Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying skis!!- Need help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am currently looking to buy new skis as my old skis are now too small, I am an confident advanced skier, I will also be looking to take my ski instructor courses soon!

When I ski my main preference is park skiing, I was aiming to buy a park ski as the last ski I used was a head mojo ski which was very good on park but the problem is I don't ski solo and when I ski with friends we have a mixed group which means we ski park, powder, piste! But I found with the head mojo being a park ski I lacked technique when skiing powder!

I have looked into buying an all mountain ski which partially prioritises park skiing! I have done a bit of research and the best ski I have found was the black crowes navis ski, I know that the park side of black crowes like the orb free style is very good as I have tested it! The problem is though, I am 16 years old and have recently peaked my growth spurt and am 179cm, the problem is I have never skid on anything longer than 154cm as it was out of season that I grew, so when looking at the navis the smallest size is 175cm which has great reviews I'm just scared i won't be able to contain my skiing style an tricks jumping up such a large highly difference, and being on such a powerful ski!

If anyone could give me any advice on wether to get the black crowes or how to go about upgrading lengths, or has any ski recommendations I would be grateful!

Thank you!
Jono
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Jono,

I'm 6'1" and only 11 stone and at 35 have finally found a pair of skis I'm willing to invest in, and they are the Navis. Skied a hire pair last year in Verbier on groomed, crust and deep powder (and a tiny bit of park). They handled everything really well and are surprisingly good at carving on piste. I went for the 175s mainly because I have mates who like to do tighter/steeper stuff so they're easier to jump turn than 186s.

Bolty
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got just the pair for sale, Nordica Dead Money 170cm, these are top dollar and are perfect for park and powder. Will do a bit on piste as well. Have a look in the for sale area.
Kais
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are looking to do instructor courses, then I would see what BASI recommend. I gather they somewhat frown on people turning up for instructor courses on park skis. Assuming you are planning on buying only one pair, that is
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I sound similar to you in terms of skiing (but quite a bit older, and a bit shorter a 5'9" I think). I use Whitedot Ones in a 173, and really love them. Pretty stiff, so actually pretty good at carving, even on hard icy stuff. Excellent in the park. Passably good off-piste (I.e. anything below knee deep powder is fine, beyond that something with a bit more surface area would be nice). Mine are on Jester Schizo bindings, so good for park fun. Took them on the British Freeski Camp 2 years ago and they were very playful in the half pipe! They ski backwards really, really well.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've not skied them myself, but the K2 Recoil gets a good rep for the sort of skiing you're talking about.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy