/
snow report
noggy, ah for residents, thanks Smile
snow report
julietp, I think the 'best' park for you from there would be Les Crosets, but Im sure Chatel has one, and maybe Chapelle Abondance. Avoriaz obviously has a few, including the Stash.

sarah, nope, not talking about residents, thats a separate pass altogether. Im talking of the online discount available until end of October. Go to http://www.morznet.com/lifts/ski/prices.html for more details. Its an 'early bird' discount.
snow report
julietp, are you looking for a car park rather than a ski park?

There are a few options - Linga or Pre La Joux both give pretty quick access to the main area with Pre La Joux quicker if you are heading to Avoriaz. The parking area at La Chapelle near the gondola gets you up and over to Torgon quickly (and then over to Super Chatel).

I would give Chatel village centre a miss. No free parking and can get clogged.

There is aslso the Colombus up the valley which links to the ski buses.

Never skied Abondance in 24 seasons - must give it a go one day.
ski holidays
dennisp, how do you drive to Les Crosets from Abondance and why wouldn't you just park at, say, Linga? + Getting an ordinary car into the Stash would be frowned upon.
ski holidays
dennisp, thanks, that's only for Morzine/LG passes, thought it might have been for PDS Sad

I think julietp might be asking about car parks, not snow parks Laughing

julietp, from Abondance you could drive to La Chapelle and park on the big car park at the bottom of the Panthiaz gondola, that would get you into one end of the PDS most quickly, access to the smaller Swiss resorts and will generally be quieter. But for the most central access, I would drive straight up to the big car park at Pre la Joux and then you are straight up into the heart of the PDS.
latest report
julietp, these are the opening times for Chatel, other resorts will open later and close earlier

Weekends of 30th November /1st December and 7 th & 8th December 2013 for Pre-la-Joux area.

> From 14th to 20th December 2013: Linga and Pre-la-Joux areas with link to Avoriaz every day.

> From 21st December 2013 until 27th April 2014: the whole area.

You are going to be twiddling your thumbs for a couple of months
snow report
Shows how long it takes me to type Embarassed
snow report
Snowing Very Happy

http://m.webcam-hd.com/chatel/rochassons
snow report
This is a nice one too: http://livecam.avoriaz.com/

Snowwwww
ski holidays
First bits of snow visible on the mountains around the Lake Geneva area too....forecast for rain at lake level for the next few days, so I'm sure there will be a fair bit more in the mountains.....before it all melts next week Very Happy
ski holidays
Really looking forward to those cams turning white after all that green.
snow conditions
driz wrote:
This is a nice one too: http://livecam.avoriaz.com/

Snowwwww

wow! it looks like its properly snowed and settled a bit!! I'll get my board!! Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I like this one, now the clouds are clearing
http://m.webcam-hd.com/thollon-les-memises/front-de-neige
snow report
The chavannes shot on the Les Gets website looks great!!

http://www.lesgets.com/outils/webcams.html
snow report
It is properly, if damply, snowing in LG...
snow conditions
Rooftops are all white in La Chapelle (reporting from the webcams not live on the spot). Looks like snow down to at least 1000m last night. Better get those trips booked!
latest report
I will be amazed if any of the lower level snow lasts till the end of the week..
ski holidays
Wish I was in les gets right now, I'd be hiking up Smile
ski holidays
under a new name, We can dream............

An auspicious post - your count has reached the altitude of Mont Blanc!
latest report
DJL, be likin' that!
snow report
As one of my friends here says 'loads of sner!" - looking really wintery this morning with lovely blue skies! Weather due to get a bit warmer mid October then cold again....Only hasn't snowed in this area during 1 month this year - July!
snow conditions
Good depth of snow now building in Avoriaz. More coming at the weekend too.
snow report
Snow on the webcams this morning. Probably won't last the week but at least the process has started!
snow report
Beautiful start to the day here in Chatel with thin snow cover in the resort at 1200m, but decent cover further up. Valley fog is just starting to creep up to village level. Walked up the Rochassons piste at Pre-La-Joux yesterday and there was evidence of snow cannon use and a reasonable cover on the piste right down to the bottom - still needs more snow, but getting there. New webcam etc for Chatel at http://www.chatelweb.com/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy