Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes, Val d'Isere & The Espace Killy 2013/14 (webcams post 1)

Poster: A snowHead
Mark1863, I don't think the website is ready yet, I can login but can't create an order.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am not ready to make an order but want to be have all relevant info and access when I do. It's a shocker of a site. As soon as I have my spinal injection (right below skull) and things don't hurt as much at the end of Oct i will be at it like a rat up a drainpipe. Or at least that is the hope.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have the annual Mountain Sun trip booked for early December and am already checking the webcams every day. snowHead

Glacier still looking a bit worse for wear and in desperate need of some fresh snow. Can't wait to start seeing some coverage at Val Claret. The state of the halfpipe is always a bit of a gauge for me (even though I've never been in it).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
weathertoski has just tweeted that good chance that the glacier will get a fair bit of snow in the next 36 hours....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I hope so 'cos it's looking a bit sad currently!

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just had an e mail from Tignes Devellopment confirming that ESPN have cancelled the X Games in Tignes (plus Barcelona and Munich) for next 2014 - bad news for the resort (but there may be some cheeky deals that week now the star attraction has been axed).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chocksaway,
Any reason given?
For those of you that have been following my medical saga I was signed off by the shoulder consultant and ok'd to ski this morning. He expects to see me again due to the chronic arthritis in both the damaged and undamaged shoulders. An arthroscopy he suspects will be required within the next couple of years to clear out both shoulder joints. I have an injection to dumb down a trapped nerve at the top of the spine on 24/10 and we should be all systems go after that. Hardly a new man but certainly reconditioned if a bit rusty. Skiing I think is 95% certain. I will wait to see what the insurers say before saying 100%!
Who was it said they would buy me a beer in the Alpaka?
Sadly my rowing may be kaput! He thinks it will only irritate the problem.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Excited! Going to Val on the 29th Nov for a weekend.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mark1863, It just quotes unfavourable economic conditions for ESPN - presumably wit the US ones going ahead they have enough stuff for Extreme 1 to 45 TV channels. Tignes say they are working on some sort of replacement - not sure at this late stage who would sponsor it - maybe someone like red bull?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
And it does indeed look like it's snowing up on the glacier.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yay
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks if it's unsettled for a few days so the top may get several snow showers
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GM looking far better this morning after the dusting. A coldish spell seems to be on the cards later this week.
Not noticing any rush to load the bubbles on the aeroski.
Yesterday's Times was wittering on about the renaming of Les Boisses to Tignes 1800. Their ski pullout was pretty poor. Only a few pages and lacking any real info.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
GM looking far better this morning after the dusting. A coldish spell seems to be on the cards later this week
Yes, snow down to as low as 1100m over the next week, with up to 30cm forecast on the glacier. Foggy and snowy today. Still very early doors of course but it's looking good for the re-opening of the glacier next weekend Very Happy.

Quote:
Not noticing any rush to load the bubbles on the aeroski
Still amazing just how quickly they have built such an impressive new lift from scratch. Hopefully there'll be enough snow for me to try it out on the opening weekend of Espace Killy Smile - in only seven and a bit weeks' time. Looks like exactly the same, spacious, comfy cabins as the Les Boisses gondola - so a definite improvement there.

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yippee .......a sit down Very Happy
latest report
mountainaddict,
With the aeroski I presume there is no point putting them on until they need to. They have been stacked up there for a few weeks now. 11 weeks yesterday for my first run hopefully.
snow report
Some of the aeroski bubbles are already on, looks like about 12 of them

edit - OK the screen capture hasn't worked very well. Much clearer picture on the webcam itself.
snow conditions
The snowline is lower this morning, not by much but there is more snow visible today.
snow report
The snowline is lower this morning, not by much but there is more snow visible today.
snow report

Val Claret canon test? Very Happy
snow conditions
The Skipass Tignes website seems to be working now.
ski holidays
rjs wrote:

Not quite there yet. Won't accept payment yet....
ski holidays
Timg60 wrote:
rjs wrote:

Not quite there yet. Won't accept payment yet....

Scratch that lift passes paid for. The bank just seemed to think it was quite strange that 10 mins after paying for a couple of pints in St.Ives I was paying £800 notes out somewhere in france snowHead
snow conditions
Is it £800 for the season?Do you have to send them a photo? The hopefully magic injection still a few weeks away. But want to be ready to get my pass once I know I can get insurance. The so and sos at work are mucking me about with my leave as well. Somewhat bizarrely they want me to take more leave than I need to before the end of Feb. I am hoping this means a 70 days of skiing season for me.
Suppose I should look at the site but the lure of a beer at the local is about to hold sway. Come off the painkillers as useless so alcohol ok. Looking at site is a job for tomorrow.
Look as though ther may be a decent snowfall for the glacier coming.
latest report
2x13 day passes with carre neige. Wish it was a season......
snow report
Mark1863, You upload a digital photo to the website.
ski holidays
Some lucky pisteur has been putting fresh tracks on the GM.
Looking good for snow down to resort level over the next few days. I know it's too early to really stick but might explain the sudden hive of activity on the aero ski bubble attachment detail Very Happy
latest report
Blooming hec Tignes Le Lac has turned a colour I rather like! If you can see through the low cloud. The other cams seem to be showing old images so possibly covered in cloud
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
oooohhh

http://www.tignes.net/en/tignesMobile-500.html?page=navWebcams&id=1
snow report
Quote:

http://www.tignes.net/en/tignesMobile-500.html?page=navWebcams&id=1

The red 4x4 is parked in a very strange place Puzzled
latest report
Col de l'Iseran closed due to snowstorm Tweet and pic from http://www.simplyvaldisere.com/

snow conditions
Val Claret webcam has been updated. Thin coverage at Le Brev.
snow conditions
le lac webcam now is quite pretty, got a screen grab, but on the move so cant upload it.
snow conditions
Just arrived in Le Lac for the week (10.30pm). White all over and snowing now from around Seez. Obviously it won't last but will help with the condition of the glacier for opening on Saturday.
latest report
Looks like about 10cm of snow in Le Lavachet this morning Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Liking the webcams this morning.

looks like they moved the GM webcam. So now it's pretty useless for seeing the nice steep bit as it turns skier's left.
latest report
Son heads off to Tignes tomorrow for 2 weeks , see his snow dances have worked again!!
snow report
It'll all be gone by Monday at the latest, at least low down, hopefully will stay colder on the glacier from now onwards.............
ski holidays
Tignes Les Boisses (1,800m) earlier today. Won't last of course, but promises good things for the glacier Happy

latest report
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy