Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

~ snowHeads Ski Test Milton Keynes SnowZone 28th Sept ~ CLOSED

Poster: A snowHead
To show interest in the Milton Keynes Ski Test Sept 2013 Click this:

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 28-09-13 13:33; edited 8 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Milton Keynes Ski Test Sept 2013 (MKSkiTest) will run from Sat 28 Sep 2013 to Sat 28 Sep 2013

We've an opportunity to do a Ski Test at SnowZone Milton Keynes on 28th Sept.
The Ellis Brigham test stock will be there (Those who met them at the EoSB know their test fleet is extensive) we can also expect Armada, Blizzard, Kneissl, Nordica and Rossignol who have all confirmed they'll be there. Whitedot are also a possibility.

This is a great chance to checkout the new models for the coming season. Whether you're looking to buy/upgrade this Winter or not, it's always good to experience different skis - teaches U a lot about your skiing!

The session will run from 4PM to 9PM. The slope will be closed for grooming for an hour between 6 and 7, which would be a good opportunity for a beer or pizza or something before getting back to a freshly groom slope.
The cost will be £35 for the full session or £25 for super/mega-snowHeads.
For under 16's £30 for the full session or £20 if the junior is a super/mega-snowHead in their own right.

Please indicate your interest above as we need a minimum of 20 to make the efforts of Ellis Brigham and the ski reps worthwhile.
UPDATE: We've clearly got enough interest to make this worth going ahead with so we're ON.
Hit the button above and then select the 'Sign me up' option.

Everybody coming needs to sign up from their own snowHeads account (yes even kids) so if you've got a +1, please sort them out with their own snowHeads ID.
(I've made this big as no-one seemed to read it and I kept getting asked for +1's)

Are you coming to the MKSkiTest?
I'm in - Sign me up! CLOSED
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Yes, almost certainly.
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Hopefully so...
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

I'd love to have come but can't do the 28th :-(
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

It was a button, I pressed it - I'll go now...
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Do you think you'll want food during the pisting break?
Chicken Curry sounds good
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

I'm leaning toward Beef Chili
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

It comes with beer, what else matters?
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

I have other plans
A snowHead
A snowHead

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 20-09-13 2:36; edited 8 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
admin, sounds great, but sadly no can do.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pedantica, +1. Too short notice Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm working that weekend. Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It would be rude not to...
(the perfect ski IS out there, somewhere)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
little ms spock wrote:
It would be rude not to...
indeed it would.
(...although it's brave of you to call Pedantica, holidayloverxx and geepee rude Wink )

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 15-09-13 16:21; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh this could be interesting.. and potentially expensive
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Would be lovely, but unfortunately we can't make it - we're away that weekend. Otherwise we'd definitely have been there - ski tests are always fun snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
little ms spock, I've just checked how long I've had my current skis and it's now four years (I'm trying to justify a new pair. wink ) AFAIK you've been looking for skis for at least as long as that. Shocked

I would come to MK but a) I've identified my next skis, which Ellis Brigham don't have and b) I won't be in the country.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pedantica, Which skis have you decided upon for your next pair?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin, sorry, we will be skiing Chill Factore in Manchester that weekend otherwise I'm sure we would have made the effort.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 16-09-13 0:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Iski, 2013 Dynastar Exclusive Legend Eden, not dissimilar to my current ones, but rockered and a little bit wider in the waist. It may prove difficult to find a pair, though, in which case I'll have to think again. I've been told by someone in the know that there is very little excess stock this year, so a previous-season bargain will be hard to find. I had this problem with my current pair, but did manage to get hold of them in the end, with help. Maybe I'll be lucky again. (I probably should have bought them in Tignes last year, when I had the chance, but I was feeling mean. Silly.)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica, As we all know, hindsight is a wonderful thing! Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sorry cant make it will be getting ready to go to Gatwick for cruising in the Med Very Happy
snow conditions
Megamum, You are aware I hope that the weekend of the 28th/29th at CFe is a race weekend, and so half of the main slope will be reserved for the racing until mid-afternoon each day.
Or maybe you are competing? Toofy Grin
latest report
I'd be up for this but given only 2 weeks notice I have severe doubts that it will actually happen unfortunately as getting 20 people on a Saturday is a bit of a challenge.

Also only saw it by accident as I do not generally look at stickies.
snow report
Would have tried to come along but doing Hemel on the 21st and think maybe Ellis would not like me there Toofy Grin rolling eyes
ski holidays
I don't venture that far south. wink
latest report
livetoski, I can't help you with the Hemel thing but I think we could find an easy agreement between you and EB. They don't tend to be so exclusive, as S&R traditionally have been. Actually, on that note, how are they about you coming to Hemel?
snow conditions
Quote:

how are they about you coming to Hemel?

They have always been fine, even helped out with ski servicing etc, it helps that I sell skis they don't plus it may have something to do with the fact that my lad did a season with the manager who used to run Hemel, she has gone to Iceland now though!!!!
ski holidays
fatbob wrote:
I'd be up for this but given only 2 weeks notice I have severe doubts that it will actually happen unfortunately as getting 20 people on a Saturday is a bit of a challenge.

Also only saw it by accident as I do not generally look at stickies.
Well we're half way there and weekend traffic is always well below Monday/Tuesday. Anyway, I've now fired off a quick snowMail to give the world a heads-up.
ski holidays
RobW, Sad I wasn't, and we are booked now Sad . 9-11am on Saturday on their special offer - makes me wonder now if that was what the special offer was for!
latest report
Hi,
Thanks for the heads up,
I'm away diving that weekend. Looking forward to Mirabel in Feb Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Hopeful question - do Snowheads have the slope to themselves or is the test session in with the general public?
snow report
adybabe, we wouldn't get the slope to ourselves unless we had a pretty substantial crowd confirmed. Big numbers can get U all sorts of privileges Wink
The ski test though is exclusively a snowHeads one.

Why?
snow conditions
Will ask SWMBO

Buying new skis would see me killed, or worse, but may be able to get there depending on what kids etc are up to that day
snow report
I don't "need" new skis, but I'm not going to let that stop me spending a day on the slopes Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's the snowHeads-spirit k snowHead

Boris, have you considered introducing the kids to skiing? Wink
latest report
I have no present intention of buying new skis, but I would like to come anyway.
However...
I do not have my own boots. Will I be able to hire some boots for the session?
ski holidays
Yes boots are always available at the slope and the use of them is included in the entry price.
latest report
I'm shopping for a new pair this winter so yes, put me down as an almost definite.
snow report
admin, I'd love to, but not sure I'll be here on that date. Please put me down as a hopeful.
ski holidays
I've just bought some new skis, I'm kinda glad I'm not free that day...
ski holidays
Click dat button Dirty Gibson!
Swotits therefore Wink
ski holidays
doing a snoworks course in hemel that day snowHead
latest report
You too Neraida - button at the top "I'm interested in coming etc..."
snow report
admin, they can buy skis when they stop growing - I'm not doing anything for them now which makes them even better than me Laughing
snow conditions
admin, Sorry sir Embarassed Dunnit.
ski holidays
Would be interested but can't make that weekend. Can we have another one please, maybe late October- and does it have to be a Saturday?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy