Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski the whole season 2014

Poster: A snowHead
miranda, Oh, so you reckon they're both about the same size then? rolling eyes wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah, the run up to the season begins in earnest. Welcome back Nixmap.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a mystery to me. It really is. How can such an offer result in such vitriol?

Flaine_Skier is right about the L permit. Just FYI, I have on many occasions shipped non-Swiss nationals into CH (at their request, or course!) so I do know a little bit about it.

If I didn't have: a company to run, two dogs to care for, oh, and a girlfriend I would definitely put my name in the Mix.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nixnap

Out of interest, how would you deal with someone that didn't live up to their expectations? Normal Swiss employment law allows an employer to release an employee relatively easily (my last boss was Swiss so explained this to me once). As you are not officially employing the person you would presumably not have these rights.

Therefore someone could apply, do nothing, and could probably remain a house guest until their 90 days in the country expire and you could do nothing about it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A Lurker, I assume he justs tells them to get outta his house
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
He hardly releases the hounds I wouldn't think (?)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wonder if admin is aware of this annual thread?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It would be his call on rate card.

Previous post was ironic.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A Lurker wrote:
Nixnap

Out of interest, how would you deal with someone that didn't live up to their expectations? Normal Swiss employment law allows an employer to release an employee relatively easily (my last boss was Swiss so explained this to me once). As you are not officially employing the person you would presumably not have these rights.

Therefore someone could apply, do nothing, and could probably remain a house guest until their 90 days in the country expire and you could do nothing about it.

Never happend, so I dont really know,
As None of my guests are employees ??, in principal this applies to any guest I have to stay.
Presumably common sense would prevail.
Maybe I would call Masque Laughing

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 30-08-13 12:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin wrote:
spud, geeo, the difference is we are talking about Switzerland a nation who do not tolerate foreign nationals being in thei country for more than 12 weeks without a work or residency permit.
Neither of which come with the job on offer.

I'ts illegal - that's the difference!

And yes I have worked in Switzerland - with a work permit Very Happy

How does the legality differ from a conversation in the Pub to a converstation in a forum. The end result is the same.
Either way people have have to respect the length of time they stay in a country, depending on their personal circumstances.
There are various options for people who wish to stay longer than 90 days but depends largely where you are from and how much hassle you want to go through.
In the worst case 90 days is enough to still feel like a season for most people.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
zammo wrote:
It's a mystery to me. It really is. How can such an offer result in such vitriol?

Its a never ending mystery, peculiar only to some grumpy snowheads.
I try not to take it personally.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think I read this last year, and the year before, and the one before that...

Come on people, if you don't like it, don't read it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I would defiantly go for it if I didn't have 18 mth twin boys....... and if your family required close protection and a qualified A&E nurse in the mix, then my wife and I would be perfect. wink

Go for it guys that can!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nixmap, Hi. In case you haven't seen it, I've sent you a message.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ade57, will be interesting to know whether you receive a reply. I have no particular objection to advertising for live-in chalet staff (the forum's policy on advertising is nothing to do with me) provided it's not misrepresented as "free accommodation" or "free skiing". It's a job involving an unspecified numbers of (long) days cooking, cleaning, laundry, snow-clearing, shopping and child-minding for which people will be paid in kind, with accommodation. It's impossible to know whether it's a good offer or a bad offer without being able to put some numbers on it, including the opportunity cost of people's time.

As someone who very regularly shops and cooks for friends and family visiting my apartment in the Alps, and has also (paid) cleaning for other apartments on change-over I have an informed idea of how much time it takes to do that job well. It's a pleasure to do for people you love and whose company you enjoy, but it's still work!
ski holidays
nixmap wrote:
zammo wrote:

Its a never ending mystery, peculiar only to some grumpy snowheads.
I try not to take it personally.

Maybe its jealousy.

Or the fact you might be the Fred West of ski holidays?
latest report
Filthyphil30k, Shocked Im sure theres a very reasonable explanation as to why we've never heard back from anyone who's done a Season for/with him! Laughing
latest report
pam w wrote:
Ade57, numbers of (long) days cooking, cleaning, laundry, snow-clearing, shopping and child-minding

long days. Shocked ... you are making it up. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Quote:

you are making it up

well, I'm speaking from my own experience - with visitors I find I am usually unloading the dishwasher and thinking about breakfast from about 0730 (assuming they are the sort of people who like to get out onto the slopes early) and loading the dishwasher again after dinner at about 9 pm. Your set up, and expectation, might be entirely different but as you never give us any information to go on, we have little choice but to "make it up", do we? Or just ignore your thread entirely, which I generally do these days unless particularly bored. wink
ski holidays
I have edited this post as on reflection felt it unfair.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 2-09-13 13:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
[quote="pam w"]
Quote:

you are making it up

pam w wrote:

unloading the dishwasher and thinking about breakfast from about 0730
Shocked Shocked the boss would be horrified. Ok on a powder day I guess but thats to everyones benefit.
pam w wrote:

Your set up, and expectation, might be entirely different but as you never give us any information to go on,
we have little choice but to "make it up", do we?
I answer most questions in here in case you hadnt noticed.
Including some on this subject Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy