Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes, Val d'Isere & The Espace Killy 2013/14 (webcams post 1)

Poster: A snowHead
May as well kick off a new thread now with link to live webcam images

Tignes opens October 12th, with 20 km of pistes of the glacier,

Practical info:
- Opening hours for skiers: 8:30 am (first lift up of the funicular) – 3:30 pm (last lift down of the funicular)
- Lifts: there are 12 lifts, including the funicular that will take you to the glacier in only 7 minutes!

Updated with live Webcams in next two images

This image below taken 16th Sept 2013 Smile

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 7-10-13 8:21; edited 6 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
and a rather nice image of the lake....

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks like another dusting on the GM this morning. Also seems the new Aeroski cable is fully in place.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, Any chance of changing the title to Tignes and The Espace Killy so we have less confusion than last year with questions about Val. This title aligns nicely with Steve Angus' thread (well primarily his!)??
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chocksaway, How's that?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, was that this morning's webcam shot?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, Yes Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
and looking much better than this time last year Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's only a few dustings in the last few days that has covered the GM. Looked very grey last week.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
It's only a few dustings in the last few days that has covered the GM
Loks a bit more than a dusting - the biggest crevasses under the cable car look well filled. Pretty decent for the time of year Smile .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski, Thanks
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It certainly won't last but a fairly low snowline this morning!

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski,

This video shows the snow line was a little lower earlier in the morning;

http://youtube.com/v/dFDRhpEdgJE

The aeroski seems to be progressing nicely Very Happy

Sorry about the promotional stuff but you can never keep Phil quiet wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just making sure I can quickly get to this thread. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looks like the first cars are on the new aeroski. Webcam shows all the others being piled up at the bottom station.
snow conditions
from today

ski holidays
Cheers guys. Since this thread was started on Monday I became convinced that the apartment needed checking before winter. Arrive on the 10th, check apartment on the 11th and will then have to find something to do for the rest of the week.

Any ideas Very Happy
snow report
Oh no someone moved the webcam, now we have a pole in the way of my morning webcam fix Sad

http://tignes.livecam360.net/grande-motte?t=2013-09-20+09-40-00&r=116&z=134&tl=99981
snow conditions
I'll run that in an open window for the next month or so - I have a short early season trip booked with Mountain Sun and my heart actually started racing as the webcam circled round...
Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
Can someone remember how big each bubble on the new aeroski are? How many people per bubble? Look about the same size as the old ones on the webcam. Or are they using the old ones?
snow report
The cabins look to be the same size as the ones on the Boisses lift that was opened a couple of seasons back.
snow conditions
10 person seated IIRC
ski holidays
Timg60, Spot on, and it will be only a 5 min trip instead of 8 min - so why is it as my legs age lifts get quicker?
snow conditions
It'll be the 2nd lift I use on the 19th jan after a quick blast down the palafour to warm up the legs.
Looking forward to not having to use the magic carpet to get back to the lift as well. Looks like they are making a cover for the river to widen the piste as you approach the new lift..
snow conditions
Quote:

Looks like they are making a cover for the river to widen the piste as you approach the new lift..

Good. Anything that makes the busy piste between Trolles and the old Aeroski base safer has to be good. There have been some very nasty accidents on that stretch including, I believe, fatal collisions. Some better separation of skiers/boarders and wandering pedestrians would be welcome, as well as something more effective than flimsy netting to slow the wild ones down.
latest report
Does anyone happen to know if Leisse is usually* open in early November

* usuak caveats re freak weather accepted!!
snow report
Makes great viewing the early dumps of snow.

Returning to Tignes for the 3rd time in a row this time down in le Lac over Christmas coming snowHead

Ill be looking to buy a new pair of boots when im there any suggestions on where do the best fit?
ski holidays
Re post

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 23-09-13 15:52; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Either JoJo at Nevada sports on the Gallerie de Palafour or Jean-Charles at Ski Fast (last shop on the RHS as you walk up Rue de La Poste). My preference is Jean-Charles (he speaks plenty of English if that's a snag!)
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
Does anyone happen to know if Leisse is usually* open in early November

I can't remember it being ever open then.
latest report
Cannons being tested I assume in Val D'Isere

snow conditions
Booked the next two holidays now and getting excited already! Can anyone tell me whether there is likely to be any powder at all at Christmas, if so, is it worth booking an off piste course in Tignes that week?
snow report
gixxerniknik, nobody can say, or if they could predict powder days they would be very rich...
latest report
I guess it was a stupid question really! I've been to Tignes in late Jan and early March six times or so and had great conditions, really what I should have asked is generally, what's the conditions like in late December? But I suppose that's a bit like how long's a piece of string too! Last March was so good.
ski holidays
Glacier not looking as good as last week, looks like it might get some new snow though...
ski holidays
gixxerniknik, I'd wait till a few days before - I'll be posting regular reports from my mountain eerie (is that the right spelling?), sadly fresh snow often arrives at high speed in Dec - so you could also consider sneaking off to St Foy with the rest of us if this is the case.
latest report
Good advice I think, I'll be watching the postings on here just before I go to see what the conditions are like.
snow report
Just occasionally coverage may be poor at Christmas at and below resort level. Last few years have been good. Powder is always the luck of the draw. Hope to be there for 3 weeks from 20/12 if the spinal injection ever happens. Hope to be in resort from mid March to mid April (4 weeks) as well.
snow report
STGM website has opened for those wishing to start early with lift tickets - just have to find my logon details.
ski holidays
how do you register to buy a pass on line? Not obvious. Is my understanding correct that a season pass is E1008 if purchased pre 20/12? And is that full EK? Not clear.
If so that's just over 2 x 15 day passes. So equivalent to 31 days ish. My current hope is 42 at least. Possibly 50+. Max 63. Hope so. I suppose you take the chance you do not injure yourself. Still some medical hurdles to clear before anything is certain. Not sure what some friends are doing yet before make final plans.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy